What's up with Twilight?

A RUSH OF VIDA

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Never read the book but saw the movie and it sucked big balls!.....I think people love it so much cause of how Edward is like the perfect guy....I think ha

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i read the Host, by the same author and it was very good, have not read twilight, was in costco today and they had a 4 pack of her books including twilight

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Edward is deliberately described in the book as the most perfect male specimen on Earth and Bella and Edward's relationship deliberately made to be some long-lasting love that you know adults would have, not teens. Also the teens act like adults.

Avoid if you must, due to this it is tolerable to read and easy to get addicted to for some.

John Brashears

DoorToDoor Door Salesman
Coldplayer
You guys talk about Twilight as if it's a second rate vampire fan fic written by some lonely old woman.

coldplay.obsessed

Ms. Brightside
Coldplayer
the book isn't that bad
the movie i don't even know why i went to watch it i was laughing hysterically through it seriously i couldn't stop it was so gay, there was some girl beside me kept on saying Edward's so hot everytime she did i'd get a new wave of hysteria ( i do not understand all the "Edward marry me", "Edward is hot"and w.e. else ppl make up. LMAO btw the funniest yet is when they say Edward's hot, but not Robert Pattison, makes me go wtf doesn't he play him. c'mon edwards not real :laugh3:)
but i must say even though you didn't watch it the gayest part was when he was supposed to "sparkle" looked like goddamn sweat i left before the end, next day i came to school and one of my classmates told me she cried because it was so good. I was confused like never before :stunned:.

John Brashears

DoorToDoor Door Salesman
Coldplayer
I saw the film and have read all of the books, so I can clearly say that Stephenie Meyer should be ashamed.

Coldplay.Obsessed, did you happen to notice how Robert couldn't understand which accent to speak and ends up using a different one every take?

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Basically, the books are tolerable, from a writer's point of view I am inclined to say plot etc are rather boring and typical. The movie, however, is the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen in a while. I could hear fangirls scowl as I laffed at their "dramatic scenes".

coldplay.obsessed

Ms. Brightside
Coldplayer
^hahaha lmaoo yes, my friend pointed it out she said watch for his accent it's gonna be so bad. Oh btw okay not dissing her Kristen Stewart she's really good in other movies, lmao but how much she blinks in every scence it's crazy, and i dont' know it's just all the acting looked really fake

John Brashears

DoorToDoor Door Salesman
Coldplayer
She packs quite a deep voice, though. It was cleared up nicely in the film, but in the trailer... Wow. Everytime a girl went on about how great the twilight movie was going to be I'd just speak very low and nasally "I can't stand losing you, Edward"

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
I have heard both positive and critical reviews of the Twilight series from many people that I know. All I know is that I read The Host and really enjoyed it.

Oh, and almost everyone I talked to agreed that the movie stunk big time.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Most of my family is reading it. The message I'm being told time and time again is that while it's not the best written book in the world, it's virally addictive and impossible to put down.
I might start the first this summer, but I have a feeling I'll be nonplussed by the romance and be so-so on the rest. My mom and sister sort of back that notion.

noonsun

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Everyone I know reads Twilight for the Edward-hotness. I tried to slog through it myself to see what all the fuss was about, but once I got to the part where he started sparkling I just said "yeah no this isn't a good book, sorry masses." I did not find it very "addictive;" actually I thought the writing style was sort of dull. All my freinds think I'm a lesbian now or something because I am not attracted to Edward and his vampiresome zomg hawtness. it's a little icky to not like Twilight at my school, actually...

I do know one poser boy who read it because he's a poser and he says he likes it (and he's straight, so he doesn't really read it for the Edward-hotness :p), but then again, if I haven't mentioned it he's a bit of a poser, so.

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
Your friends are frickin' insane, if you don't mind me throwing that out there.

Seriously. That's a poor reason for reading any book, particularly those type of books. :blank:

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Yeah, it's that whole fangirl frenzy that really turns me off from the book/s, even though I haven't read it/them. That and all the sacriligious comparisons to Harry Potter. The notion I got is that the twilight fanbase consists largely of former HP 'shippers who moved on to a series that had all the romance and squees they loved, minus all the boring stuff.

Again, I'll trying REALLY hard to reserve judgement until I read it myself.

gotcheese2768

Erick
Coldplayer
i loved the book and the storyline! however it is the worst shittiest writing i have ever ever read! but that being said it is one of my favorite books!