Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whats the difference?

MrMagpie

Banned
Coldplayer
I don't hear it. I probably should listen to the album version more.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Chris's "ooooh" after the first chorus, some more prominent backing vocals after that, and I think the high tremolo picked solo part at the end is a bit clearer, which I like. It's not a huge difference, but definitely a better mix.

L

LiquidSky

You are not alone, Briggins. I cant hear the difference either.. :earmuffs: :huh:

MrMagpie

Banned
Coldplayer
Okay good haha. Why did they put it on the EP? haha they could have put something better in my opinion.

coldplay101

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
sheesh whats the deal...i thought this would be a lot different....

but i love LIJ...so i dont mind it lol

PolitikClocks

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've replaced my album version with this version. Although it's not too much of a noticeable alteration, it's just enough to breathe some life back into this much-overplayed favourite of mine :)

panicked

in the lightning strike
Coldplayer
^Same here. I think it's much a cleaner, smoother version. It's hard to explain, but it seems less 'noisy' than the album version. I think this mix turns down some of the guitars in places, and brings out some of the separate rhythms in places also. I like it better than the album version.

Mig-El

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I also think it's not worth it to have it in the EP come on just for those minimum details... they could have included anything else

tauiwi

Hotplayer
Coldplayer
Oracle says there is a difference in tempo. Respect the oracle.

gotcheese2768

Erick
Coldplayer
^Same here. I think it's much a cleaner, smoother version. It's hard to explain, but it seems less 'noisy' than the album version. I think this mix turns down some of the guitars in places, and brings out some of the separate rhythms in places also. I like it better than the album version.
i agree 100 percent...

green eyes88

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
im glad to hear no one else can hear the difference... i thought it was just me !!

loco

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The differences are:
Will and Guy backing Chris up with a harmony
Chris singing the Wooooohh after the first chorus
After the second chorus Johny tremelo picks (very fast strumming) on a higher octaves compared to the 3rd time it repeats, whereas the original version the guitar just gets louder with more distortion on the 3rd repeat

Sparks22

Open up your eyes!
Coldplayer
I can also hear a slight difference between the songs. I like the version on the lp better because it's more dynamic and a bit clearer and colder, if you know what I mean. You can hear Chris' singing better on this version.

In my opinion the Osaka sun mix is noisy and not so clear.
But the Osaka Mix has also its advantages.
The additional backing vocals are great and the guitar is louder I think and it's better that there is no Reign of love after the song.

Anyway the best version of Lovers in japan is the acoustic one. The should have put this version on the ep.