Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are you eating?

Coldplay or Chocolate?

• Total voters

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I actually did a paper on a local danish island Bornholm last year and there is good reason to believe Burgundians emigrated from Scandinavia, from this very island whose name means "island of the Burgundians", then further to central Europe, France, etc. Very interesting subject! I can be a bit of a nerd about stuff like history haha
Oh, so your ancestors are to blame for it.
I'm going to start cooking now because all these talking of food is getting me hungry. :)

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
And hey who doesn't like to eat?? There are some things in life I could not imagine not liking....food being one of them :D

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Oh, so your ancestors are to blame for it.
I'm going to start cooking now because all these talking of food is getting me hungry. :)
That is precisely correct! hahaha I actually had one of those genealogy charts done on my family and we had quite a few Burgundians in France back when :)

Enjoy your cooking and your meal :drunk::chef:

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It's past my bed time but I couldn't go to sleep before eating some delicious pan cakes

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
It feels like my stomach is eating itself atm :dead:

but I only have pickles in a jar -___-

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
About to eat one of my usual breakfasts: banana, blueberries and brazilian nuts with honey

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
chocolate bunny with smarties in it :drunk:

Kamili

Leave your broken windows open
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Eggs with mushrooms and bacon :chef:

D

diogo_sg

I just had a bowl of corn flakes.

"So how corn flakes move on
How come milk don't flow
When I get to the end of my bowl"

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm eating some "experimental" soup today.

Yesterday I started cooking and when I was halfway I discovered that I was missing some ingredients.
I threw some things in the cooking pot and the result was OK-ish. :)

I didn't have any signs of food poisoning today so I guess it will be save to eat the rest of it.:D

#notreallyakitchenprincess

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I'm eating some "experimental" soup today.

Yesterday I started cooking and when I was halfway I discovered that I was missing some ingredients.
I threw some things in the cooking pot and the result was OK-ish. :)

I didn't have any signs of food poisoning today so I guess it will be save to eat the rest of it.:D

#notreallyakitchenprincess
Care to share what these experimental ingredients are, not-a-kitchen-Princess? hehe

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Care to share what these experimental ingredients are, not-a-kitchen-Princess? hehe
The things I could find in my fridge: carrots, broccoli, red paprika, mushrooms, a little bit of ginger and bacon.
It looked awful but tasted pretty good.
I just tried to see if it was still edible and it was even better than yesterday. :)

But, be aware: try this at your own risk! :D

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
The things I could find in my fridge: carrots, broccoli, red paprika, mushrooms, a little bit of ginger and bacon.
It looked awful but tasted pretty good.
I just tried to see if it was still edible and it was even better than yesterday. :)

But, be aware: try this at your own risk! :D
Hmm sounds like a delicious soup to me to be honest! hehe Especially crispy bacon on top of a soup adds just the right zest :) I´d probably do without the mushrooms though hehe

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I've just eaten a couple of tamales. We're celebrating the Candelaria's Day, which is a religious tradition. This day we eat tamales, they're very delicious and are made of smashed corn.

Attachments

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I've just eaten a couple of tamales. We're celebrating the Candelaria's Day, which is a religious tradition. This day we eat tamales, they're very delicious and are made of smashed corn.
This is celebrated in many places around the world, both as part of common religions (christianity) and other denominations (paganism). In the USA its celebrated as Groundhog Day, in Italy as Calendaria (similar to the one you mention here, from candles= light), in neo-paganism its Imbolc (midwinter =half way between the winter solstice and spring equinox).

Religion has adopted it from ancient paganism, but I think its all very fitting as all of this is a celebration of the light (in paganism its the light of the Sun, in Christianity its Jesus as the light of the world, Groundhog day is about the advent of Spring). I do like it how traditions like this can be celebrated by different groups but under similar meanings :)

I also like how you eat those tamales made of corn, corn being of golden colour...like the Sun/Light :)

Apologise if this sounded geeky...I do have a passion for these things and I like to share /exchange :D

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hmm sounds like a delicious soup to me to be honest! hehe Especially crispy bacon on top of a soup adds just the right zest :) I´d probably do without the mushrooms though hehe
Yeah, the mushrooms were a mistake. :)

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
15 minutes ago I learned that it is national pancake day today.
And the origin is also religious: Maria Lichtmis.
Well, too late, I'm not hungry anymore.