Unnamed LP9 Thread

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just in case it wasnt clear for everyone, the Music of the Spheres logo depicts the DNA double helix at the centre of an intricate series of circles (or sphere is you will). Its also dotted by other spheres which represents some of the major bodies of our solar system. From counting each space, it would appear they have space for the sun and all the official planets (so, sans Pluto in case you were wondering).

Heres a high quality scan courtesy of reddit

https://i.redd.it/ruupolr0yf141.jpg

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
I really love the retro spacey feel of that image. It's an excellent foil to the aesthetic of Everyday Life, and it lends credence to the theory of Everyday Life and LP9 being complements/opposites in some way.

Everyday Life has been an amazing era so far, and I'm sad to see it coming to an end so soon, but I'm also super excited and intrigued by the LP9 concept.

Essam

And in the end we lie awake,And we dream of making
Coldplayer
What If Music of The Spheres symbol is just like flower of life in AHFOD and doesn’t indicate to anything on the coming album
and FFTF 2024 indicates to LP10.

sa_spurs_tx

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
What If Music of The Spheres symbol is just like flower of life in AHFOD and doesn’t indicate to anything on the coming album
and FFTF 2024 indicates to LP10.
Pardon my ignorance... well actually, I went through the whole thread and cannot located how this "Music of the Spheres" started... I do see the sphere like balloon figure on the main website, towards the bottom... ::shrugs::. Haha, thanks in advance everyone :)

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Pardon my ignorance... well actually, I went through the whole thread and cannot located how this "Music of the Spheres" started... I do see the sphere like balloon figure on the main website, towards the bottom... ::shrugs::. Haha, thanks in advance everyone :)
Its in the Everyday Life album sleeve apparently? I also linked to the picture above.

Xyloband_99

Graphic Designer
Coldplayer
I think they are reffering the album will come out in 2024. They will release an album in 2020 and 2 years of tour, a year break, 2024 album and 2025 20th anniversary of X&Y. Same story that started with GS and AHFOD.

2014- Ghost Stories
2015- AHFOD
2016,2017- Tour
2018- Break

2019- Everyday Life
2020- LP9
2021,2022- Tour
2023- Break

2024- LP10
2025- LP11 (X&Y Thing)

But i don't know about Music of The Spheres thing. It can be anything.

Pepperfish

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Definitely a whiff of "Back to the Future" about all of this. Everyday Life teased the date 1919 and Jonny's grandads band. The teaser for Music of the Spheres teased fftf and 2024. Fftf, fit for the future which is an environmental lobby? Chris also mentioned Michael J Fox and said "go Johnny, go, go, go" during the band's live Jordan performance and the movie is a favourite of all the band. Think the 2024 is just a hypothetical date.

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ah, okay thanks !!! I’m still waiting for my copy to come in
me too : /

I last told them I was disappointed it took so long, so they replied back saying they're also giving me free pins. I said I wanted the shipping waived too because another user here said they were offered that. I mean, I rather have the 9 bucks knocked off than a 50 cent pin. They havent replied since, but I think they said they'd be shipping end of this week. Pretty sure im not buying from Coldplay.com anymore. Maybe I should make that last part clear to them. I mean, I guess $9 is worth losing a potential future customer over. I dont imagine CDs are flying off the shelves anymore, but thats their call.

Liam

Coldplayer
Music of spheres is definitely a new X&Y i reckon, not a re-worked one but what it should of been (according to them) but i think it's a brilliant album anyway but there must be a tonne of unfinished X&Y era stuff that they've had that wasn't finished but maybe now they've gone back to??

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
But what do we actually think it will sound like?

I'll just assume LP9 is music of the spheres and this is the artwork... I've got two guesses:

1. It's a retro rock'n roll/pop album. - So think Cry Cry Cry and Amazing Day and going for a 50's blues/gospel/Back to the Future vibe but with some fun rock songs thrown in. I feel like this would leave room for a few Top-40 singles that are super catchy and pop-vocal driven but also some fun alternative sounds. It would feel natural coming off of Everyday Life. I remember there was a "Waltz in B-Minor, Radio Dial" song that probably turned into Kaleidiscope on AHFOD. It almost feels like the band had the idea of doing a radio-dial album and I get that vibe from this image.

2. It's a weird spacey album - This is what i'd prefer. A space odyssey telling a weird story. Tons of synths and Jonny wailing on his e-bow. Think a mix of X&Y, MX and Kaleidiscope EP. Maybe this would be too similar to X&Y or just way too out there for a commercial album.

The only issue is that all indications are pointing to the album being "standard." We know Chris almost saved Orphans for the next album, which is the most standard pop song on EL. We also know the record label is anticipating a more "standard" release, so I'll go ahead and assume that means "commercial." They love the Cry Cry Cry pitched vocals and Chris says they have another song with it they love (probably LP9). And finally, we know Coldplay wants to do something that can be toured, which implies it needs to have big sing-alongs and more explosiveness. So does that mean explosive rock and roll or explosive pop?

Last edited:

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
Music of spheres is definitely a new X&Y i reckon, not a re-worked one but what it should of been (according to them) but i think it's a brilliant album anyway but there must be a tonne of unfinished X&Y era stuff that they've had that wasn't finished but maybe now they've gone back to??
Actually I wish they would release the studio outtakes the way they were in some fancy X&Y deluxe box set in 2025.
If they just wouldn't hate that era so much...

rachpid

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Definitely a whiff of "Back to the Future" about all of this. Everyday Life teased the date 1919 and Jonny's grandads band. The teaser for Music of the Spheres teased fftf and 2024. Fftf, fit for the future which is an environmental lobby? Chris also mentioned Michael J Fox and said "go Johnny, go, go, go" during the band's live Jordan performance and the movie is a favourite of all the band. Think the 2024 is just a hypothetical date.
Also Cry, Cry, Cry is influenced by Earth Angel from the film.

LisaFeehily

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What If Music of The Spheres symbol is just like flower of life in AHFOD and doesn’t indicate to anything on the coming album.
Colloquially, a ball is also called a sphere. So I read something online about how balls and marbles are spheres, which reminded me of Chris talking in an interview about the blue marble picture, the 1st photo taken of the earth from space. The celestial themed album artwork would fit in with that space theme too, plus it could also be a reference to how EL brings together different people and different musical styles from around the world (different worlds).

Hoping, like all of you, that we'll be spoiled with yet another album soon though!

pansonic

Coldplayer
That's what I thought at first, too, but Space Symphony is written below, in the right column.