Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UK Support Acts: Eugene Francis Jnr/The High Wire/The Domino State

crazyduckette

...they're just spies
Coldplayer
I saw him at Glasto, it was a great show :nice:

It helps that I know and like about 7 or 8 of his songs, but I think most people will enjoy him regardless of knowing his stuff.... he puts on a really entertaining show, and he also samples a lot of other well known music inbetween his songs and stuff....

:)

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I want to see the dancing Roadie come out on stage with JayZ and give us a proper "live" preformance. :D
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBr9SojO9cs[/media]

Question is.....will Coldplay play their tradional opening JayZ before they come on stage? hmmmmm. :p

crazyduckette

...they're just spies
Coldplayer
YEAHHH! haha xD

Oh I looove that song..I was the only one getting down to it yesterday, guy sitting next to me looked like I was crazy.

RedGirl76

Hello.
Coldplayer
I can't wait to see Jay-Z and I think it's a brilliant idea. It's another example of Coldplay thinking outside the box and surprising us.

Who wants to see another Coldplay-lite guitar band? Yawn...

tEx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Awwful, hideous, vile. I'd watch it probably, but my thought is that it is such a mis-match that it is not recoverable. The audiences do not match in any way, Jay Z fans arent going to want to see Coldplay. Maybe its an evil scheme to increase their already gaudy attendence and sales records.

xxKels

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:thinking:^^@above 2 posts.......oh, puh-lease...

ANYTHING is better than suffering through another 40 min.(hour?) acid trip done by Mr. Hopkins:rolleyes:

Never. Again.:veryangry2:

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
^ ding ding???

:laugh3::kiss:

I'm really excited about Jay-Z, it'll be the ideal warm-up music for my old bones so I'll be as supple as a snake come the main event :p

bellynelly

you'll never walk alone
Coldplayer
I watched his Glasto set and even though I didn't enjoy it and I still don't like his music, I can imagine his set will get the crowd going big time!!! The only problem I have with it is when the guys perform Lost, guess who will ruin it?

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
From an audience of four to 25,000...

Guitarist Jim Machin (second left), from Canterbury, pictured with his band the Domino State who are supporting Coldplay

He once performed in front of four students in his school common room.

Now guitarist Jim Machin is preparing to take to the stage at the 25,000 capacity O2 Arena in London as support act for Coldplay.

Jim, a former pupil of Canterbury's Simon Langton Boys’ School, plays in the band Domino State.

He said: "If only a 10th of the crowd are in their seats when we’re on it will still be the biggest crowd we’ve played to by a long shot."

The concert on Sunday, December 14, is a sell-out with tickets being touted online for hundreds of pounds.

Domino State’s appearance means there will be a Canterbury presence in both acts on the bill, as the headliners’ bass player Guy Berryman attended Kent College.

But the local connection is not how the band landed the gig.

"We know Coldplay’s guitarist Jonny Buckland through a family link although I must have seen Guy around in Canterbury," Jim said.

"We got a text from Jonny asking us if we felt like playing the O2. And after a deliberation of about 0.2 nanoseconds we decided it might not be a bad gig."

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=52479

scusi

So I waited for you.
Coldplayer
Scusi, no doubt they will be doing more gigs around London & the UK in the New Year if that helps... Keep a eye on their My Space at http://www.myspace.com/thedominostate.

x
Thanks, trouble is I live in Cornwall so it's not so easy, it would have been brilliant to see Coldplay and DS at the same time! I already look at their Myspace and I found out the other week that they performed at the pub in Herts practically opposite my parent's house back in April!!

tEx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:thinking:^^@above 2 posts.......oh, puh-lease...

ANYTHING is better than suffering through another 40 min.(hour?) acid trip done by Mr. Hopkins:rolleyes:

Never. Again.:veryangry2:

Im just repulsed. Id rather see an acoustic set, by anyone.

tonethestone

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
support for 02 15-12?

anyone know whos supporting Coldplay for 02 gig on mon 15th Dec?

Lauve

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I guess that is Domino State (Jonny's brother's band) and Jon Hopkins, same as 14th.