Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UK Support Acts: Eugene Francis Jnr/The High Wire/The Domino State

iPsy

Here Comes The Flashover!
Coldplayer
If I win the video comepetition it will be interesting to see them! :D

iPsy

Here Comes The Flashover!
Coldplayer
you do realise how many people will be entering? ..what im trying to say is dont get your hopes up..i heard george lucas is entering :stunned: (it's possible)
hahahahha, I know, but I WANT TO SEE THEM SOOOOO BADLY, I would be the happiest guy in the world If I saw them and there is always that possibility! :D

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Newsreel: Another UK support announcement
October 21, 2008 3:39 pm
Jon Hopkins to support on all shows

Good afternoon. Further to yesterday's announcement of the opening acts for the upcoming UK/Irish dates, we're pleased to reveal that the main support for the tour will be Jon Hopkins (one of the principal collaborators on the Viva La Vida album). Jon will be playing at all the shows, from 29th November to 23rd December. Click here to check out his MySpace.

Anchorman

blondeisotope

music is love
Coldplayer
The Domino State

Hey... if anyone is interested in seeing & hearing more of The Domino State then there are quite a few videos of their gigs on youtube including:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pRwmfC20ssc"]The Domino State - Safe Now[/ame]

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQQrHNLIeI"]The Domino State - You Alone[/ame]

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=97tf3ikUaxQ"]The Domino State - Fall[/ame]

Also they have a Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Domino-State/10867839734 if anyone wants to join & support the band. :D

Thanks for your time.

x

scusi

So I waited for you.
Coldplayer
I really like them, I wish they were at O2 on 16th December

woohoo37

Strawberry Swing Forever
Coldplayer
Jay-Z supporting???? Thoughts??

I just think it's wrong - Coldplay should have a guitar based act to support. I very much doubt most fans would enjoy Jay-Z's music.

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
I'm feeling pretty open-minded about it. Jay-Z isn't my normal sort of thing, and I don't know that any know any of his stuff. I'm quite intriuged as to what he will be like. He went down very well at Glastonbury, so must be very good at what he does. I think it will be nice to hear some thing that contrasts with Coldplay as opposed to being similar.

mc_squared

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I would rather it wasn't him. Still, at least it isn't going to be Miley Cyrus................

Carlaatje

Ms Multi-quote :D
Coldplayer
didn't someone say there'd be mutliple support acts?

anyways... I'm not really into jay-z but i still think it's cool especially since they might preform lost+ who knows maybe beyonce will pop in too...

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
so I've been looking for some free Jay-Z on the net. Strangely, the official site doesn't have any Jay-Z audio on it except Lost! and a bunch of other artists. :confused:

Last FM has a few tracks.

99 Problems fits in with the part of me that likes my Fun Lovin' Criminals CD.

I don't think I'm going to have too many problems with it.

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I'm fine with it. Just because you're a guitar band, doesn't mean you can only have support from other guitar bands.

Gives people who may not have had an appreciation for another style of music to give it a go. Lets remember he completely won over the Glasto crowds.

"Doors" are 4.00pm anyway. So I'd imagine there will be another support act announced near the time too :D

asia

I love Coldplay
Coldplayer
Well I don't know much about his music, but I think it will be interesting to see something different/out of my comfort zone.

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
I don't normally listen to Jay-Z either, but I don't mind him supporting. I would like to see him perform live.

gib786

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
HOVA HOVA HOVA HOVA!

Jay-z is awesome! I saw him at manchester a few months ago and it was a damn good show. Seriously, even the people who think it isnt there type of music will enjoy seeing him next year when he supports coldplay since he puts so much effort into his performances. Hopefully he will bring Kanye with him like he did at the m.e.n