UK European Winter Tour - 9 dates announced so far (19th Sept 2011)

Calinho

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What's the maximum amount you can buy in one go with ticketmaster?

TwistedPolitik

Earthling
Coldplayer
Only three UK dates?

This is a joke if it's the final announcement for the tour. Surely these are just some kind of smaller shows before a stadium tour? Or maybe they'll just announce more arena dates? I can't believe they've decided to just play three venues in the UK, the country they were founded in, the country they first had success in and the country they're most popular in. I mean, with any other country this would be ridiculous too, but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the prospect of only three UK tour dates. There has to be something more to this.

What do people think?

QuestionsOfScience

Bannana Juice
Coldplayer
SIMMER. They'll come back to the UK on a later on date, there's no obligation for them to play about 7-10 dates in the uk, it doesn't state that in their contract or anything. Anyway, are you going to any of them?

podiumboy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There will definitely be more dates added in September, given those gaps in the UK schedule. There will definitely be 2-3 dates in London. And if this is all there is, there will probably be a UK stadium tour next summer. Living in the UK, trust me, you'll have plenty of opportunities to see them. Have fun at your shows!

TwistedPolitik

Earthling
Coldplayer
SIMMER. They'll come back to the UK on a later on date, there's no obligation for them to play about 7-10 dates in the uk, it doesn't state that in their contract or anything. Anyway, are you going to any of them?
I would be, but can't for numerous reasons. I won't blame the band fully for me and probably many others not being able to see them, but it's at least partially their fault for only playing three shows and limiting the number of people who can go.

wanted

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They will probably add an extra Manchester date and 2 London since there is a gap.

LoversInJapan

Don't Lose Your Trust..
Coldplayer
I would be, but can't for numerous reasons. I won't blame the band fully for me and probably many others not being able to see them, but it's at least partially their fault for only playing three shows and limiting the number of people who can go.
Whining about getting 3 shows, while it´s always been that way and that you are even lucky that they play in the UK (Many other countrys are left out until now)
Jeesh, how selfish can some people be..

TwistedPolitik

Earthling
Coldplayer
Whining about getting 3 shows, while it´s always been that way and that you are even lucky that they play in the UK (Many other countrys are left out until now)
Jeesh, how selfish can some people be..
It's hardly being selfish, it's more a moronic move on the band's part (if they care about catering to fans, making money or playing shows that is)