Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, Dead at 28

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Considering how much he worked with Chris and the rest of the band, I figured this is deserving of its own thread.

He has created and produced so many songs that I have grown up with throughout high school and college.
The Nights, Wake Me Up, Levels are some songs that have a special place in my heart.

He also produced ASFOS and HFTW. He was an incredibly talented producer and artist, and was one of the faces of the EDM movement.

Rest in peace, Avicii. It's heartbreaking how early in his bright life he was taken.

"One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember."
:heart:

yoyo2000

I'm hyp
Coldplayer
Very sad news. I like a lot of his songs and he was one of the best DJs on the planet. I didn't know about his health problems, but he was very young for what happened to him.

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Apparently he has had health issues in the past involving alcohol.
Most likely has something to do with alcohol/drugs/suicide. Really really sad, whatever it was, that he couldn't get the help he needed from the right people.

rpindacity

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Apparently he has had health issues in the past involving alcohol.
Most likely has something to do with alcohol/drugs/suicide. Really really sad, whatever it was, that he couldn't get the help he needed from the right people.
Wow. Really shows that you can have it all- the money, fame, popularity, success - yet be so unsatisfied with life. Very tragic to see.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Almost choked on my dinner when I first heared it on the news! Sucks dying at that young age :C

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
This is a fragment from a Dutch tv show where one of Avicii's friends is talking about the song "Heaven".
Chris Martin has collaborated on that one.

It was played live as a try-out on a concert.

Nicky Romero is talking about him doing some final changes to the song but Tim Bergling hadn't yet heard the final result. [emoji17]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/RTLLateNight/status/987440725766934528?s=19

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
I wish that song came to furtion. As a Studio release. Would've been a big hit. "Heaven" I was waiting for it.

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Incredibly sad. Such a young age too. I would love for Heaven to get an official release, and I think now it would have so much more meaning to it. RIP Tim.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
I'm glad ASFOS is getting more views again.....but not happy that it's from Avicii's death. Would've been better if he didn't die and it was getting more views without a death involved.

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Rest in Peace Avicii. I loved the days of waiting for True Believer and Heaven to come out, so much nostalgia from his music.

With that said, Heaven will be the most appropriate goodbye single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Wonder why Coldplay haven't said anything.
Was wondering this as well. Although I see them, especially Chris, reaching out to the family personally without putting anything on social media. It's still weird Chris at least didn't say something on Twitter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nvdmm

Oldplayer. Too Oldplay
Coldplayer
May he walk with our Lord Savior Jesus Christ™®

The Adversary

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Didn’t like his music but seemed like a really nice guy.. died way too young.

And surely Levels is one of the most iconic songs of the decade.

LambreXMusic

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I really think Chris was very close to Avicii, being a slightly more old fashioned man I would imagine he would want to keep his feelings private. He must be devastated.

Personally think Nicky Romero should help Coldplay release Heaven as a tribute to Avicii. Would almost certainly be a certain Number 1 record worldwide, and raise some great money for a charity of their choice as well as be a fitting tribute. I'm a big EDM fan, have been for years. Nicky Romero is one of the best in the business, he would get it done right!

RedBalloon

Livin' life in Technicolor
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Namo Amitabha~ be gentle and truly frank with your inner self, be caring about the real and true state of souls around you, be determined to begin to think and do the most important things based on your inner calling(listening to your "conscience" when making decisions) other than being led by desires/extra influences as if this is the last phase of your incarnation. When you are on the right path leading to your divine destiny, the "so deep/peaceful satisfaction" as well as the external physical manifestation/signs will ensure your existence on earth not only as a human being, but also an universal being in human form. May you cherish and value your livings and others' , always~