The Offical "The Killers" Thread

nobodyseditwaseasy08

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Humble opinion.
Wow, battle born is frighteningly awful. What the hell happened?
Agreed. I was a big killers fan through the first two albums and some of sawdust, i could handle day and age a bit, this is pretty bad (minus a couple tunes). "I dont want your picture on my cell phone, i want you here with me." how could he write that lyric down and say oh that's good. I think there time has come and gone pretty much.

ColdplayKen

Your favorite member
Coldplayer
am I the only one who is loving the album?

the only dud is Heart of a Gir, which Brandon seems to love.

and what's wrong with U2? last time I checked they were doing pretty well.

Flesh and Bone, Battle Born, Miss Atomic Bomb, and Be Still are my favs

harrisonrules

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My track by track review

Flesh and Bone: Will go down as an instant classic and one of their best openers ever

Runaways: Good as a single but cant ever really get into it completely

The Way It Was: Kind of strange I loved this first listen but the more I listen the more I hate it.

Here With Me: I like the flow of this song but lyrically it's awful

A Matter Of Time: Only listened to this a few times! Easily the 2nd worst song on the album.

Deadlines and Commitments: The exact opposite of TWIW. Hated it at first but now I love it.

Miss Atomic Bomb: Loved it the first time I heard it live and love the studio version. Guaranteed this will be a single!

The Rising Tide: I like this song but grew tired of it cause heard live versions of it a year before.

Heart of a Girl: Worst song off the album. Listened once and never again!

Here On Out: Reminds me of The Clock Was Tickin' (Brandon Flowers) I prefer the live version

Be Still: This version of Coldplay's Up With The Birds. Album's best song that will most likely never get played live or become a single.

Battle Born: I really like this track and is good as the traditional closer but would have prefered Be Still closing.

Carry Me Home: Kind of disappointed with this song! I admit I jam to it at times though.

Flesh and Bone Remix: Hated all remixes on Sawdust but was suprised to find out this one was as good as original

Prize Fighter: Wish this wasnt a bonus track cause it's unbelievable! Should have replaced HoaG! Still cant believe that song made album.

My top 5 tracks
1. Be Still
2. Flesh and Bone
3. Prize Fighter
4. Deadlines and Commitments
5. Miss Atomic Bomb

7.5/10
Better than Muse's The 2nd Law (6.5/10) of most anticipated albums of 2012

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
I love love love this album, they didn't disappoint me at all (coughlikecoldplaydidcough), it's a breathe of fresh air after Day & Age for me, was not really fond of that one, never got into most of the tracks.

And I adore Heart Of A Girl, it's beautiful, it's about Brandon and his wife's first meeting, and Brandon's way of singing reminds me so much of Bono's (so I guess if you can't stand Bono you're not gonna like this one, your loss :p)

No but seriously, I'm so happy of this album, Brandon's voice has never been so powerful and full, can't wait to hear the new songs live in London in November :dance:

edit: this is Miss Atomic Bomb from Jimmy Kimmel (guess it's a kind of confirmation this will be the second single, if we didn't already knew from the sticker on the album)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_k6P3uXnk0"]The Killers Perform "Miss Atomic Bomb" - YouTube[/ame]

Denise

Coldplayer
Bump

they just started the tour two days ago in Glasgow and they have a longer setlist than the summer shows :D

anyone planning on seeing them live?

HeavenIsInSight

Confusion never stops
Coldplayer
Bump

they just started the tour two days ago in Glasgow and they have a longer setlist than the summer shows :D

anyone planning on seeing them live?
I'm going to try to get tickets this thursday for their concert in Amsterdam next year. Not a huge fan, but a fan!

iccp

lovin' each day
Coldplayer
"somebody told me that you had a boyfriend, that looked like your girlfriend" << ewww!!!!

i like the song though

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
I'm going to try to get tickets this thursday for their concert in Amsterdam next year. Not a huge fan, but a fan!
Yeah me too, I ordered tickets for Brussels, (It's closer from where I live than Amsterdam) Not a huge fan either, but I can sing along most of their songs and I HAVE to see them live once:D

Be still is a beautiful song, maybe my favorite already. For me it's like the up In Flames of Battleborn.
@harrisonrules They played Be Still live:D

HeavenIsInSight

Confusion never stops
Coldplayer
Yeah me too, I ordered tickets for Brussels, (It's closer from where I live than Amsterdam) Not a huge fan either, but I can sing along most of their songs and I HAVE to see them live once:D

Be still is a beautiful song, maybe my favorite already. For me it's like the up In Flames of Battleborn.
@harrisonrules They played Be Still live:D
That's seems logical. Well I'm very happy with my Amsterdam tickets, finally get to hear and see Mr. Brightside live!

Tomorrow it's time to buy some Mumford & Sons tickets too. It's going to be a great March!

Arantza

Live in living color
Coldplayer
I got my tickets today to see them on april!
I missed them the last two times they came (but I did see Brandon solo)... Third time's the charm! Can't wait! :dance:

w1ll1am7

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'll chime in and say Heart of a Girl is not a bad song. there are definitely more listenable songs than others, but the synth line has this Lanois element to it that makes it awesome

Denise

Coldplayer
Eh going to London tomorrow evening hoping they don't postpone the London gigs too beside Manchester's..keeping my fingers crossed Brandon fully recovers in time :sad:

Nattatouille

Coldplay Choir
Coldplayer
Eh going to London tomorrow evening hoping they don't postpone the London gigs too beside Manchester's..keeping my fingers crossed Brandon fully recovers in time :sad:
Same, I'm Friday's gig and totally worried.

Although the thing is Brandon didn't lose his voice, just said it was sore. Easier to recover from. And also hasn't been diagnosed with anything threatening to the vocal chords. He should end up with ~60 hours rest so that should, all being well, be enough.

Denise

Coldplayer
Yeah, so far I'm taking the no news as good news, really hope I won't get off the flight to find the message I'm dreading to read :uhoh:

Also, yesterday they were in Blackpool filming a video with Tim Burton and Winona Ryder, they should've been there today according to some tweets, but seeing Manchester was cancelled they probably took the chance to go there early.

Jack Bauer

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah, so far I'm taking the no news as good news, really hope I won't get off the flight to find the message I'm dreading to read :uhoh:

Also, yesterday they were in Blackpool filming a video with Tim Burton and Winona Ryder, they should've been there today according to some tweets, but seeing Manchester was cancelled they probably took the chance to go there early.
^Miss Atomic Bomb prob