Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

strawberry swing Chris guitar chords and jonny guitar tabs

xxsergio280304xx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
well i was tabing strawberry swing live version i don't know if this is correct please help me
ok here are the chords, chris plays it with a capo on the 1st freet (standart tuning)
relative to capo
verse:
e a d g b e
x-x-x-9-8-8
x-x-x-7-8-7
x-x-x-7-7-5

when its such..
7-9-9-7-0-0
8-10-10-9-0-0

bridge:
5-7-7-5-5-0
0-2-2-0-0-0
3-3-2-0-1-0

ending:
now the sky..
x-10-12-12-11-0
x-9-12-12-11-0
x-8-12-12-11-0
8-12-12-11-0-0

in live chris plays this at the last part of the song (relative to capo)
e-10/12-----15--15--15-12--------------------l--------------------------------------------
b---------------------------------15--12----------l--10/12-15--15--15--12--------------
g-------------------------------------------14--x2l------------------------------14--12---------x2
d---------------------------------------------------l----------------------------------------14
a---------------------------------------------------l----------------------------------------------
e-----------------------------------------------l------------------------------------------------
i think that are the same chords than chris play in live
all is done by myself watching a video
this is the video (it helps my a lot)
note: iam peruvian and my english no is very good
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOD3sgTC53o"]YouTube- COLDPLAY - STRAWBERRY SWING - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

Jonny's tabs:

Riff 1:Intro, verse, last part(outro)

and jonny this:
e------------16--16--16/13---------------------------l------------------------------------------------------------------
b-16/18---------------------------16--13-------------l---------------16---16--16/13--------------------------------
g-------------------------------------------------15-x2-l----15/17--------------------------15--13--------------------
d---------------------------------------------------------l--------------------------------------------------15-------------x2
a---------------------------------------------------------l------------------------------------------------------------------
e---------------------------------------------------------l-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bridge:
e-------6--------l-------1---------l-----------------6---------------l----------9-----
b-------6--------l-------1---------l-----------------6---------------l----------9-----
g-------6--------l-------1---------l-----------------6---------------l----------10---
d-------8--------l-------2---------l-----------------8---------------l----------11-----
a-------8--------l-------2---------l-----------------8---------------l----------11-----
e-------6--------l-------1---------l-----------------6---------------l----------9------

Riff 2: ending

e------15-----11-------11--------11---------11--------11---------11------------------------------------------
b--------------------13-------13--------13---------13--------13----------13--13b-----------------------------
g-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b:bend
/:slide

Last edited:

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
The Bridge sounds right, but the verse sounds off. But I might be playing it wrong!! But you are on the right track. Its hard to see his hands. He is always jumping and moving around!!! :laugh3:

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Yeah, I know. I am not forgetting it. Does it sound right to you TyM218? I might be looking at it wrong.

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Ok great. I have been trying to work it out myself and I have failed!! :cry:

TyM218

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOzZL0tflM"]YouTube- [HQ] Coldplay - Strawberry Swing (Live Roskilde Festival 2009)[/ame]

I'm gonna try to analyze this video for a tab, be up soon!
BTW the bridge thats posted above is Jonnys part, Chris plays something else.

TyM218

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Not yet. I'm starting to think it's a different tuning

Kyle, maybe since your good at making piano tutorials, you can do Chris's piano part for the stripped version of strawberry swing and I'll make a tab for guitar based on your tutorial.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uerw95n8tGk"]YouTube- iheartradio: Coldplay "Strawberry Swing" Stripped (Live)[/ame]

xxsergio280304xx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i think is correct becuase
x-x-x-9-8-8
x-x-x-7-8-7
x-x-x-7-7-5
is like do this:

but only playing the g b and e strings

xxsergio280304xx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
well i dont play piano but in internet says that the chords from the verse are C# G# D# and its the same to play C, G and D on the guitar but with capo on 1st fret but chris play the C in the 8th fret position, the G in 7fret position and D in the 5fret position and playing only the g b and e strings (3 last strings)
so i think its correct

strawberryswinger

Writing
Coldplayer
bad bad, chris rarely plays on standard, and he always plays chords with thumb: he isn't muting, he's fretting! for example, he'd play a G chord like this: 3 5 5 4 3 0

xxsergio280304xx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes i know but watch this video here yo can see that Chris only plays the G,B and E strings
And i'm sure that is standard because when Chris plays the riff at the last part of the song
he plays this
e-11/13-----16--16--16-13------------------------------------------------------------
b---------------------------------16--13--------11/13-16--16--16--13--------------
g-------------------------------------------15-------------------------------15--13-------
d---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15

and jonny this:
e------------16--16--16/13---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-16/18---------------------------16--13--------------------16---16--16/13----------------------------------
g-------------------------------------------------15---15/17---------------------------15--13---------
d--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15----

Is just the same because e-11/13 is the same to play b-16/18 and b-11/13 is the same to play g-15/17

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTb8FVo9q1w&feature=related"]YouTube- Coldplay - Strawberry Swing (FULL) Live @ Brixton Academy[/ame]

strawberryswinger

Writing
Coldplayer
lol at the video, you can hear the acoustic guitar for the first minute and he isn't playing. very well coldplay, very well.......

so chris is just adding some bits here, but the real acoustic track (the backing track here) is played as i noted before: full chords using the thumb (as he starts doing at around 2.10 in the video)

xxsergio280304xx

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
well the title is "strawberry swing chris chords" and in the concert and the album version i dont listen any acoustic guitar for the first minute, i only listen the acoustic guitar when chris start playing

strawberryswinger

Writing
Coldplayer
you don't hear it? seriously?? there's definitely an acoustic guitar track there. i can't remember how i played it, but i'm pretty positive about that thumb thing i've told you about.