Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Song Request Discussion for North American Tour

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
There are still a few songs that they have played during soundcheck but are not performed yet.

"One I love" could be a candidate for the next shows.
:wideeyed:
Ughhhhhh, don't get my hopes up too much :smiley:

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
It would make my year if Coldplay responded to my request! I was thinking about my sister and I posting a creative video for our request to make it stand out for the Salt Lake City show... but I just don't know what to ask for.

In my fantasy world, they would play my fave live tracks: A Whisper, HLH, 42, Yes, Til Kingdom Come, AROBTTH, LiJ--but I don't know how realistic those are, especially on a B or C stage... Plus, they probably won't be playing anything too deep cut on this tour, which is dumb.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Our favorite albums are definitely VLV and AROBTTH (anything oldplay) but the old rock/indie stuff they have been neglecting the most on this tour! Not sure what we should request, especially when it seems like they just go for the obvious ones (I really don't need to see In My Place, sorry).

Mexima

Don Quixote
Coldplayer
It would make my year if Coldplay responded to my request! I was thinking about my sister and I posting a creative video for our request to make it stand out for the Salt Lake City show... but I just don't know what to ask for.

In my fantasy world, they would play my fave live tracks: A Whisper, HLH, 42, Yes, Til Kingdom Come, AROBTTH, LiJ--but I don't know how realistic those are, especially on a B or C stage... Plus, they probably won't be playing anything too deep cut on this tour, which is dumb.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Our favorite albums are definitely VLV and AROBTTH (anything oldplay) but the old rock/indie stuff they have been neglecting the most on this tour! Not sure what we should request, especially when it seems like they just go for the obvious ones (I really don't need to see In My Place, sorry).
i think you might as well wait to see what's played on the C stage in the show(s) before yours. and choose from it
TKC is likely to be played too, all from AROBTTH is likely

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
In my fantasy world, they would play my fave live tracks: A Whisper, HLH, 42, Yes, Til Kingdom Come, AROBTTH, LiJ--but I don't know how realistic those are, especially on a B or C stage...
Yeah, good luck getting them to play A Whisper. They only performed that twice ever... On the other hand, they already played ARoBttH as a request in Mexico! And they played LiJ in Germany (not as a request) when the piano was broken!
As for HLH, 42, or Yes, I don't really see those happening. TKC I think is more likely though.

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer

They have played Til Kingdom Come a few times on the AHFOD tour so I could see them accepting a request for it. :) Hurts Like Heaven would actually work on the C-stage as well:

LazyDancerKar

A Potato
Coldplayer
I love that they're doing song requests this time around. It's such a fun way to reach out to fans but also get some old favorites out for everybody.

I know they've already taken this request at other shows but I'm REALLY hoping for See You Soon at one of the shows I'm going to. The song is super special and meaningful for me and my friends who I met from Coldplaying ~all those years ago~ who are all gonna be reuniting at the Philly show together and I'd basically be a mess of tears and emotions.

LazyDancerKar

A Potato
Coldplayer

Also, Lovers in Japan's acoustic version is so darn beautiful so that would definitely be a treat! :awesome:

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just play One I Love all ready and put me out of the Sound Check Misery

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Oh, someone actually requested I Ran Away :D

Norys

True love
Coldplayer
Wow the girl asking for Ode to deodorant is my hero hahahahaha!
Is a nice request and she is so sweet, the bad thing is, that is not going to happen.
Btw, @guy42 thanks for posting those videos, all are great! Hopefully one of them got the attention of whoever chooses the request song every concert night.

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Oh, someone actually requested I Ran Away :D
I know right?! :)
Wow the girl asking for Ode to deodorant is my hero hahahahaha!
Is a nice request and she is so sweet, the bad thing is, that is not going to happen.
Btw, @guy42 thanks for posting those videos, all are great! Hopefully one of them got the attention of whoever chooses the request song every concert night.
Yeah... I just realized that most of those requests are not under 15 seconds (I timed them!), so I don't know if they have a chance of getting picked. We'll see what happens tonight.