Sigur Rós

carrie3078

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
maybe try agaetis byrjun first...it's amazing.

I don't know about von, cause I don't have it. :( :)

';'

Ginger
Coldplayer
ooh more great ones to go check out....i dl a lot from them i just dont know which ones to listen to first.

adrenn11

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey, sigur ros are fantastic.
They have also released a soundtrack album for the film' angel of my heart'
The language jonssi (singer) sings in is the noise he makes when he first thinks up a melody. As he believes this is the purest form of his music this is the way it stays for the album.
You may notice the frequency of the 'words' (sic) eel sa da lo, on the album. The above explains why this is the case.
Von is very hard to find, ie only on import cos they weren't signed to a major label then and still can't get the distribution.
Bye, andrew

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I got () and listened to it quite a lot recently... I lay in bed last night and it was mega relaxing :)

dyermaker89

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
sigur ros is :shock: and :-D and :cry: and :eek: live...it was seriously one of the most amazing live music expierences ever! (they're up there with coldplay if not tied to their performance) the raw emotion and intensity it's just almost too much to handle...so beautiful!!

( ) is a great album to play soft and drift off to sleep listening too.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I agree... I didn't even know they had three albums out - I've only got () Agaetis Byrjun, so I'll have to see if they have the first... what does it look like? :oops:

theshat

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
dyermaker73 said:
sigur ros is :shock: and :-D and :cry: and :eek: live...it was seriously one of the most amazing live music expierences ever! (they're up there with coldplay if not tied to their performance) the raw emotion and intensity it's just almost too much to handle...so beautiful!!

dont wish to sound rude but they are far beyond the reaches of coldplay

dyermaker89

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
theshat said:
dyermaker73 said:

hahah yeah i didn't want to say it being that this is a coldplay board *ahem*

but as far as other cd's they have.... there's von and von brigði (recycle bin) their former record label owns the rights to those i'm pretty sure so you have to order it through them ... http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk has more info

God

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
they sound amazing! does anyone know any sites where i can listen to their music?

Sigur Rós

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They are an amazing band...i have the last two albums...don't have Von or it's remix cos they are only available in Iceland or from the Icelandic record company. The live material is even better, good stuff to get into.

Sigur Rós

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
for sites which have media

www.potemkin.cc/sigur - live in vienna 02
www.sigur-ros.com - just general stuff off ()
www.sigur-ros.co.uk - lots of different stuff culled form live shows etc...
213.220.78.118. - the ftp site

they are far more emotional/powerful than Coldplay...but Coldplay are still a good band. Sigur Rós live are unstoppable and unfathomable...I love them. I saw them in dublin and was just awed...everything is so much better with the visual fulfilment...

now...night-night

God

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hello and welcome sigur ros! thankyou for those sites!! :D i've listened to some of their stuff and indeed they are very good, like nothing iv'e ever heard before. i'm gonna keep my eyes open for their cd's

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I agree, I do love track 3 with the piano going on for ages :)

God

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yes thats my fave too! i love track 1 and 2 alot too though.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I might start listening to the other album a bit more today :)

';'

Ginger
Coldplayer
busybeeburns said:
I agree, I do love track 3 with the piano going on for ages :)
it seems like most of their songs go on for ages :p
i'm starting to like this band a lot more now :D

Guy'sChick

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
theshat said:
dyermaker73 said:

*COUGH COUGH* :eek:

Blue eyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Only heard the first one and it's simply magic !!!! So beautiful and thought i couldn't hear something from this quality !