Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Anyone heard the new Sigur Ros album or am I being premature?

Are they any good... what are the first two records like cos I aint heard them :cry:

Catherine

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i know absolutely nothing of their stuff and everybody keeps going on about them and i feel like a fool :oops: :roll: enlighten me please! :D

carrie3078

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I recently got into Sigur Ros. They are beautiful.

I am going to see them live on the 12th and the new album should be in my mailbox in 2 or 3 days!

They are definately worth checking out. Very pretty, moving music.

Katharina

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I listened to their new album at work today (record store... Coldplay was on, too :wink: ) and I must say it's really special and very relaxing! It's definitely worth listening.

Katharina

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
One is called "Agaetis Byrjun" and the other one "Svefn-G-Englar" if I'm right. Strange titles anyway... :shock:

Tracy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Call me stupid....but is this band European???? and if so do they sing in a language other than english????!!!

Katharina

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes, they are European and yes, they aren't singing in English! Don't ask me which language this is. Maybe they are from Iceland or some Skandinavian country... :?

Tracy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have heard a lot of people saying that they like them on the official site. I will have to have a look out and see what I think? 8)

Thanks for the info, Katharina:D

carrie3078

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Katharina said:
Yes, they are European and yes, they aren't singing in English! Don't ask me which language this is. Maybe they are from Iceland or some Skandinavian country... :?
yes, they are Icelandic. But I've heard the singer sings in Icelandic and Hopelandic. I guess that's just a language he made up. Whatever language, it's lovely!
:)

Alfie

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They are very lovely. There's something magic in the Scandinavian music.

Hicksy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
they are (^%&_£^^£& because &^%%( = %^*£" and %^£ great to %$£ today

id hate to never have owned a hamster :(

';'

Ginger
Coldplayer
aww i had a hamster and one of those other things i cant think of the name right now but yeah i had one....my neighbor had a ferret i always wanted one of those.....

carrie3078

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
so has anyone gotten this album? I love it! beautiful stuff, I tell you. :D

one thing though, I am trying to figure out if the singer is singing similar words on nearly every song. they sound alike.

Hicksy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sigur Ros are fantastic, anyone who doesnt know them go get educated! :D

';'

Ginger
Coldplayer
i first heard about them on mtv.....i never took the chance to listen to them so i dl some of there stuff to listen to later.
i saw that video vidrar vel til loftrarasa i think that's what it is or maybe just vidrar vel

Professor Peedston

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
they are icelandic.

their first two albums are Agaetis Byrjun (with some weird characters i don't know how to do) and Von.

dave's girl

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
can't pick a favourite that i should listen to first then? :? i don't know anything by them :roll: