Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

1. NOTICE: Coldplay Downloads are now back up! Sorry for the downtime
    Dismiss Notice

Saw them on Saturday- Had not realised how brilliant they are

Discussion in '2009: Australian/NZ & Middle East Tour' started by manofkent, Mar 17, 2009.

Share This Page

1. manofkent

By:manofkentMar 17, 2009
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

I saw Coldpaly on Saturday at Sydney's Acer Arena. I have all of their albums but have never been a huge fan, yes I thought they were good. Well I was blown away, totally. What a brilliant concert. I have seen lots of groups including oasis and U2 both three times. Coldplay trumped them easily and this was the best concert I have seen.

I had not really appreciated their music before. I actually listened to the lyrics and when they did Fix You, The Scientist and The Hardest Part I just struck a chord.

I love all their albums and have been listening to them exclusively all this week.

One question though is that I would say X&Y is my favourite but it's onside4ed their worst. It's great when you are running. I love all those big stadium sounding songs. Why do people hate this one so much??

2. MartinFan

By:MartinFanMar 17, 2009
    One I Love
    Coldplayer

I love X&Y, I am glad the concert opened up your eyes to the brilliant things they bring to the stage. It' so cool to hear people come away from a Coldplay Experience with a sense of appreciation for what they bring to us.
    This was the best selling album worldwide in 2005, alot of critics thought it fell way short of AROBTTH album Tidbit: 60 songs were written and 52 of them were ditched. I tell ya, every song to me was great, I really didn't like the hidden track Til Kingdom Come tho.

3. Big Fat Noises

By:Big Fat NoisesMar 17, 2009
    Big Fat Noises
    Coldplayer

I think some people didn't like X&Y because they thought they were just trying to write songs that would sell

or that might have been how the band actually felt themselves? i forget haha, but i adore X&Y, cant see why its seen as their worst!

4. Malcolm-Edge

By:Malcolm-EdgeMar 18, 2009
    Green Light, 7/11
    Coldplayer

Viva La Vida was written to sell. Im glad you realized how good they are live.

I have the fortune of seeing them 3 times this year.

5. KellieP

By:KelliePMar 18, 2009
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

I agree I adore x&y

6. majgirl

By:majgirlMar 18, 2009
    maj_girl
    Coldplayer

I love X&Y far more than Viva, so your not alone. Glad you enjoyed the show.

7. manofkent

By:manofkentMar 19, 2009
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Since Saturdays concert I have turned into an avid Coldplay fan. I have been listening exclusively to their albums in my car to and from work and still love X&Y the most.

I think it is a stunning album perhaps a first amongst equals.

I think their next album will quite probably be the biggest selling album and downloaded in history.

8. librahi

By:librahiMar 19, 2009
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

X&Y is a brilliant album. Any album with Fix You and Swallowed In The Sea is brilliant. I can listed to those songs 5 times a day (and I do) and cry every time. I'm a 30 year old straight guy, music lover, and yes damnit, I cry every time. They are just unreal songs. White Shadows ranks up there close to me as well.