Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Random Coldplay thoughts...

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The popularity of each era has to do with it, generally with the fandom peaking around LP2-4 era. BUT also, that time in history didn't have social media as our main means of sharing opinions. I dont know of a lot of forums/messageboards that are quite as active anymore. It was a different time! Now it seems like people want their news fast and they also want a nice short 200 character blurb. I find people arent as inclined to read a big wall of text in an internet forum anymore. It might be why this forum had a few near-death experiences as well. Forums just arent a popular vehicle to express yourself anymore. If done correctly, I still prefer it to twitter chains and reddit threads; perhaps im just used to it having been here 10+ years now!

I guess what im saying is, this forum isn't as fun as before, and its a bit sad. But the fun still exists out there, but its mostly on twitter now I suspect. For me the peak 'fun' I had on the forum was leak hunting. I found the forum thread style easier to follow, but I would imagine twitter being a faster and easier way to share a leak.

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I miss this forum a lot.
And by that I mean the earlier days around 2015-2016 when it was at its most active during the time period I've witnessed. I know I didn't frequent it nearly as often as I used to in the past year or so, but I regret it. Remember when this place was full of life and a million games were running at the same time, and people were speculating about the upcoming LP7 or later talking about the tour ? I miss this SO MUCH.
Well, we have now the chance to bring back all of that thanks to the upcoming LP8! :O

Gideon_Mx

It's A Beautiful World
Coldplayer
The popularity of each era has to do with it, generally with the fandom peaking around LP2-4 era. BUT also, that time in history didn't have social media as our main means of sharing opinions. I dont know of a lot of forums/messageboards that are quite as active anymore. It was a different time! Now it seems like people want their news fast and they also want a nice short 200 character blurb. I find people arent as inclined to read a big wall of text in an internet forum anymore. It might be why this forum had a few near-death experiences as well. Forums just arent a popular vehicle to express yourself anymore. If done correctly, I still prefer it to twitter chains and reddit threads; perhaps im just used to it having been here 10+ years now!

I guess what im saying is, this forum isn't as fun as before, and its a bit sad. But the fun still exists out there, but its mostly on twitter now I suspect. For me the peak 'fun' I had on the forum was leak hunting. I found the forum thread style easier to follow, but I would imagine twitter being a faster and easier way to share a leak.
That's a very good point of yours. It isn't the same as other days.
I'm glad there even is quite a nice amount of people checking the forum these days while new things still have to happen.

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That's a very good point of yours. It isn't the same as other days.
I'm glad there even is quite a nice amount of people checking the forum these days while new things still have to happen.
Thanks! Yeah, so I don't really expect the forums to reach that level of traffic because of the popularity of twitter. Unless the forums can provide something twitter cannot. I mean, it's not a bad thing, just different. The smaller community has more familiar names, makes it feel more homely, hopefully keeps us more civil.

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Thanks! Yeah, so I don't really expect the forums to reach that level of traffic because of the popularity of twitter. Unless the forums can provide something twitter cannot. I mean, it's not a bad thing, just different. The smaller community has more familiar names, makes it feel more homely, hopefully keeps us more civil.
Exactly. I recognize a lot of people on here and that definitely helps! You bring up great points that social media was drastically different back in the day. Forums and message boards were much more prevalent. There are obviously a ton still around but most people just rely on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

I'm glad we have our own little spot though. It seems like this the place where most of the interesting things happen such as leaks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

It's A Beautiful World
Coldplayer
Beautiful... Honestly, I'd love an orchestra-filled album from the band, merging this style with alt. rock/pop. That'd be awesome. I know VLV has a lot of orchestra in it, but I mean MORE!!!
Exactly!

I would really like to see them performing with an orchestra live. I mean, remember that performance of Politik at the Grammys all the way back in 2003? As far as I know, this was the one and only time Coldplay were finally performing with a big orchestra. It's such a shame they haven't done something like this ever since. Coldplay's music would be ideal for an orchestra to play along with. For example: Amazing Day, True Love, Paradise or Always In My Head would be just perfect for that. Until the day has come, I will always be hoping that they will perform with an orchestra on a festival/TV show one day. It would please my feelings. Imagine how that would sound like.

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/o_HZzDJXD4Q

Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Would've loved to be part of something like that... I have some skills myself that I could've used to help in this project...
Wow, what are those skills ? Asking because for sure there will come a time when the campaign will be revived :)

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
Wow, what are those skills ? Asking because for sure there will come a time when the campaign will be revived :)
Playing electric/acoustic guitar and bass, editing and mixing skills, and I can sing, I can even reach the same notes as Chris does xD

ColdplayingMama

*Look at the stars, look how they shine for you*
Coldplayer

Rafa ronaldo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Guys, I failed several exams in the college. I learned that yesterday. I feel so disappointed and depressed. But I have to study for other exams. Soooooo please recommend me songs that can fix and motivate me. :(( my playlists remind me old sad days..

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Buddy, you can listen to any song from Amsterdam to Yellow, but what you really gotta do is buckle down and study.

If you're really looking for a recommendation, I know for me, I have to listen to their instrumentals. If I listen to their studio tracks, I tend to sing along and not pay attention to the things im reading!

But to repeat what I said, you gotta study properly. Dont get distracted, that means this forum as well! Maybe you need a study partner? I know it helps me when I try to teach the stuff I do know to someone. Helps to kinda prove how well I know a topic when I can teach it to someone.

Good luck, just focus!