Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Random Coldplay thoughts...

M Marks The Spot

I could be a lost cause as well
Coldplayer
I was exploring new Instagram Stories on my account when this popped up. Well, who knows if I've just happened to find another Coldplayer? :D

Also came across the beautiful cover below:

Does anyone of you listen to Lauv?

Ms. Word

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was exploring new Instagram Stories on my account when this popped up. Well, who knows if I've just happened to find another Coldplayer? :D

Also came across the beautiful cover below:

Does anyone of you listen to Lauv?
Ci2ra

figure it out...

literati

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
So, just watching some clips of Chris at Global Citizen. I admittedly don't listen to a lot of other artists, but I don't really know anyone that famous who is that wholesome all the frickin time, lol
Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1046183568920268800?s=21

PS, not diggin' the haircut, but whatever :p
He's so kind and caring lol. I always say this when people say they don't like Chris Martin. Like I understand not liking Coldplay's music, but how can you not like Chris?!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Very circa-AROBTTH era though!
True, but it worked better at the time when he was skinnier. Now he's bulkier and it doesn't look as good paired with the haircut.

But really, I just spent time critiquing another man's haircut. I can let it go if he releases the live album, or gives us a release date of the next album or something!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I don't get why everyone says AROBTTH Era, it reminds me much more of the short haircut in the GS Era (perhaps indeed because he overall no longer looks like in the AROBTTH Era)...

As for the Global Citizen incident, I gathered from first-hand accounts on Twitter that loads of people got trampled on and many were injured, people separated and belongings lost. Apparently several police officers down on the field told the crowd to leave because there was a shooter, thus propagating the panic. Global Citizen is heavily being criticized for just letting the show go on regardless, and worst of all for those who were told to run out, none of them was allowed back in !!
Honestly, what a disastrous organization from both police/security and GC.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't get why everyone says AROBTTH Era, it reminds me much more of the short haircut in the GS Era (perhaps indeed because he overall no longer looks like in the AROBTTH Era)...

As for the Global Citizen incident, I gathered from first-hand accounts on Twitter that loads of people got trampled on and many were injured, people separated and belongings lost. Apparently several police officers down on the field told the crowd to leave because there was a shooter, thus propagating the panic. Global Citizen is heavily being criticized for just letting the show go on regardless, and worst of all for those who were told to run out, none of them was allowed back in !!
Honestly, what a disastrous organization from both police/security and GC.
I thought everyone was allowed back in after things had calmed down a bit?
What I find weird is that on all the photos I've seen, the only type of barrier is this one

I really thought every big event ever used these guys by now

No wonder a fence fell if it was one of that first type, just leaning against them already makes them fall. Awful crowd control.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I thought everyone was allowed back in after things had calmed down a bit?
I mean, I wasn't there, but the comments on Global Citizen's tweets and the general hashtag #GlobalCitizen were full with complaints from people who weren't let back in

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Statement: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/global-citizen-festival-2018-message/

While NYPD originally advised that a fallen security barrier caused the noise, NYPD informed us today that it was the sound of an attendee(s) stepping on and popping a drink bottle(s). Once NYPD and FDNY determined that the situation was safe, and security infrastructure was established for re-entry, attendees were permitted to re-enter the event through select entrances, and the Festival resumed.

Unfortunately, while every effort was made to quickly re-open the gates, we regret some attendees were unable to re-enter the Park, and for that we apologize.
okay not a barrier after all then :|

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Whatever the source of the noise was, the official account of what happened has been called into question by many attendees (again, see Twitter replies to Global Citizen's tweet of the statement). And to be honest I trust those people's accounts (including the videos of the panic) more than the official version. Statements like that are always designed to refute any responsibility and ensuing legal trouble. I was in the Coldplay Munich security/bag chaos and there was a huge discrepancy between the official statement of the show promoter and what I experiencend and saw myself, I can only imagine it's similar here.

Also...gun control, damnit !

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Recently got reminded of the Scientist screensaver download from that old 2002 Coldplay.com e-zine, and the fact that, amazingly, after 16 years those links still work. In case you missed it:

PC Version with Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverAudio.exe

PC Version without Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverNoAudio.exe

Mac Version with Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverAudioMAC.sit

Mac Version without Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverNoAudioMAC.sit

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Taking care of my dog at my parent's house while they are away on vacation in Portugal.

Therefore, time to queue up Toronto 2006 on the 60 inch tv with surround sound on full blast!