Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Random Coldplay thoughts...

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Exactly four weeks ago, for the first time ever, I sent a letter to the Bakery. Today I got this in the post [emoji813]_eyes:[emoji813]_eyes:[emoji813]_eyes:[emoji813]_eyes:

View attachment 7950
That's awesome!! I would love to send them something. Do you have the address?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Thank you so much for sharing the address; very kind of you! I am happy for you that you got such a nice surprise in the mail today!
No problem ! I also got it from another Coldplayer, and it's first been 'published' on this forum I think.

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Hey guys, haven't been on the forums in a good while. Its nice to see this thread still being active. Hope some of you haven't forgotten about me lol.

So user @arushofjacktothehead recently restarted an old series of his a while back called "Mixtape Exchange". To sum it up in one sentence, it consists of essentially curating a mix of some songs that you like (from any artist) and exchanging it with another participating Coldplayer. If any of you guys are interested, do check out this thread:
https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/mixtape-exchange-20-reviews-tracklists.114522/
Honestly, it'd be great if we could get this going because it sounds really fun and interesting!!

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Just truly had a random Coldplay thought.

The general public doesn't seem to know or care anything about the non-Chris members of Coldplay but then one of their most iconic song moments ever, the ohwoahohs during Viva la Vida, is like 90% Will?
(Correct me if I'm wrong about this-it seems to be the case live at least)

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Just truly had a random Coldplay thought.

The general public doesn't seem to know or care anything about the non-Chris members of Coldplay but then one of their most iconic song moments ever, the ohwoahohs during Viva la Vida, is like 90% Will?
(Correct me if I'm wrong about this-it seems to be the case live at least)
Well it's like that stand up routine where he talks about how the luckiest person in the world is "the drummer from Coldplay" bc he is insanely rich yet gets to live a private life, all whilst sitting down!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Unfortunately I don't know how to record it...
By the way, if you're from outside the UK and get an error message and don't wanna go via a different IP, just plug in a UK postcode, then deny the registration and click on 'Just let me listen now' and it will work.
Alternative international links you can see here:
Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/XylotoJ/status/1041774611011129344

Also, there is a Listening Party on Twitter going on under the hashtag #AbsoluteRadioColdplay
Oh, and I really like the look of the Absolute Radio homepage ! :D

absoluteradio.JPG

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Unfortunately I don't know how to record it...
By the way, if you're from outside the UK and get an error message and don't wanna go via a different IP, just plug in a UK postcode, then deny the registration and click on 'Just let me listen now' and it will work.
Alternative international links you can see here:
Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/XylotoJ/status/1041774611011129344

Also, there is a Listening Party on Twitter going on under the hashtag #AbsoluteRadioColdplay
Oh, and I really like the look of the Absolute Radio homepage ! :D

View attachment 7951
Wow, I hadn't listened to this gig before now. All I remember about this gig is the announcement of Kaleidoscope.
Really incredible, the setlist so far is on point.
GPASUYF was awesome.

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
They went right from GPASUYF, to The Scientist, to Clocks.
If only Daylight was next :pensive:

Another bonus, Chris didn't even lip sync Clocks that time!

EDIT: As @I ran away pointed out, he totally did lip-sync Clocks.

Last edited:

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I think he did ?
Yeah I think you're right now listening back again:D. It's surprising because London Palladium is a pretty small gig, and he seemed to do it live for most small gigs during AHFOD. But every stadium and arena was definitely lip-synced.

I guess I am still in denial that Coldplay would ever do such a thing. Especially to my favorite ever song :pensive:

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Yeah I'm surprised they did it at pro shot gigs. The first time I noticed it was while watching Glastonbury. You could definitely tell he was lip synching. I understand doing it, but why not just sing it for all the pro shot gigs? It's a dead give away.
Yeah I think you're right now listening back again:D. It's surprising because London Palladium is a pretty small gig, and he seemed to do it live for most small gigs during AHFOD. But every stadium and arena was definitely lip-synced.

I guess I am still in denial that Coldplay would ever do such a thing. Especially to my favorite ever song :pensive:
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Unwarranted and unsolicited Oldplayer thought incoming --

I was just listening to some Oldplay albums today and relishing the awesome production and layers of instrumentation.

Then, I listened to Mumford and Son's (a band whose first two albums I adore) new single Guiding Light. I was shocked how lackluster the production in the song was. The instrumental felt washed out with this faint guitars, barely audible guitar strums, and incredibly simple drumming that contributes nothing. It sounds like everything is a plain white wall that Marcus Mumford's vocals can be moodily splashed on.

What's this got to do with Coldplay? Well, Paul Epworth, who produced Ghost Stories, is producing the new Mumford and Sons LP.

Now to be clear, I love Ghost Stories. But it's also Coldplay's most frustrating albums in many ways because SO MUCH of the instrumentation gets lost in the mix in favor of Chris's vocals. Jonny's electric guitar when heard live is stunning on every track, but only half of that comes through in the album.

Paul Epworth has worked on a ton of great stuff. Don't want to tarnish him or his career. But it goes to show how important producers are.

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm an "allplayer" but agree that especially with Mumford &Sons the instrumentation is what I loved equally to vocals and it has died more and more each album.