Welcome to Coldplaying!

Register now to access the largest Coldplay Community with over 100,000 fans and an abundance of Downloads, Coldplay Games and more!

SignUp Now!

Random Coldplay thoughts...

AMDB9

Staff member
Coldplayer
In the span of 2 weeks at my university, I spotted
-A girl with a Love button on her backpack
-A guy with a AHFOD shirt

I didn't get the chance to say anything to either of them.
The girl with the Love button could've been my soul mate. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have seen a couple people on campus with Love Buttons, and I will always talk to them.
I was in the grocery store a couple weeks ago and passed a guy wearing the AHFOD Tour shirt, and I told him I liked the shirt.
And, when I was wearing my Coldplay shirt, I walked into class, and one of my friends (who I had no idea liked Coldplay) said, "Coldplay! I love them!" Apparently we were at the same concert, and we spent the next few minutes before class talking about the band haha!

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
My kid has been watching this YouTuber who kind of annoys me but then I saw an episode where they were enthusiastic about their love for Coldplay so I am less annoyed.

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Not sure what kind of stock to put in this article. All it is saying is that Coldplay are the odds-on favorite to headline Slane castle in June 2019. However, the nobleman in charge of the Slane estate said it will be a band who hasn't played there before.... and Coldplay played there in 2001. So this could be rubbish or something to watch for... we shall see.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/coldplay-tipped-play-slane-castle-12482130

M Marks The Spot

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Not sure what kind of stock to put in this article. All it is saying is that Coldplay are the odds-on favorite to headline Slane castle in June 2019. However, the nobleman in charge of the Slane estate said it will be a band who hasn't played there before.... and Coldplay played there in 2001. So this could be rubbish or something to watch for... we shall see.
I'm not really sure whether I ought to trust the tabloid press but this kind of news certainly raises hopes of a prospective attendance and performance of the Coldplay... So it's just a rumor, right?

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm not really sure whether I ought to trust the tabloid press but this kind of news certainly raises hopes of a prospective attendance and performance of the Coldplay... So it's just a rumor, right?
Yeah it's just a rumor right now. Leaning towards complete trash, but worth looking out for.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Saw this too but frankly, I think it's just a rumour. Why would they do that in the middle of a several-year touring hiatus ? And it doesn't say much except that people are betting on Coldplay playing there. But outside the core fandom, I noticed many people aren't aware Coldplay are on a lengthy hiatus. I sometimes see ppl in the internet asking if there will be concerts this year, or even expecting a new album to come out by the end of this year. So there's that.

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
Coldplay played in a supporting slot for U2, instead of headlining. And I do seem to remember Slane rumors as the AHFOD era was first getting off the ground. So there's got to be demand...

Still, I honestly can't see the band playing a major show for a while. Maybe a tiny one-off kind of like Under One Roof in 2013, but not a massive concert like Slane Castle.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Aren't Coldplay "rumoured" for every big festival ever every year? This one isn't even based on anything lol

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
The only weird thing is that typically a bookie has information when putting out betting odds. They either know something or are a garbage bookie.

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
I've just turned the TV on and there's Snoopy and Charlie Brown: the Peanuts Movie being broadcasted. Hmm, Charlie Brown in town.

Last edited:

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
Me watching TV again. This time The Simpsons and the Million Dolar Maybe episode in which the Coldplay make an appearance and perform Viva la Vida. That was a very pleasant suprise! :D

Last edited:

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Today I was listening to Til Kingdom Come and the part where he says "in your fire and in your flood" made me wonder if Vance Joy got inspired by that lyric. It's a stretch probably but maybe.