Random Coldplay thoughts...

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
think habib is this guy who helped them through the split. maybe mehrdad is his partner? the thing is, i've seen a few scientifically questionable medical advice from this center.
2 things caught my attention:
- Be hive (sounds familiar)
- regular contributor to the lifestyle -website, GOOP.

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
My friend sent this to me because she knows I'm an Aries....anyone else an Aries?!
Apparently I have to be a fan of a band that won a NME award fot the worst band, 2 years in a row...
I wanna change my birthday!

Stephie

My heart is my gun
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
think habib is this guy who helped them through the split. maybe mehrdad is his partner? the thing is, i've seen a few scientifically questionable medical advice from this center.
Apparently Mehrdad is his brother, a cardiologist.
LOL, I just spent a couple of seconds on this site and had to close it laughing. I guess I'm just not spiritual enough. :D
Within: A spiritual awakening to love & weight loss - Foreword by Gwyneth Paltrow. Nope, I guess I'll pass... :curtain:

gai

Apparently Mehrdad is his brother, a cardiologist.
LOL, I just spent a couple of seconds on this site and had to close it laughing. I guess I'm just not spiritual enough. :D
Within: A spiritual awakening to love & weight loss - Foreword by Gwyneth Paltrow. Nope, I guess I'll pass... :curtain:
yeah.. i don't like the pseudo-science movement, and gwyneth is a head honcho. at least chris hasn't made any sanity questionable statements. at least looks like he still has his feet on the ground.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
As Coldplay fans we get frustrated for rarely being able to bask in glory, and then NME bows down to Coldplay and Chris gives the best acceptance speech ever, what a time to be alive! :lol:

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was just reading the Q Magazine issue from a while back with Coldplay on the cover, and I noticed something on page 28 that we all probably skipped over when reading the first time but turned out to be a hint to what was to come.
The article says, "[Chris] spots Mark Ronson [at the Q Awards]. 'Can you please go and get Mark for me, I need to ask him a musical question,' he says to Arlene Moon, one of Coldplay's management team."
I guess he must have been asking about the Super Bowl.

Sonny

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh53dNpV8qI

Just sat through this, some great footage that works perfectly with the music. It makes me miss the Viva era, it seemed so fresh and new; I like Coldplay's new stuff (last three albums), but the music doesn't hit me in the same way. They really were on top of their game in 2008, lets hope LP8 is another masterpiece... I'm willing to wait three years after a tour if thats what it takes!

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

Just sat through this, some great footage that works perfectly with the music. It makes me miss the Viva era, it seemed so fresh and new; I like Coldplay's new stuff (last three albums), but the music doesn't hit me in the same way. They really were on top of their game in 2008, lets hope LP8 is another masterpiece... I'm willing to wait three years after a tour if thats what it takes!

The lake you see in the video at 9:06 is half an hour away from my house :D

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/7Iqgcfwl8WE
Found this great remix of AOAL! Better than Matoma's in my opinion.
For it's style, this is not too bad, I enjoyed the remix :)

Mobile Link: http://championed.tumblr.com/post/139678027750/championed-oh-my-god-why-i-cant-breathe-bye

People really like to make up funny lies huh.
And then everyone believes it.
Lately I've seen that everyone is out to get them, and for what? Success?
huh? It says the post is gone...

My friend sent this to me because she knows I'm an Aries....anyone else an Aries?!
Apparently I'm ACDC fan lol :p But their music actually is great.

Lol, I like how Panic! at The Disco, Coldplay, and 1D are on the same list
and 5sos, 2 years in a row worst band :p

Please Coldplay pair up with this guy for LP8... By your logic Coldplay, you don't want to stay the same forever. You'd said that rock has been done. Well guess what, you did pop now too. Where to next? Maybe do a very different form of rock that doesn't resemble what you did in your old days. Or a mainly ambient album. Combine the two? I'd really be looking for something completely new here in LP8. I hope the massive break will make you rethink and start fresh. If you can pull this off while making the heartfelt "magic" of Oldplay come back, I will be happy. Let's hope for the best....

Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Have been away for some days from the forum ! So busy these days...

Anyway, yesterday the same coffeeshop that played Fun played Sparks !!!!!!!!!! (do I sense a person with great musical taste among the staff ? :D)

Sonny

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Am I the only one curious to why Chris said AHFOD is the completion of something? Is he hinting that Coldplay are going to go through a transformation for LP8? Personally I would like to see the band steer away from pop and make an album full of badass songs like Violet Hill, Major Minus, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, Chinese Sleep Chant, Daylight and 1.36; although this is unlikely as it doesn't appeal to a mainstream audience.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Am I the only one curious to why Chris said AHFOD is the completion of something? Is he hinting that Coldplay are going to go through a transformation for LP8? Personally I would like to see the band steer away from pop and make an album full of badass songs like Violet Hill, Major Minus, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, Chinese Sleep Chant, Daylight and 1.36; although this is unlikely as it doesn't appeal to a mainstream audience.
I think he was just referring to the fact that their Seven - full-length albums contract with Parlophone, which begain with Parachutes, ended. Unfortunately I think for a major transformation they would need a major hiatus, which the latest NME interview gives me little hope for since Chris said they aim to be back in the studio soon after the world tour...

prospekt46

"Nu-Sensitive music, that's bollocks though"
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Mobile Link: http://championed.tumblr.com/post/139678027750/championed-oh-my-god-why-i-cant-breathe-bye

People really like to make up funny lies huh.
And then everyone believes it.
Lately I've seen that everyone is out to get them, and for what? Success?
"How can I be a virgin if I shagged ur mum"

The intro to VLV (the album) and The Escapist are pure bliss, the best instrumental I've ever heard in my life.

I think he was just referring to the fact that their Seven - full-length albums contract with Parlophone, which begain with Parachutes, ended. Unfortunately I think for a major transformation they would need a major hiatus, which the latest NME interview gives me little hope for since Chris said they aim to be back in the studio soon after the world tour...
If I remember correctly they extended their contract after MX and it was originally a 5 album deal.

gai

If I remember correctly they extended their contract after MX and it was originally a 5 album deal.
they extended it for only 2 more. there was some buzz that apple was interested in coldplay a year or so ago. so they are definitely on the market, unless they've already signed up with someone or choosing the independent route (which i don't think is likely).

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Oh no, so as always that "ending of something" was completely false again. I thought we were talking at least a major hiatus... Honestly they just need to take a break. Hopefully if they follow the path of logic that rock's been doen before they realize the same with pop, and then they can go back to making explorative, interesting, heartfelt music again. They realize that they need to try something new again now. I ask, what would you like to see from the Band for LP8? :D

Anyways, they should at least do something more rock-style again. Doesn't have to be the same thing they used to do, it can still have a rock feel, just different. They can go super experimental if they want or keep it a little simpler, but the point is that there is much more rock to explore out there and Coldplay knows it. CM just doesn't want to admit it. Just keep trying new things, is all.

That being said, hopefully they don't go into something even worse... which is always possible.