Radiohead

The Final Track

Prognissekongen!
Coldplayer
LP8LP8LP8LP8IwantitiwantitiwantitIwantit

:nice:

Edit: Does anybody find it mildly freaky that Radiohead're still together after like 20 years? Cuz I just realized that. Bands never stay together that long. weird innit
And with solo albums and all that it's pretty impressive.

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
I think solo albums/breaks help the band.

I mean when you spend so much time together recording, playing live, hanging out or what not they're going to probably get tired and annoyed from each other.

It's like The Beatles... They spent pretty much all their time together within the span of like 10 years that by the end they hated each other.

bedofroses

Society's Fabric
Coldplayer
I've been listening to this cover of "The Headmaster Ritual" recently. Being a big fan of both Radiohead and The Smiths, I approve :thumbsup: I would like it if they'd do another album of straight forward rock music. That ship has probably sailed, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmS2ePSSdU
Aah yes, this is from their Thumbs Down webcast isnt it, I have nice memories of watching that as soon as it aired :D I didn't know much about The Smiths when they played that so that helped me look up more of their songs. I guess thats the good thing about bands covering other bands, it gets people interested and involved with other music they wouldnt even have listened to otherwise.

bjaiken

Stay Classy Coldplaying
Coldplayer
I think solo albums/breaks help the band.

I mean when you spend so much time together recording, playing live, hanging out or what not they're going to probably get tired and annoyed from each other.

It's like The Beatles... They spent pretty much all their time together within the span of like 10 years that by the end they hated each other.
I have never really subscribed to this theory. These days, you don't need to be in constant contact with other members of the band. Aside from recording and playing a couple hours live every other night, they don't need to be in contact with each other. On the road, these guys stay in 5 star hotels and have people who do everything for them. They've got it hard coming up, but once they've made it, they become big babies. Is showing up 4 nights a week to jam with a few guys for a couple hours too much to ask?

Rad-Cold

Rainbowhead
Coldplayer
I think its really hard to spend so much time together. Especially when you have to make music, you have to try so many things and play it over and over.

We should be lucky Radiohead is still together.

loudefix

Dramarama
Coldplayer
Well I work 8h a day (sometimes more), 5 days a week with the same persons. They're not my friends and we make really good job. That's what I call work.
But I agree that it's seems to be hard in music to stay with the same band so many years.

hotdensestate

shakeyourheadit'sempty
Coldplayer
I have never really subscribed to this theory. These days, you don't need to be in constant contact with other members of the band. Aside from recording and playing a couple hours live every other night, they don't need to be in contact with each other. On the road, these guys stay in 5 star hotels and have people who do everything for them. They've got it hard coming up, but once they've made it, they become big babies. Is showing up 4 nights a week to jam with a few guys for a couple hours too much to ask?
Dude, it's their life. You ain't da boss o dem.

A RUSH OF VIDA

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Do you guys know what KGB is? Well if you don't it's this new system that you can have on your phone or iPod and you can ask it any question, and well I asked it "Who is the biggest band right now" and the answer was RADIOHEAd and then U2 haha

I guess nothin that big but I just thought I'd share

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer

Bloggers sharing Radiohead's 'In Rainbows' told to take them down

Websites hosting the album's files targeted by RIAA and IFPA

Bloggers hosting Radiohead's 2007 album 'In Rainbows' have been targeted by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).

The Oxford band released the album through a 'pay what you like' scheme, meaning fans could pay as little as they liked for a digital copy of it. However, the RIAA and IFPI have issued takedown pleas to Google, asking it to disable bloggers' accounts for offering the songs for free, reports Torrentfreak.

In a letter sent to Google and posted on Chillingeffects.org, the RIAA says the recordings "have not been authorised" for free download by their "member companies".

Radiohead have yet to comment on the matter.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/52343

Ms Magpie

oh it's nothing special
Coldplayer
If Radiohead didn't tell these organisations to order bloggers to take IR down, it's kind of ridiculous. :thinking:

yellowy eyes

tuusimuusi
Coldplayer
money money money

btw have you seen this great documentary about copyright laws?

(there's some about Radiohead at the end too :p )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwN6rRU0Xk"]YouTube- RIP: A Remix Manifesto (part 1)[/ame]

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
you guys may be upset but Radiohead have been slipping on my interests in bands :(

Arcade Fire and Metric have sort of taken over...haha

anyway I figured I'd post because I guess no one else has been following but Thom played another Atoms for Peace show and this was the setlist:

01.The Eraser
02.Analyse
03.The Clock
04.Black Swan
05.Skip Divided
06.Atoms For Peace
07.And It Rained All Night
08.Harrowdown Hill
09.Cymbal Rush

Thom solo section
10.I Might Be Wrong
11.Give Up The Ghost
12.Videotape

full band again
13.Paperbag Writer
14.Judge, Jury & Executioner
15.The Hollow Earth
16.Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses

fietssleutel

*smile*
Coldplayer
Same, but for me it's The National and Portishead. :(

At the moment I don't really care about anything Radiohead related except solid LP8 news tbh. :\ (though I should probably listen to HTTT at some point in time, but I'm holding it hostage for LP8 news :p)

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: