'Picnic At The Park' - post-concert Coldplayer Meet Up - RUSSELL SQUARE, LONDON (20 SEPT 2009 @ 1PM)

LittleMissMessy

White Shadows ;)
Coldplayer
UPDATE: 17TH SEPTEMBER 2009

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=530250&y=182250&z=110&sv=530250,182250&st=4&ar=y&searchp=ids.srf&lm=0

Here's another one:

I think it's very close to the tube station (on the Piccadilly line )

It looks like..." If wet, in the British Museum! " :)

Tube map:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.gif

Plannned engineering works on Sunday, not involving the Russell Square area.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=4

The Jubilee line around Wembley for those with hotels in that area is suspended but there are other lines to come in on. You just might have to change lines a bit more or take the scenic route on the replacement bus, but it's all good!! You get Jaffa Cakes and Cornish chocolate chip cookies at the end!! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone :)

Some people have been discussing a coldplaying.com meet up on Sept. 20th, 2009 (Sunday) somewhere in one of London's various parks in one of the Wembley threads already.

We thought it was fun to meet up after the concerts and maybe have more time to get to know each other and talk about the previous concerts, as most of us probably queue up on different sides of the stadium due to general admission/seating tickets.

We know that not everyone will be able to participate due to early departure times on that day aso. but we reckon that most (overseas) visitors will probably stay in London on Sunday as well. :)

Nothing is settled yet, we haven't decided on a park, nor a time, nor what to bring along (of course Jaffa Cakes :D ).

That's why I opened up this thread to point out to everyone that there's a meeting planned and not to spam the actual Wembley threads with it.

So who of you would be interested in coming along. Which park should we choose (Regents Park, Hyde Park?!??), what time would you suggest.

Food for thought and let's start to discuss :)

I will bring Jaffa Cakes from here and we have Rasberry & Cassis ones which are extremely yummy :D

mc_squared

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Some people have been discussing a coldplaying.com meet up on Sept. 20th, 2009 (Sunday) somewhere in one of London's various parks in one of the Wembley threads already.

We thought it was fun to meet up after the concerts and maybe have more time to get to know each other and talk about the previous concerts, as most of us probably queue up on different sides of the stadium due to general admission/seating tickets.

We know that not everyone will be able to participate due to early departure times on that day aso. but we reckon that most (overseas) visitors will probably stay in London on Sunday as well. :)

Nothing is settled yet, we haven't decided on a park, nor a time, nor what to bring along (of course Jaffa Cakes :D ).

That's why I opened up this thread to point out to everyone that there's a meeting planned and not to spam the actual Wembley threads with it.

So who of you would be interested in coming along. Which park should we choose (Regents Park, Hyde Park?!??), what time would you suggest.
I would certainly try to make it if something was organised.;)

Food for thought and let's start to discuss :)
Good idea, although I prefer food for eating, personally!!:p

I will bring Jaffa Cakes from here and we have Rasberry & Cassis ones which are extremely yummy :D
And presumably you will be bringing several varieties of German sausage too!!:rolleyes:

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I should be able to depending on train times, I have work the next day...also depends what time Lori and Mel are leaving too, we're all staying together you see.

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
I should be able to depending on train times, I have work the next day...also depends what time Lori and Mel are leaving too, we're all staying together you see.
I've got to send all of you off too :cool:

LittleMissMessy

White Shadows ;)
Coldplayer
LittleMissMessy said:

I would certainly try to make it if something was organised.;)
I guess best would be not to get too organised but make it an 'open' meet up for everyone interested in coming along.
Just fixing a time and a place and whoever comes round is welcome :)

mc_squared said:
LittleMissMessy said:
Food for thought and let's start to discuss
Good idea, although I prefer food for eating, personally!!:p
So what will you bring along then ;)

mc_squared said:
LittleMissMessy said:
And presumably you will be bringing several varieties of German sausage too!!:rolleyes:
Haha ... nah ... they wouldn't last until Sunday as I don't have a fridge in my hotel room ;)
But if you have a certain request for german food which hasn't to be stored in a cool place I will bring something along for you :p

Jayzo

♥ under the Osaka ☀
Coldplayer
Yeah why not! I'll bring, well, ummm...... I have no idea.

I'd say Regent's Park, as its the same distance basically from the stadium as Hyde and people are more likely to know where to find us 'cos its smaller.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
it should definately be a Coldplayer meetup rather than a Coldplaying meet up - might attract one or two new people :D

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
she'll bring her! she's also just said that the concerts will be finished by 10.30 so there may also be a meetup straight after in the pub :D

LittleMissMessy

White Shadows ;)
Coldplayer
it should definately be a Coldplayer meetup rather than a Coldplaying meet up - might attract one or two new people :D
Edited the topic line already ;)

And yep, you're right :)
Hopefully we can spread the word closer to the date via Twitter and other people will come along too :)

Hopefully it won't end up in a huge tumoil :laugh3:

Jayzo

♥ under the Osaka ☀
Coldplayer
We just need to get Ian drunk at some point, get him to log on to Coldplaying via one of our phones, and then we can lock him out of his account :p.

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
she'll bring her! she's also just said that the concerts will be finished by 10.30 so there may also be a meetup straight after in the pub :D
erm no I didn't. I said the LCCC will be finished by 10:30 because of curfew. I have no idea about Wembley :p

Jayzo

♥ under the Osaka ☀
Coldplayer
Wembley generally has a curfew of 10:30pm :).