Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MUSICIANS WELCOME!!! "How We See The World" Project - A New Beginning?

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
You're quite welcome. :nice: (I'm so sorry, but I don't know your name. :embarrassed:)

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
Alright, I just finished writing a song. It needs work and is a rhyming mess. But here it is(if anybody wants to use this for HWSTW).

How I See the World

I'm gonna show you the world
Grab the horses from out of the stall
I'm gonna show you outside forces
From way within their walls

I'm gonna show you a place
Where troubles cannot be traced
And all the outsiders see
Is nothing except you and me

I'm gonna show you a place
Where others care about the human race
And treat them as if they have a face

We're going on an adventure today
Will you help others get what they pray for
Oh, will you help them stop the war

In the summer breeze
We will run/jump across the shore
I will open the door, for you to see
And show you, there are people out there
Just like you and me

It's not much but I hope it can help jump start this project.

rafaelchampion

Stare at me.
Coldplayer
I can't sing and I am not good at playing but I know how to mix the sound, if you guys send me stems I put them together. Also I have some good audio edition programs, I can make some MIDI, if needed. I can also edit images, if you'd like to make a cover.

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
I can't sing and I am not good at playing but I know how to mix the sound, if you guys send me stems I put them together. Also I have some good audio edition programs, I can make some MIDI, if needed. I can also edit images, if you'd like to make a cover.
THanks, but I'd prefer if people send files to me first. I'll have the whole thing mastered when we have enough material. :)

There's a Coldplaying members band that I'm hoping will put something together. (thread link earlier in this page.) But I still need individual tracks from forum members. I only have 3 so far.

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
Tracie, if I help by writing something for somebody to revise and record would you use it?

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
^ Yeah pick Violet! She's a genius at music structure! :nice: I'll bet you can write really good lyrics. :D

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
^ You flatter me too much. :blush:

Actually, I wanted to ask Tracie if the songs on this compilation had to necessarily be happy ones because I had a couple of concepts come to me last night before I went to bed. If not, I can start work on a couple of tracks.

Cold RadioMuse

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Please pick me!

Please pick me once again. I had a song on the previous album, and I am really thrilled this has gotten started again. It's a great thing and I'm happy to contribute.
I don't know how to send the files, so please if you could listen to the song and okay it, then I can send you the file somehow.

I was thinking of one of my songs, Picture of You. It's currently at Spotify and at my myspace.
So Please check it out and PM me if you are interested in my song. If you find any other song there you should prefer, that is of course also very fine. Maybe Sending My Love To You. So one of those two songs.

Search for Simon M Harris at spotify for my music, and go to www.myspace.com/simonmharris.

Great!! :):)

ColdplayOlivia

So we'll soar
Coldplayer
ehehehh hey, Could someone just tell me what's this about? :)) I don't understand ...öeheheh

the3jr

Ancient
Coldplayer
I'm thoroughly interested, but I'm still not getting the concept...

So Coldplayers will make a compilation album made of original songs, to sell somewhere? and all the proceeds will go to a Coldplay related organization?

Please tell me if that's right, or if there's anything I missed...

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
First off, Simon: I am absolutely DELIGHTED that you want to be on this again!!!!!:D Send mmp3 or WAV to [email protected], and of course, feel free to post it here if you want.:D

^That's exactly the concept. A CD compilation of original or public domain music by forum members to be sold online with the proceeds to go to a charity chosen by the forum, preferably one that Coldplay support.:nod:

the3jr

Ancient
Coldplayer
Thanks Tracie, any other guidelines though? How about a deadline?

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
No deadline yet since I only have 3 songs submited.

We'll do polls to determine the artwork, and which cause we should put the proceeds towards. Also, i'll need feedback from people about where to host it online since Cafepress doesn't host CDs anymore.

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
^That's exactly the concept. A CD compilation of original or public domain music by forum members to be sold online with the proceeds to go to a charity chosen by the forum, preferably one that Coldplay support.:nod:
Public domain music? Does this mean that I could perform some classical music for the compilation? If so, I can think of a Schumann piano piece I could record straight away. :cheesy: