Mixtape Exchange XIV CLOSED! XVI coming soon!!! Very soon!

squareonefivesix

chewing on monkey brains
Coldplayer
Still haven't had a review of the tape I made :(

Sick of waiting.... If Maple ever comes back here and posts a review, someone wake me up.... :\

Wyrd

Brent come back
Coldplayer
Yeah, you're right Kat. Too much Jonas Bjerre I guess, hahaha!
I'll put comments in your post in Cyan :D
First of all nice artwork :awesome:
Thank! :nice: (and omg it's huge, I didn't realize)
It is labelled as LP6 by Coldplay. There's insects and a lady with long flowing blond hair with a boob out and a red rabbit and a lighthouse, it seems that the track names reflect on the artwork so I’m guessing it was intentional to have the track names there and props to the maker for being all creative and thinking up this whole concept.
You're right there, those are not the real track names. The idea of the tape is perhaps a bit complicated. I had one of the subscribers that quickly signed in right before the deadline and only had a few posts. So I was already afraid that this would be someone that might let me down. I decided not to be judgemental in this respect by putting as much time in it as I would do otherwise. Seeing her active on the board after subscription gave me more hope to not have done the whole thing in vain. I didn’t know much about her taste in music, but she posts almost exclusively in the LP6 thread, so I figured she would love to hear something Coldplay-wise. The idea of the tape was to have a bunch of songs on there that could be the next album of Coldplay. This is also why I was afraid that it would become too monochrome, not varied enough, and if the tape would go to someone who would not appreciate that kind of music, the whole tape is basically wasted. Luckily you got the tape!!!

Okay so here goes my attempt at a review, Ahem...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. A Dedication To Life: Opens with what sounds like tapdancing, a guitar is introduced and some angelic aah sounds. The beat then becomes really fast (Michael flatly style). Nice mixture of guitars and drums, it seems to fade in fast and slow. Nice little opener

2. Feel The Moon: opens with some piano, a really gentle voice it “feel the moon pull you up to the sky”, a really nice mellow chilled out song, though it's only a minute and a half. <3
So the songs are all what could be the next LP if Coldplay would go back to acoustic guitar and piano songs and throw themselves backwards to a more indie basis. Besides, I also wanted to give it a theme like Coldplay did with Mylo Xyloto, where they have the neon colours and graffiti-style and the oppression/love story theme. This one comes with another direction; more Art Nouveau based, this time nature and fantasy dominate, which is all reflected in the artwork. I drew that after the tracklist was made so it has the songs in it. This song is Moon Pulls by múm and so you see the moon behind the girl in the artwork

3. Long Night: Loud drumming intro, with some building electronic synthy sound and electric guitar, I like this it sounds really cool. There a kind of lul in the middle and more synthy sounds it’s a nice dancy song and I found myself tapping along to it.

4. You Know: opens with a guitar and piano sounds, I like the voice, I feel like I have heard it before but I’m not sure where. I really like the layers to this song and the mix of acoustic guitar. There’s some whistling and this song makes me want to dance . Okay I really love this <3
This song was also on someone else 's mixtape this exchange. It's Boy and Bear with Feeding Line.

5. Cicada: Opens with some plinky plonk piano. I’m a sucker for cute piano melodies. There’s some gentle acoustic guitar and a voice which sounds very much like Jonas Bjerre of Mew. I am a fan of mew though I’ve only heard two albums. This song is nice and soothing.
It is Mew, but this song isn't on any of their albums. Yet, it's soooo atmospheric and soothing. I love it :wacky:

6. Somewhere there’s a lighthouse: Cool synths kinda fading in and out. And a nice voice which sounds similar to that of song 2. I love the chorus to this and the layers to this is like a disco on my ears w00. love this I can’t wait to know who it is.<333
Another moi Caprice song in this exchange .... why is moi Caprice so unknown! Uuuuh. They were once the opening band of Coldplay :\

7. Flashing Red Rabbits Oh No!: Cute little opening that sounds like a tap dripping and it reminds me of animal crossing music (which I love.) and the voice of James Mercer. I haven’t heard this before though. There’s some acoustic guitar and I’m not sure if that’s a violin. Then the tempo changes down, there’s a cool little beat and this is a real interesting song the second half seems really different to the second later on there’s some piano and it fades out a little. Then there’s a sudden drum beat and some acoustic guitar with a different singer (I'm guessing it's a different song.) They fade into one another really well and the song builds up with a kindof indie vibe. I like this whole song/songs idek but <33
Yeah, this is actually three songs in a row. Not complete, but enough so you get an idea of each song, get the flavour, so to say. Glad that you liked it! Nice side-effect of this editing/mixing is that the uploaded songs/mixtape doesn’t get recognized by the upload service.

8 One For The Nightfall: starts off quiet with a little piano then this drum machine thing kicks and guitar and it sounds pretty funky.It reminds me of U2 in places. I like this song. About 5 minutes in the sound changes, there’s some piano and what sounds again like Jonas Bjerre. Suddenly there’s some drums which scare the crap out of me because I had it really loud in my ears. then there’s some synth’s building in. It gives me some almost psychedelic vibes. and I quite like this <3
This is again a mixture of songs. The first band is a-ha :D I love their songs so much, such a shame people always only know Take On Me and maybe The Sun Always Shine On TV. Anyway, second song is indeed Jonas Bjerre you hear in the messed-up song Saviours of Jazz Ballet. I wish Coldplay would make something crazy like that. Third one is The Rumour Said Fire. :heart:

9. Coming Down For you: Some drumming and clip-cloppy sounds and then some guitar. This sounds like Foals. It’s a chilled out song with some nice layering of piano as well in there. It could be from Holy Fire I have only listened to that twice as of yet with all the excitement of other stuff, but I think I’ll listen to a bit more now <33
Yes, you're right. This is Foals and from their new album.

10. We Sit and We Sigh: Ooh nice ambient intro and then there’s a drum machine or something and guitar building. Repetition of “nicotine and bacteria”. There’s silence for several minutes and then there’s some gentle piano and what sounds a little like wind chimes. It reminds me of Madame DePompadeur from the doctor who soundtrack. Really nice ending to the tape it’s making me feel sleepy. <3
The original track of Bloc Party also has the silence in it. But then continues in a hidden track. Now I replaced that hidden track with another one. Brian Eno! I wouldn't mind some more colaborations between him and Coldplay. The man makes some amazing ambient. Again nice and soothing.

Favourites have to be tracks 2,4,6,7,10
Okay well the whole tape was super amazing, I shall be listening to it more I just wanted to give you a review before I go away for two weeks without any internet connection.

... and I think I can guess my maker :mellow:
Me, me?

The tracklisting is:
1. Thirteen Senses - Crystal Sounds

2. múm - Moon Pulls

3. Violens - It Couldn't Be Perceived

4. Boy & Bear - Feeding Line

5. Mew - Like Paper Cuts

6. moi Caprice - To The Lighthouse

Flashing Red Rabbits Oh No! =
7. The Shins - Red Rabbits
8. Oh No Ono - Swim
9. The Boxer Rebellion - Flashing Red Light Means Go

One For The Nightfall =
10. a-ha - How Sweet It Was
11. Mew - Saviours of Jazz Ballet
12. The Rumour Said Fire - Sanctuary

13. Foals - Stepson

We Sit and We Sigh =
14. Bloc Party - Compliments
hidden track: Brian Eno's Emerald and Lime

Thank you for listening. I am glad the mixtape got taken care of by someone. Thank you for the review. You were so fast :blush: If you want I can also send you the whole songs, because some are cropped quite a bit in this mixtape.

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It's best to do it every 4 months to avoid mixtape overload

Destrokk

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
i vote Dee to host it or whatever cos she wanted to but Somebody That I Used To Know made the thread first like a biotch

then ill be a part of it cos now im totally in the mood for some Mixtape makin'

dreamorlife

mister dramatic username
Coldplayer
By the way:

Happy Easter or just a nice Sunday if you don't care about that to everyone! :)

And especially to the wonderful DiOli05 for the awesome job of organizing! :)

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Mediafire have deleted it :(

I think we need to use another host for the next tape.

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I need to reupload it first, I think I kept the folder with the tracks in.

Maybe protected rars is the way forward, they can't look inside if they don't have the password.

DiOli05

Mrs. Berryman
Coldplayer
I need to reupload it first, I think I kept the folder with the tracks in.

Maybe protected rars is the way forward, they can't look inside if they don't have the password.
Dave, I have sent your mix tape to your partner, give it a time, I have been sending reminders, but lately have been really busy. Besides, you do not get to complain since you made me wait for your review for weeks :p
I will send your partner a message and let you know.

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
Sorry, sorry to my partner, I'll review it as soon as I can, I've been too busy lately! SORRY

DiOli05

Mrs. Berryman
Coldplayer
By the way:

Happy Easter or just a nice Sunday if you don't care about that to everyone! :)

And especially to the wonderful DiOli05 for the awesome job of organizing! :)
Happy Easter to you too, and thanks, I really appreciate it.

Wanna swap?
Anybody want to review my tape?
I have sent messages to both your partners and to the rest of the people that have not post a review yet, so hopefully it will come soon.

Sorry, sorry to my partner, I'll review it as soon as I can, I've been too busy lately! SORRY
You are the only person I did not message, but I take this statement as if I had lol

Like I said, I just send reminders about reviews and about review comments, I am still waiting on my tracklist, so I know how it feels. I am going to be busy today, so I will update the first post in the next few days, I have all of the links already anyways :)