Welcome to Coldplaying!

Register now to access the largest Coldplay Community with over 100,000 fans and an abundance of Downloads, Coldplay Games and more!

SignUp Now!

LP8 Thread - Coldplay's Upcoming Album

Which one would you like the band to follow in the making of LP8?

• Electronic music

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Acoustic music

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Why not both?

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
I initially thought it was gonna be some fake recreation of an "unreleased" song but that sounds interesting.

Somebody lemme know if a better quality version of this becomes available. Not that YouTube quality will stop me from getting these unreleased songs. :D

This is also interesting, and probably totally unreleated but I remember an artist by the name of "The Racer" making a cover of Amazing Day and I think another AHFOD song some time back..... Just a similar song title and artist name lol. Prob just a coincidence
I remember this title!

Check out the 5 minute mark of this "Making of Ghost Stories" documentary video...
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGeAzm2wPPA

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah, i dont think its LP8 related, but looking forward to it nonetheless! Should be cool!

Mohammed Essam

MEA
Coldplayer
I initially thought it was gonna be some fake recreation of an "unreleased" song but that sounds interesting.

Somebody lemme know if a better quality version of this becomes available. Not that YouTube quality will stop me from getting these unreleased songs. :D

This is also interesting, and probably totally unreleated but I remember an artist by the name of "The Racer" making a cover of Amazing Day and I think another AHFOD song some time back..... Just a similar song title and artist name lol. Prob just a coincidence
The song played in the background of their AHFOD Documentary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Marks The Spot

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
What’s a Cultural adviser anyway??
Cultural advisors work with individuals from different cultural heritages and identities and facilitate the coexistence of people in a culturally diverse community. (source)

Edit: The very first thought that occurred to me was 'Are the Coldplay working with this cultural advisor in order to avoid controversy such as cultural appropriation in future?".

Last edited:

Mohammed Essam

MEA
Coldplayer
Cultural advisors work with individuals from different cultural heritages and identities and facilitate the coexistence of people in a culturally diverse community. (source)
Why do you think they need a Cultural Advisor for?? I think it’s for charity work or something.

M Marks The Spot

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Why do you think they need a Cultural Advisor for?? I think it’s for charity work or something.

My (conspiracy) theory: Paolo Petrocelli might have started working with the Coldplay due to the idea of Los Unidades.

MickCas

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Paolo Petrocelli seems to be an Italian cultural advisor. He does a lot of things in his life but maybe the key could be that he founded EMMA for Peace, an association for the promotion of 'musical diplomacy between Europe and Middle East', according to wikipedia.it

FrankSchepers

Student filmmaker & Huge Coldplay fan
Coldplayer
So an album for charity might be it? And I hope they bring out music under the name Coldplay, not los undidades (also, coldplaying sounds much better than los unidading hahaha)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Or something like peace concerts in the Middle East...

merril

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Or something like peace concerts in the Middle East...
That's possible.
In February 2017 there were rumors of Coldplay giving concerts in that area, and the band even visited Israel and Palestine, but did not play any concerts there. Perhaps they are now going to give a sort of peace concert there. In that case they would really need a 'cultural advisor'.
Or perhaps they are rehearsing some songs for the next Global Citizen festival.
It is more likely that their activities at the moment are charity related than related to a new album.

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get?
Coldplayer
We'll have to keep in mind that it will be less glamorous than it seems [according to Stephen]....

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
@42Escapist wow, I didn't know that this was actually an unreleased track from GS! The production of the track posted in the YT video doesn't really sound much like GS either and they claimed it was a AHFOD era track, they must have been wrong. Guess the original song must have been made in GS, heck maybe even earlier! But this appears to definitely at least be a GS era song, with the sound only revealed to the public in the AHFOD documentary.

@M Marks The Spot, it's very possible that they might be looking to avoid issues such as that, lots of people were calling them out for appropriation in the HFTW video, which I think was stupid but anyway. I do think it's a necessary step for Coldplay however, seeing as they might be the most globally involved band ATM. Not a bad idea to have a cultural advisor on board! Not huge news music wise, but nonetheless it's always good to be keeping up with the Coldplay!