Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LP8 Thread - Coldplay's Upcoming Album

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
It's reasonable to say that at the end of this year something will be happening, I actually also think that early next year would be a nice period to release new music.
It has been said already; new music for a new decade. A Head Full Of Dreams' release was on the 4th of December, 2015.
At the end of this year, on 4 December, it will be exactly 4 years since their last album release which is a pretty long time, especially for Coldplay because they always have a space of 2 mostly 3 years between albums. Let's not forget about Kaleidoscope which was released on 14th July 2017 of which we already knew a song (SJLT) before it was released again on the EP. I think we'll get at least some announcements or a very short audio/video clip just like they did with Adventure Of A Lifetime back in 2015 in order to announce a new song. I believe it was in November/October? Can't remember very well. Think it was in October.
But on the other hand, it could be possible that they have decided to take a long break after their big A Head Full Of Dreams world tour. I mean really long, I'm thinking of 3 maybe 4 years. Which wouldn't be surprising at all.
Why? Usually between Coldplay albums there's a gap of 2-3 years. Take a look; 2000 (P) - 2002 (AROBTTH) - 2005 (X&Y) - 2008 (VIVA) - 2011 (MX) - 2014 (GS) but then came AHFOD in 2015 which is basically just 1 year, to be more specific; 19 months (minus a few days) which is a really short period between 2 albums (at least it is for a big band)!
Normally it would be something like this: 2000 (P release), 2002 (AROBTTH), 2005 (X&Y), 2008 (VIVA), 2011 (MX), 2014 (GS) and A Head Full Of Dreams' release in 2017. It would also make more sense.
Let's say they did release A Head Full Of Dreams in May 2017 (3 years after the release of GS), they would be doing some tv performances/play smaller venues (2017-2018) and eventually do a tour (not per se in that order), if they had done something like this that means they could've been finished at this point (early or mid 2019).
If that happened they could decide for going on a break for at least a year or a year and a half and that brings us to 2020, the year in which we can expect brand-new music!
In short, I also think there's a (big) chance that they unfortunately won't release new music until next year.
Yes yes yes! I just can’t imagine how they will top AHFOD tour-wise...

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
And now for something that more closely resembles news from twitter:
Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1107336555075723266

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/lena_tayara/status/1107317545265176579

I mean, we kinda suspected that after the whole thing about Guy (with Chris) in LA, but we didn't really know about all four of them recording meaning Will and Jonny as well. News isnt super surprising, but very nice to hear it from someone.
About time!! Great news!

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer

Gideon_Mx

It's A Beautiful World
Coldplayer
That was not funny at all !!!!

I actually believed it for a second but only focused on words like "new songs" :laughing:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually true. I mean, they already did collabs with people like Rihanna, Tove Lo, Beyoncé. It can't be excluded, I guess.

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

It's A Beautiful World
Coldplayer
I believed it haha
In that case, we say ''1 april, kikker in je bil'' (it rhymes) which means (very silly translated into English) the following:
''1 April, frog in your bum/butt''. It is supposed to rhyme but it doesn't rhyme at all (when you say it in English) ....
So, congrats! :party:

vinny9

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
D918452C-A54B-4615-BF69-A1A65E7501B7.png
Looks like at least half the boys are at it.
‘Conscious pilot’ sounds like an opening track/side project to something new etc.

Thoughts?
Yes it’s on ASCAP & I believe Daniel Green is a Coldplay producer

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
View attachment 8223 Looks like at least half the boys are at it.
‘Conscious pilot’ sounds like an opening track/side project to something new etc.

Thoughts?
Oooh good find! Maybe part of Los Unidades?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
View attachment 8223 Looks like at least half the boys are at it.

Thoughts?
Can you provide the link for this, please? :O

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ the work ID could give an indication (older songs have a lower number), so I'm not sure if that one was added very recently.

this one starts with 89 too:

edit: I just realist they added a bunch of "songs" from the documentary (such as "I love you Jim", the potential world hit), so this one (and some others) are probably part of that

Last edited:

yoyo2000

I'm hyp
Coldplayer
Last edited:

vinny9

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
^ the work ID could give an indication (older songs have a lower number), so I'm not sure if that one was added very recently.

this one starts with 89 too:

edit: I just realist they added a bunch of "songs" from the documentary (such as "I love you Jim", the potential world hit), so this one (and some others) are probably part of that
Nah I check every day- film songs were added in December 2018. Conscious pilot is new this week

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Oooh good find! Maybe part of Los Unidades?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Conscious Pilot totally sounds like a Coldplay idea/theme. I would bet it's Coldplay, but it's a bit odd that Chris and Guy are not on it... yet.

At the same time, a lot of these registered songs don't mean anything, it's just for copywriting purposes I believe, whether it's an actual released song or something from a YouTube video or the Game of Thrones project.