Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

1. NOTICE: Coldplay Downloads are now back up! Sorry for the downtime
    Dismiss Notice

LIT the best gig opener they have

Discussion in 'Life In Technicolor' started by Knotty, Jun 25, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Jay Niguez

By:Jay NiguezMar 18, 2009
    Arizzo / NBC / Sonneh
    Coldplayer

I agree 100%!

2. The Final Track

By:The Final TrackFeb 16, 2010
    Prognissekongen!
    Coldplayer

Life In Technicolor is the best concert and album opener, but the latter by a smaller shot. It certainly lives up to it's title, is instrumental and builds up. Politik opens smashing then quites down and that wouldn't have worked well on the Viva tour...amazing live though, just a little darker, not as pleasing as Life In Technicolor, not as colorful.
    Square One is a lot better on X&Y than live, as the case with many X&Y songs considering the instrumentation and atmosphere.

Bottomline: Life In Technicolor is the perfect intro (well, at least for me :rolleyes:)

3. Macintosh

By:MacintoshFeb 17, 2010
    Through the glory of life
    Coldplayer

No, the best gig opener they have is Politik, because when at the beginning begins to play Politik I understand that it is a 100% Coldplay concert and when a gig begins with sounds of LIT, it tells that we will see Brian Eno experiments above Coldplay

4. Tonsu

By:TonsuFeb 17, 2010
    Moved to Mars
    Coldplayer

I've changed my mind on this, probably because I saw LiT open so many gigs last year and the year before...and then we have the same song (but with lyrics) closing the set. Remembering Brixton, I think Square One's the best opener still, such a shame they don't play it (or so many songs off x&y) anymore. And GPaSUYF not full version - an absolute travesty! We get Billie Jean instead of White Shadows, A Message, Don't Panic, Trouble, etc etc etc. What next, a harmonica-only version of Politik?!!

5. Macintosh

By:MacintoshFeb 18, 2010
    Through the glory of life
    Coldplayer

:laugh3: I hope no..:uhoh2:

6. MosesTheMarshmallow

By:MosesTheMarshmallowNov 21, 2010
    Up&Up
    Coldplayer

Life in Technicolor is great as an opener. :)

Mainly though, I just wanted to put in a word for Square One. I LOVE the countdown thing they do and how they sync that with the song and the lights. And lyrically, Square One is the closest thing to the well...beginning.

7. Plug_in_coldplaying

By:Plug_in_coldplayingOct 9, 2012
    5:2 Hurts Like Heaven
    Coldplayer

This actually made ma thinking hard. It is obviously a perfect opener,personally it brought tears in my eyes and I dare to say it is better than Politik as opener (not a better song of course), but I believe their number one opener spot for me is MX/Hurts Like Heaven.