Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

1. NOTICE: Coldplay Downloads are now back up! Sorry for the downtime
    Dismiss Notice

LIT Not by coldplay?!

Discussion in 'Life In Technicolor' started by shagbal, May 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. bluexylophone

By:bluexylophoneMay 10, 2008
    nightclubbing
    Coldplayer

you're not. same sweatshirt. same Eno head. he just has glasses on in the second one.

2. Saffire

By:SaffireMay 10, 2008
    Classically liberal.
    Coldplayer

Yep that old geezer in the sweater on the keyboard is Eno.

3. Vivek

By:VivekMay 10, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Obviously, if you read the wikipedia article correctly "All songs written by Coldplay, except where noted"

So Coldplay didn't rip the song, make there are some lyrics to make on the final album version

4. Dejan

By:DejanMay 10, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

lol @ 'old geezer'

5. ApproximatelyInfinite

By:ApproximatelyInfiniteMay 10, 2008
    a thousand houses long
    Coldplayer

"same eno head."
    oooh boy, that made me laugh.

ANYWAY, yeah, i saw that on wiki a while ago and it got me a bit concerned, but i think we'll just have to wait until the album liner notes to know for sure. i sure as HELL hope they wrote it, because it kind of bothers me when artists let other artists write whole songs on their albums. but i do think this is coldplay. if you listen to the song carefully, especially in that "bridge" part, it's very, very coldplay, at least to me. the whole think has coldplay written all over it, as well as being perfectly fresh and new and different as well (that's what i think, anyway). i'm not all that concerned that the boys didn't write it, but it is something that's nagging at me a bit.

6. sune_rose

By:sune_roseMay 10, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

For me this song sounds more like The Cure, and I hope that it's just a demo. I love this melodic line, and hopefully album version will be longer!

7. NeSs1776

By:NeSs1776May 10, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

LiT is amazing the best song yet it give such an old school coldplay feel yet new and fresh I hope its not just intrumental i love that song best cp song i have heard in a long time since RUSH OF BLOOD cd i believe!

8. BigFatNoises

By:BigFatNoisesMay 10, 2008
    Famous Old Painter
    Coldplayer

I think the album version will be longer because this version was a rough cut

9. jason41483

By:jason41483Jun 7, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Nope...LIT album version is just as we've all heard it. No lyrics.

The Escapist at the end of the album is the first portion of Life In Technicolor but with Chris singing a short chorus a few times. I was expecting a little more out of The Escapist, but I'll let you be the judge.

10. Darkedge

By:DarkedgeJun 12, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Actually LiT wasn't written by Coldplay, it was written by John Hopkins, but he wrote it for them. So it's not like they're just ripping a song. And The Escapist is apparently a "collaboration" between Hopkins and Coldplay, and them being the same song just kinda shows that Hopkins did the songs with / for Coldplay. But they didn't write them. Hope that clears things up :)

11. UrbanBuckeye33

By:UrbanBuckeye33Jun 13, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

its ok since he is the secret member :)

12. Littlewhiteshadows

By:LittlewhiteshadowsJun 13, 2008
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

In the album booklet, it says something like LIT & The Escapist 'borrow heavily' from a song by Jon Hopkins. That doesn't mean the song is by Jon Hopkins, but that Coldplay sampled his work...like they did with Kraftwerk on Talk. I reckon the beginning is all Hopkins, but then when the guitars come in, that's Coldplay too.

13. Tnspieler1012

By:Tnspieler1012Jun 21, 2008
    Come On, Let's Go
    Coldplayer

I thought the synths intro was courtesy of brian eno until I learned about jon Hopkins, I don't think anyone thought Martin and co. made that by themselves, so nothing's really changed. Anyway, it's everything coldplay added that makes the track as awesome as it is, mainly the hammer-dulcimer. The synths intro is all that jon gave them, and that practically dissappears (or becomes inaudible) halfway through anyway.

14. Bonus_mosher

By:Bonus_mosherJun 21, 2008
    THE BUCKLANNND
    Coldplayer

:rolleyes: relax, it's just the synth part at the beginning, like the first 10 seconds of ambience or whatever.

not the song.

15. CRYSTAL

By:CRYSTALJun 23, 2008
    Livin' life in Technicolor
    Coldplayer

but the lyrics on the track are by coldplay anyway.

i loved the song and is one of my favorites.

16. djibou

By:djibouJun 23, 2008
    This Is Bigger Than Us
    Coldplayer

I heard that they wanted to put Life In Technicolor on their next album or maybe on their next EP, but with lyrics.
    Wrong or right?

17. Napoleon

By:NapoleonJun 23, 2008
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Coldplayer

The intro is a sample from one of Hopkin's songs. The guitar riffs and further are Coldplay.

18. Space Cadet

By:Space CadetJun 24, 2008
    You have been warned.
    Coldplayer

From Jon Hopkins myspace: "The new Coldplay album Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is out on 12th June. I worked on the album as one of the co-producers for much of last year, and contributed some sounds and various keyboard instruments. An adapted version of one of my new tracks Light Through The Veins also appears as the intro to the first track Life In Technicolour, and as the backing for the track hidden at the end, The Escapist." http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=26521034&blogID=403195111

He has the original song up on his myspace now: http://www.myspace.com/jonhopkins

19. howyousawtheworld

By:howyousawtheworldMar 18, 2009

No! The intro of LIT (first 30 seconds or so) is sampled from a track Jon Hopkins did, once the dulcimer comes in THAT is Coldplay 100%.

20. Pseudonym

By:PseudonymMar 18, 2009
    Why She Loves Me?
    Coldplayer

The main song itself (LITii part) was written by Coldplay. The part that was written by Hopkins (for them, willingly given) was the intro part that was also used in The Escapist.