Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Life in Technicolor: what do you think?

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I cry everytime i hear it and it leaves me wanting more!!

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
I really like this opening.

Starting out very mellow, but then all the instruments kick in and the rest of the track becomes very upbeat. For me, it's a good song to start the album with.

I can't stop playing it :D

StarsKay

get inspired
Coldplayer
I really like this opening.

Starting out very mellow, but then all the instruments kick in and the rest of the track becomes very upbeat. For me, it's a good song to start the album with.

I can't stop playing it :D
completely agree.

i bought the album the day it was released here in australia and after i'd done my exam for the day, got home, put it into my computer, in went the earphones, then pressed play. this song is absolutely amazing. i cannot imagine it being anywhere else but the beginning of the album. it's melody is captivating and the vocals at the end is subtle and just right.

a perfect start to the album :)

procrastinator

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Beautiful in its simplicity.

Would've loved it if they'd developed it into a fully-fledged track with lyrics, but at least we get a return of the theme in "The Escapist". The perfect bookends.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I posted this in another 42 thread but, does anyone think the will lengthen and add lyrics to 42 once the "official" tour starts?

RICK8

A Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I like it,it's a good opener to the album!

Scribble127

hoppípolla
Coldplayer
LiT starts off slowly, but then simmers and boils into something so melodic and uplifting, climaxing with Chris' tribal call to arms. It feels like there is a song missing though... I don't think the introduction to CoL follows on very well.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
LIT is brilliant, but we should think of it as a prelude, the album REALLY starts at COL.

robins32

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
this song would be better if coldplay actually wrote it and didn't take it from jon hopkins

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
this song would be better if coldplay actually wrote it and didn't take it from jon hopkins
But remember that "light through the veins" didn't have the hammer-dulcimer, the guitar, the bass or the drums. After the first 45 seconds or so..it's all coldplay.

CPRani

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think this song is really great, couldn't imagine a better openingtrack for the album.

Fixed

Coldplayer
BBC Radio 2 just played Life In Technicolor! It sounds great on radio :D

robins32

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
But remember that "light through the veins" didn't have the hammer-dulcimer, the guitar, the bass or the drums. After the first 45 seconds or so..it's all coldplay.

are you kidding me? who cares? they took it from jon hopkins, plain and simple....and the fact that its also featured on the escapist makes it even worse..

RICK8

A Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
...oh and it plays again at the end of the album right?

melanieau

Coldplayer
I have loved this song since I first heard it...but only very recently have I actually heard the amazing drums that happen in this song. I don't know why it hit me like it did, but I was in the car the other day and this song came on and when I really heard the drums I was just blown away...amazing.

Fixed

Coldplayer
are you kidding me? who cares? they took it from jon hopkins, plain and simple....and the fact that its also featured on the escapist makes it even worse..
Are you kidding me?

RedGirl76

Hello.
Coldplayer
I love it, always have. They always know how to open an album!

Can't wait to hear the lyrics too!

Isab3lla

Bärmannen and cakes ♥
Coldplayer
Really good, but not the best.

A great intro for the album :) First I thought it was too short but it's ok (hopefully, we will hear the full version someday :rolleyes:)