Let's Choose A Song For The Tour!

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If you've listened to Chris and Jonny's interview with Jo Wiley, you would of heard Chris talk about letting fans suggest tracks for the AHFOD tour. Someone from Bolton requesting Spies because their dad was a spy (example Chris actually said :p)

Now, as we are all fans with different opinions, if we were all given a choice, we'd probably come up with at least 20 different songs between us. What I suggest is choosing one song between us all! Might take a long while and it's not gonna be easy but that's ok, we have plenty of time!

We will probably have to wait some time in order to know how we communicate this (Maybe they'll have something at each venue, on an app or on Twitter, who knows) but we will have our plan ready ;) The plan you might ask? The plan is to make a certain song the most requested, so even if it's a never played before B-side, it has a good chance of debuting. Many of their old regulars are awesome but wouldn't it be perfect if the song had never been played before? Coldplay history right there! The band might be reluctant to play it straight off the bat, without practicing it first but that's where persistence is important, as it may take a certain length of time to succeed. With the size of these forums and CPing's following on FB/Twitter/Insta, we can get thousands of fans involved with this project and make it happen!!!

So, more specific details for how you can get involved in the future but to start off this thread, please post your preferred song choice. We'll do something like an elimination game over time to narrow down the choices. Early days still.

Here are some points you may want to consider:

• Picking a song that's never been played at a live concert before (or not for a very long time). You can choose anything you like though, it's all up to whatever is most popular. I would say it's a missed opportunity going for a song like Green Eyes (just as an example), when it was played last year.
  • Risk factor. We may automatically go for a rare, never played before B-side but there's also a chance they'll never play it, even if there's loads of requests. High risk also comes with a high reward.
  • Too unpopular. You know Bucket For A Crown / their 'least popular' B-sides are never gonna be agreed on as a top choice!
  • You can't choose Talk - A certain Mr Berryman doesn't like that one :p

Coldplay Tracks Never Performed Live:

Can someone pull this from an older thread please (or list them if you know them by heart).

I can think of a few obvious ones straight away.

Soundchecked: Crests Of Waves, Prospekts March and Twisted Logic

Never heard: I Ran Away, Things I Don't Understand, A Spell A Rebel Yell

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well my go-to song that I always said I would want to hear live is Talk, but seeing that Guy doesnt like that one, I'd have to go with something like The World Turned Upside Down or I Ran Away

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Wow didnt take long for a thread like this to appear LOL

Ok personally if they put this dream box up I am gonna go in there and request Green Eyes hands down, however for this thread as we are aiming for a song never played or something my vote goes then to Up with the Birds. (not sure if it has been played but even so i dont think very often!)

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'll say Prospekt's March. It's a great song and even though we have footage of them playing it on rehearsals it could be great to hear it in the actual concert. Plus is one of my favorite songs from the Viva era!

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'll say Prospekt's March. It's a great song and even though we have footage of them playing it on rehearsals it could be great to hear it in the actual concert. Plus is one of my favorite songs from the Viva era!
That would be my second choice, along with I Ran Away.

First choice is Twisted Logic but will go with the consensus around here, after a bit more discussion :)

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Would love to see Yes and/or 42! For b-sides Crests of Waves would be awesome.

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
That would be my second choice, along with I Ran Away.

First choice is Twisted Logic but will go with the consensus around here, after a bit more discussion :)
I Ran Away is also a great song. It'll be so difficult to choose just one among those gems waiting to be played!

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
My Feet Wont Touch The Ground and Reign Of Love please!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
OMG. Please I Ran Away !!!! It has never been played live and it is my dream to hear it live once !!!

Mexima

Don Quixote
Coldplayer
Yes! The goldrush!
And these I would love to hear too :D Up with the birds, Prospekts march and U.F.O.!

Last edited:

jer123

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I Ran Away/Low or White Shadows would be awesome

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Every post mentioning I Ran Away will get a Like from me !!

#IRanAwayForAHFODTour !!!

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
Get I Ran Away pronto. And get them to belt out Twisted Logic. Also I've wanted to hear Moving To Mars and Such A Rush:D

#IRanAwayForAHFODTour

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
I Ran Away
Ghost Story
The Goldrush
Up With the Birds
The World Turned Upside Down
Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground

And bring back Politik!

Last edited: