Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

Kaleidoscope EP

Discussion in 'Kaleidoscope EP (2017)' started by guy42, Nov 11, 2016.

Share This Page

1. LeftrightleftArchi

By:LeftrightleftArchiMar 13, 2017
    You're a Sky Full of Stars
    Coldplayer

YES PLEASE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC01Coldplay likes this.
  2. MC01Coldplay

By:MC01ColdplayMar 13, 2017
    Livin' life in Technicolor
    Coldplayer

if i had to be honest, that's the direction I want Coldplay to go right now if they had to choose a new one.

just imagine Chris singing Bluish

3. strawberrytom

By:strawberrytomMar 14, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Ok so here's one and turns out it includes both lyrics! I realised that the video I had heard from before had only the updated version that I mentioned, I think it seems like they sang UATW with this extra bit each time they performed it during the AHFOD tour! It starts around the 2:25 mark

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAg0ln-MLE

msimo4, cp3176 and Hedwig like this.
  4. cp3176

By:cp3176Mar 16, 2017
    Up with the Birds
    Coldplayer

Nice find! Unfortunately would be hard to put into the studio version...

5. iSwin

By:iSwinMar 17, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Except... You did post about it.

On your own website.
    ~ 2 hours before Atlas posted a gif.

~ 2.5 hours before you publicly claimed how you hate people teasing, spoiling surprises / alluding to announcements.

You was our source.

Ouch.

The gif was kaleidoscopic - but that gif had no context & no factual information attached to it - unlike your post on this thread.

PS - Got screenshots too.

6. The Philosopher

By:The PhilosopherMar 20, 2017
    Science and progress
    Coldplayer

I'm wondering if there will be a hidden track.

7. jc90

By:jc90Mar 20, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp
    Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

Yeah, i guess he did post about it. But he did it in a much less assholey way.

He didnt claim how he hates people teasing, spoiling surprises / alluding to announcements. That was me, and I stand by it. Again, do it in a non assholey way.

That's nice that you have screenshots I guess

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    LeftrightleftArchi likes this.
  8. MC01Coldplay

By:MC01ColdplayMar 20, 2017
    Livin' life in Technicolor
    Coldplayer

eh. that's not really the biggest spoiler at all. i probably wouldn't have thought much more of it if Atlas hadn't posted the gif.

If we're being honest, Coldplay Brazil's twitter straight up said "thanks for spoiling the surprise" (paraphrased)

LeftrightleftArchi likes this.
  9. I ran away

By:I ran awayMar 20, 2017
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

Just to clarify - I know what is being referred to; there was indeed a tweet like that by Stephen's personal Twitter account which I saw too on that evening, after that whole Twitter conversation exacerbated a bit.
    But if I remember the events of that evening correctly, ALL three fan pages in question (Coldplaying, Atlas Project and Coldplay Brazil) made some kind of allusion to it, with Coldplay Brazil probably giving it away in the most direct way due to their Twitter conversation with "Insiders ?" and what not, LOL.
    And honestly, I personally don't mind it a single bit, none of the allusions.
    It increased the mystery, excitement and pleasant anticipation on that evening and the actual release of Hypnotised the following morning was still an awesome surprise ! Nobody knew about the actual content of the surprise, just that there might be one, which is not the same thing.
    So it would be a shame if different Coldplay fansites fight about this kind of thing now...
    Peace :blush:

10. jc90

By:jc90Mar 20, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

I see. Well, I dont follow his personal twitter (sorry Steph!), so i was out of the loop there.

Getting back to the gist of what i'm trying to say: stop teasing things in such a way that takes away most if not all of the surprise. but how do you do that jc90? well, Atlas had a pretty good idea by posting a random kaleidoscope gif thing. But to post JUST one after not really talking about KEP for a while; it was a dead give-away. If they were to post different kaleidoscope gif things spread over multiple week, that wouldve been perfect actually imo. Stephen's situation is a bit different in that he has to generate traffic to keep this site running. Atlas only mainly has twitter which he doesnt have to upkeep and whatnot. Not defending Stephen, i'm just more understanding of his situation. I don't follow the Brazil site, so I wont comment about it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  11. AMDB9

By:AMDB9Mar 20, 2017
    Staff Member Moderator Coldplayer

Let's just ignore this. The user who posted that is still holding a grudge I guess
    Different fan sites can do different things

12. iSwin

By:iSwinMar 21, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

There is no grudge & I'm happy to drop the debate - I just wanted to lay down the facts:

- There was no factual information shared on this topic from Atlas Project prior to the K-EP announcement.
    - There was factual information shared by Coldplaying's owner on this forum & Coldplay Brasil's twitter account prior to the K-EP announcement.

What's right or wrong, what's needed 'due to traffic', what's assholey (whatever you want to call it) or not - is certainly of your own entitled opinion.

But facts are facts - and I just wanted to clear up things from our side, which have seemingly helped inform a few people better of this particular scenario.

13. jc90

By:jc90Mar 21, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

Fair enough

14. vinny9

By:vinny9Mar 26, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

So it's been nearly a month since details were released about the Kaleidoscope Ep anyone expecting any changes to release and track listing?
    Would personally love a few additions to the Ep; Perhaps the acoustic version of HFTW that Chris and Jonny performed. Hymn for the Weekend (Acoustic loop edition). Know it wont happen but always dreamed of AOAL part 2. Also can we get individual forums for each song from the new EP going, to discuss expectations etc?

msimo4 likes this.
  15. jc90

By:jc90Mar 26, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

I dont think they'll be adding songs to KEP. I mean, they waited all that time to release some info already. They wouldn't have released the tracklist if they werent already 100% set on it. As much as i'd also be interested about HftW (Acoustic), I don't think its gonna happen.

I think individual forums for each song is crazy, even though we've done it in the past. Just have one subforum for the whole EP, not individual songs.

16. IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

By:IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8Mar 26, 2017
    A Sky Full Of Stars
    Coldplayer

I'm really excited for the new songs, and Miracles 2.

17. jc90

By:jc90Mar 26, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

im more curious about Miracles 2 than excited.

18. The Archer

By:The ArcherMar 28, 2017
    The True Golden Arrows
    Coldplayer

I just realized something. We need another hypnofeed!!! It's so fitting with how Kaleidoscopes are so "hypnotising". I stumbled upon Jon Bellion's behind the scenes videos and I just realized we've never actually seen the thought process of how the lads actually make music other than Chris stating it's just random and he or the other lads bring it to the rest of the band in interviews. It might be too late in the process, but it would be nice to see a behind the scenes of how songs get made.

msimo4, Gideon_Mx, chrimas4 and 2 others like this.
  19. I ran away

By:I ran awayMar 28, 2017
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

That would be so interesting to see, yeah...
    I have heard in the earlier times there were often snapshot or short videos from the studio in the waiting time between releases, it's really too bad they don't do that anymore.

Gideon_Mx and antdrew like this.
  20. jc90

By:jc90Mar 28, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

^agreed, I wish they would post more random BTS clips. But even during an era, the lads don't seem the type to tweet things, or post things. 'Cept maybe Chris, but I rather get some visual/audio things than his random music recommendations.