Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I am currently listening to....

M Marks The Spot

I could be a lost cause as well
Coldplayer
Either way, probably both. So much effort if you take it too far. A bit too much effort, when it's only a discussion really. Interesting to think about these things but it hurts both the brain and my hands.... We're like the opposite of most people on the Internet, looking for depth in conversations rather than keeping it short, concise, and to the point...

If you enjoy hard hitting, strictly electronic vibes for the most part, you'll like it. Expect melody here and there, but not a lot. Focus on the originality of the production, and it might be a bit more appealing to think that it's an album that took a bit of effort at least, to come up with a new sound by merging some influences that already existed and trying to come up with something new. Whether you like it or not, IMO it's an effort by Taylor Swift anyway to bring some originality to the table in terms of the music industry and the charts. Not many better than her to do it, since she's already famous and has had numerous Top 40 singles.

It's definitely a very unique album, but you might not think it to be that great.... To be honest a lot of the songs didn't impress me all that much besides the already released radio singles. It definitely all has a very cohesive, creative sound though. Nice to see her experimenting with different styles as she's done in this album with the harsher electronic overtones present. It's not for everyone though. Just like with all original/experimental music (here, experimental/industrial/trap electropop for the most part) it's simply something new she's trying and I'm sure she knows it won't be well recieved by everyone, as any might be. Although a lot of people might end up liking the sound, lots might not. It's hard to tell, that's simply the way experimental music works...

And, I don't blame you. Don't be pressured to come up with an extensive response just because I did. I did it to you, so it's fine you did it to me. I don't mind. I went into more detail here (again) just because I felt like it, I'm trying to keep my responses a bit more limited so I don't end up going on a huge off topic rant about music mainly but oh well. I think it's been working in my recent posts. Hopefully I don't get too off topic as I'm starting to do as I type right now... maybe I should just stop here. Lol
Firstly, I'm so sorry for replying late but I somehow happened to forget that you had already responded to my post. Secondly, they say "less is more". This might be surely true but running deep in a discussion is not wrong in my honest opinion if we're not off-topic. It can really help us when we're trying to get all the thoughts out of us at once keeping the continuity while commenting on a decided topic. It's not completely a bad way how to express ourselves and our points of view but every now and then it's tricky to decide what is actually appropriate to say over the airwaves. However, I'm not so positive whether the other visitors of these forums are interested in our discussion about something they might not take interest in. One ought to act as one wishes as happiness lies in your own hands.

Your more detailed description is making me want to check and listen to the Reputation album as soon as possible. I haven't still managed to make it happen that's why I believe I should come up with a plan to make time to give it a listen at long last because I've already kept putting it off for some time... I'd better reform myself! By the way, thank you for the delineation of Reputation.

Last Friday evening I was listening to a few new music releases and suddenly ran into a track by chance that's a bit older but the moment I heard it I knew I was about to like that recording artist! Thus, I looked for the other songs of by that singer and got hooked on the single with the music video that is quite entertaining to watch. :D

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
There’s this dude I know in real life and he just released a single that I’ve been enjoying the hell out of in the past few days. Check it out!
Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/UEGwlqVgfc8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've checked it out and I really like it because it sounds so raw which I believe it is in fact, isn't it? :D

@cp3176, I've just finished listening to the Reputation album... I LOVE THAT RECORD! Lord! Every single track from it is well-done and sounds really great and fantastic even though my problem is that it is very difficult to hum those melodies at least because of all the sound effects and filters, chopped parts, weird transitions etc. Otherwise, I didn't expect the songs to sound so modern and innovative but it seems that Taylor Swift is trying her best to bring new ideas to the table and change the music industry up. It is truly amazing to see her evolve artistically while staying true to herself and following her insticts. Definitely Reputation is one of the best LPs I've ever heard! Thank you for your recommendation. :)

Something kind of funny... Friday has got to be my favourite day of the week because most musicians and bands release their new stuff on the last weekday. It's a bang-up way how to start enjoying the weekend. :joy:
So, my newest revelation regarding a recording artist is Ciaran Lavery, an Irish singer-songwriter! Yesterday he debuted the first single "To Chicago" taken from his upcoming album Sweet Decay which is about to be dropped in April. I'm absolutely in love with this song since it's simple and really different from the music I've been listening to lately. Give it a chance!

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
I've checked it out and I really like it because it sounds so raw which I believe it is in fact, isn't it? :D

@cp3176, I've just finished listening to the Reputation album... I LOVE THAT RECORD! Lord! Every single track from it is well-done and sounds really great and fantastic even though my problem is that it is very difficult to hum those melodies at least because of all the sound effects and filters, chopped parts, weird transitions etc. Otherwise, I didn't expect the songs to sound so modern and innovative but it seems that Taylor Swift is trying her best to bring new ideas to the table and change the music industry up. It is truly amazing to see her evolve artistically while staying true to herself and following her insticts. Definitely Reputation is one of the best LPs I've ever heard! Thank you for your recommendation. :)

Something kind of funny... Friday has got to be my favourite day of the week because most musicians and bands release their new stuff on the last weekday. It's a bang-up way how to start enjoying the weekend. :joy:
So, my newest revelation regarding a recording artist is Ciaran Lavery, an Irish singer-songwriter! Yesterday he debuted the first single "To Chicago" taken from his upcoming album Sweet Decay which is about to be dropped in April. I'm absolutely in love with this song since it's simple and really different from the music I've been listening to lately. Give it a chance!

I know right! It's a fantastic album, I personally like a lot of Taylor Swift for a lot of the melodic aspects of her music but she's completely changed things up this time, and for the better. I can already start to see some influences this album is having on the mainstream........

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBd46BbdTfs

Heard this on Alt Nation the other day, thought it was a recently released song but I looked it up and it's actually from over a decade ago! Wow. A sound that's so ahead of it's time. It's not unimaginable that Coldplay might be heading this direction next with their music, that'd be great!

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I know right! It's a fantastic album, I personally like a lot of Taylor Swift for a lot of the melodic aspects of her music but she's completely changed things up this time, and for the better. I can already start to see some influences this album is having on the mainstream........

Heard this on Alt Nation the other day, thought it was a recently released song but I looked it up and it's actually from over a decade ago! Wow. A sound that's so ahead of it's time. It's not unimaginable that Coldplay might be heading this direction next with their music, that'd be great!
Wow I love MGMT and I'm going to see them in like two weeks

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer

Love these guys. They just released an album a few weeks that is my AOTY so far! Check out more of them, they’ve got great psychedelic synthpop vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
Its sad that in Portugal people dont care that much about music nor arts, its hard being a Portuguese musician
You tell me. My friend is starting his own band, and is getting 0 support. They are gonna release their own EP paid by theirselves (a little bit like Safety EP) and hope that a record company spots them. They are getting a couple gigs in local bars, but nothing much. I'm doing my job and help them what I can by sharing. They are really talented and can have a big future. The problem in new bands is to get out of the "unknown zone"... specially in Portugal...

The Philosopher

Science and progress
Coldplayer
This is spanish music, from a spanish singer that was the second classified years ago of a tv show aired in Spain called "Operación Triunfo (OT)", similar to tv shows like American Idol. It was the sixth edition. This is the first single from his new album. Let's see if you like it. I hope you do.

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
I'm enjoying a lot the B-sides from Currents, especially Taxi's Here and List of People. Kevin Parker is such a talented guy.

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
This is cool sounding. I'm definitely going to check out more by this artist--thanks for posting!
You're welcome! :) Actually, I've known about him for several months and I truly can't believe that he's going to release the debut album on Friday... I've been waiting so long for this to happen. :D