Guns - Sunset

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
I believe it's gonna be a shorter song., judging by the fast-paced vocals.

I still find it unfortunate they chose Orphans as their lead single though. This album is so hugely diverse and creative and inventive and yet they choose the ONE song that continues the sound from AHFOD as the first (and probably only) song casual listeners will encounter on the radio this era. That's tragic,
Not really. It makes perfect sense Orphans is the lead song as it’s the most commercially viable, i was stoked to hear it on a New Zealand radio station this morning, it just works and people love it.

Last edited:

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Arabesque is the b-side to Orphans which is a real shame.

Personally, I think that this album will not be very commercially/radio friendly and Orphans is sort of a token gesture to their label. At the end of the day, the record label see Coldplay as a massive cash cow and the “less pop” and more experimental they go (not to mention the political side that will alienate some people) and explicit content, Parlophone are probably worried it could damage Coldplay’s commercial providence.

I’m just trying to put Orphans to one side, I can put up with one MX style song if the rest sounds like Arabesque, Guns and Everyday Life.

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Arabesque is the b-side to Orphans which is a real shame.
I wouldn't classify Arabesques as a b-side as it appears on the album.

B-sides are songs not released on an album but exclusively to a single.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I wouldn't classify Arabesques as a b-side as it appears on the album.

B-sides are songs not released on an album but exclusively to a single.
Yeah you’re right but b-side means something completely different nowadays with the way music is released compare with physical vinyls years ago.

When I said b-side I meant it plays second fiddle to Orphans in the sense it wasn’t released as a stand alone single and was just “tagged” on to Orphans for marketing purposes.

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
Yeah you’re right but b-side means something completely different nowadays with the way music is released compare with physical vinyls years ago.

When I said b-side I meant it plays second fiddle to Orphans in the sense it wasn’t released as a stand alone single and was just “tagged” on to Orphans for marketing purposes.
A Partner Single, I call it.

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
Although I'm hoping Everyday Life gets a music video this week or weekend. If it doesn't. I will be disappointed and it is the second single, so why wouldn't there be a music video for it? I mean all 2nd singles from previous albums got videos, so why wouldn't Everyday Life get one.
PS: If this does happen, I won't understand it. It won't make any sense.

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
^ EL doesn't seem much like a traditional second single though (Disclaimer, I haven't actually listened to it). For one, aren't second singles usually released in-tandem with the full album? So you essentially get both on the same day, and the music video just functions as an extra bit of marketing.

Though this era has just been quite unique in general, so who knows what's going to happen *shrugs*

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
^ EL doesn't seem much like a traditional second single though (Disclaimer, I haven't actually listened to it). For one, aren't second singles usually released in-tandem with the full album? So you essentially get both on the same day, and the music video just functions as an extra bit of marketing.

Though this era has just been quite unique in general, so who knows what's going to happen *shrugs*
I see.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Arabesque counts as the first single too, just partnered up with Orphans.
I know, but if you look at casual listeners (all the people listening to Radio/TV for instance) Orphans is the single to have gotten the most airplay, a music Video, and a high-profile TV performance. Someone who does not follow Coldplay will never get to know Arabesque.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Not really. It makes perfect sense Orphans is the lead song as it’s the most commercially viable, i was stoked to hear it on a New Zealand radio station this morning, it just works and people love it.
Commercially viable for sure, and that word "commercial" is the key. Of course it's good for sales, but I was talking about Coldplay not showcasing their immense creativity and diversity to the general public.
If I were a casual listener or just a random radio listener with no particular interest in Coldplay, I would probably think "uh, more of the same".

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I know, but if you look at casual listeners (all the people listening to Radio/TV for instance) Orphans is the single to have gotten the most airplay, a music Video, and a high-profile TV performance. Someone who does not follow Coldplay will never get to know Arabesque.
I always thought Arabesque was released to please the oldplayers. Lol.

Jdckcom

Cold and Vicious
Coldplayer
Although I'm hoping Everyday Life gets a music video this week or weekend. If it doesn't. I will be disappointed and it is the second single, so why wouldn't there be a music video for it? I mean all 2nd singles from previous albums got videos, so why wouldn't Everyday Life get one.
I could be mistaken but I don't think the band announced "Everyday Life" as the second single off the album. In their website it only says that they, and I quote: "have made the track available to stream or download following their performance on Saturday Night Live".

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
I could be mistaken but I don't think the band announced "Everyday Life" as the second single off the album. In their website it only says that they, and I quote: "have made the track available to stream or download following their performance on Saturday Night Live".
well wiki has it has the second single. IE number 2, but overall 3rd.

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
Well things are certainly taking a turn! Looks like I might have to change the years on my signature!