Fix You organ sound

gabry1090

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
He bought a soundpack that I'm assuming was the one that Chris's piano is based on and he just transferred the sounds via MIDI/USB to the piano. That or he played it back on a computer.
Mmmm no. I sampled the sounds by myself from the instrumental version of the song. There are a lot of software to extract single notes from chords, search on google and you will find them. Then i made an instrument with ableton live sampler loading my own samples from the song. I use the piano as a midi keyboard to play ableton live on my computer.

Coldplayfan1294

Registered Coldplay Fan
Coldplayer
Yep, I'd say that's a 100% identical match to the organ in Fix You. Nice job man. It's amazing how technology has bled into the music world. Quite awesome that you were able to piece it together and extract notes like that. It must be a talent in itself? Is that difficult to do?

Coldplayfan1294

Registered Coldplay Fan
Coldplayer
I used Melodyne (Direct Note Acess) function to separate the notes but I used Logic Pro9 EXS24 sampler to sample the notes.
I got my hands on some official mastertracks from Coldplay songs whitch means that the keyboardparts, drumparts, vocalparts and guitarparts has been separated (this is no coverband or anything its the original tracks).

Here is a video where I explain how I did it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMDzQC0vA7w

Here is my cover of the song with som crowd sounds edited in:
The crowd is actually ripped from the end of the sound relief concert where Chris Martin runs out in the crowd and you just hear the crowd singing the chorus :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmZwNCvgaQg
Nice cover man, seriously. Enjoyed it. I thought I took my Coldplaying seriously, but you're on a whole other level lol. Like the equipment and how well you put that together. Nice singing too. I can't sing for shit. It's a shame too, because I generally want to sing, I don't like playing just instrumentals. Find it boring.

Lost Prospektor

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Since you sampled each note and have it saved, can you make available for download? It would greatly appreciated!! :)

Xylobryte7

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Can you upload the samples?? Thanks in advance :D
I have samples from an old logic file that I can upload. Don’t think I could properly sample the triton rack though. I’m not exactly the best with this stuff lol

claxson

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have samples from an old logic file that I can upload. Don’t think I could properly sample the triton rack though. I’m not exactly the best with this stuff lol
You can ask GABRY1090 how to do that. In this case it would be easier for you to sample that sound, because is the original one, and not a MELODYNE DNA extraction. ( with all respect to the people who did that tremendous job ).

CHEERS!

aaronm360

Up&Up
Coldplayer
If someone here could post a step by step guide of how to get the exact sound on the Triton Rack, that would be incredible. Now I think the secret is well and truly out:joy:

Xylobryte7

Up&Up
Coldplayer
You can ask GABRY1090 how to do that. In this case it would be easier for you to sample that sound, because is the original one, and not a MELODYNE DNA extraction. ( with all respect to the people who did that tremendous job ).

CHEERS!
I have the triton rack so don’t need the samples. If I knew how to sample it I would but don’t know how. But the logic file is a good alternative

WiPad2

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi there! The link for the Logic file does not work anymore. Can you please reupload the logic session? I really need that sound :)
Thanks in advance!