Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

First... and last Instrumental from Coldplay?

RunForTheHills

AKA Zemy101
Coldplayer
Well to celebrate this new section, let's kick it off with a new thread!

Do you think Coldplay will ever do an instrumental track like LIT again? Or will this be the last one for a long while yet?
Personally I hope they don't hesitate from trying more instrumental tracks in the future - they pulled this one off brilliantly :D

Discuss!

MasoKnight

Give me love over this...
Coldplayer
I'd love to see more instrumentals not only to start off an album but in the middle of albums as well. One of my biggest issues with X&Y was that instruments would build and build, but they would never get the spotlight because Chris would sing over them (What if, Low, for example). That problem has been corrected somewhat on VLV (The middle of 42, parts of DAAHF and Yes, and even going so far as to use Chris's voice as an instrument on Chinese Sleep Chant), but on the next album I'd like to see them extend this idea to full-fledged multi-minute instrumentals like Doves or The Flaming Lips might do.

I'd say they're heading in the right direction, though. And it's about time Coldplay's instruments start getting some attention.

Edit: And now that I see the poll choices, I'll add this. Instrumentals shouldn't be done just for the sake of being "musical" or "experimental". Life in Technicolor is a genuinely good and pleasing song, and it never feels like it's been added just to aim at some musical credibility.

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
LiT is so great..I really hope to hear more instrumentals :D

solarboy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can't believe they left is as an instrumental track. The reason being that the build in that song is incredible, and dare I say it, better than Where The Streets Have No Name. When the drums start bubbling in, you just sit there waiting for it to explode.

kasia87

Viva la Vida!
Coldplayer
I love "Life in technicolor." I thought that it really starts the flow for the rest of the album and I like that.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
no instrumentals in the next album, maybe farther down the road, but it would have to be far different from LIT.

R

REManic

I'ts beautiful and magic. I was just going to ask, is it their 1st instrumental song ever??

ØzzYCoHeN

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
maybe the next album can contain LIT with lyrics, and another instrumental song..
I just guess so :)

CPRani

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I love it the minute I started to listen to the CD! Great job by Coldplay!

RICK8

A Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
It was fantastic and they should do it again soon.

Open-Politik

Babe Im Gonna Leave You
Coldplayer
I think its brilliant but maybe if they do it again (and soon) it will seem tried and boring. Like its done it before. They kinda re-invented themselves with an instrumental but there gonna have to do something different. But in a few albums times it would be better not to. Just think 110 album songs and only one is instrumental. It just makes it that much more special.

Denise_1994

It was harmless..
Coldplayer
I really love Life In Technicolor, so I hope they will record an other instrumental track soon!

e!f

what if..
Coldplayer
absolutely

i agree, also i love clocks chinese version don't know did you listen it? it's an instrumental too

dkizzy

Thor - God of Thunder
Coldplayer
LiT is awesome, one of the best tracks on the album