Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Everglow

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
The new version is fantastic. Super glad they did this, though surprised there was no EP? Part of me misses some of the extra production--especially the cello on the album version. But this stripped version is so much more emotional...
I really hope they release a deluxe version of the album that features these extended speeches...I think Kaleidiscope would feel less weird if you included Charlie Chaplin @ the intro, then Muhammad Ali after Everglow, and more Obama!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Where is there a cello in the album version ?

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
After the second refrain, some extra bass kicks in with the piano and beat to create a really beautiful swell at about 2:15--dunno if that is actually cello, could be a bass effect or synths even, but it is gorgeous and all too short-lived.

Harondor

Aiming my arrows
Coldplayer
The new version is good but I prefer the album one. And I miss the "like a lion you ran, a goddess you rolled ...." part during the 1st verse

Last edited:

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Today is Thanksgiving in the US, and it's bringing back memories of last Thanksgiving when Everglow was played on Apple Radio. I remember sitting in my basement watching the Macy's Parade while hearing this song for the first time!