Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Everglow Music Video

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well, not their best, but its still good.....too bad we didnt get any of the footage filmed in Germany.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Still very elegant and matches the song well!

D

diogo_sg

Damn! I thought we were getting ice skaters with this video! Well, this version is quite charming, so I can't complain. It's also very dark, specially when you consider the style of this album and era.
But it's nice video.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Oh God, I'm not too big a fan of it to be honest. It's the most boring video ever...

Also, I feel sorry for the people who travelled to Hannover in the middle of the night back then to be in a freezing ice arena in the early morning....

1. "You're gonna see the band and be in their new video"
2. "Nope, the band is not coming but you'll be in their new video"
42. "Your footage was thrown into the bin, it's not gonna be anywhere, good day to you"

I'm disappointed right now and if I was one of those people in the ice arena I'd frankly be annoyed...

alicjanna

Whatcha say?
Coldplayer
Oh God, I'm not too big a fan of it to be honest. It's the most boring video ever...

Also, I feel sorry for the people who travelled to Hannover in the middle of the night back then to be in a freezing ice arena in the early morning....

42. "Your footage was thrown into the bin, it's not gonna be anywhere, good day to you"

I'm disappointed right now and if I was one of those people in the ice arena I'd frankly be annoyed...
I still can't believe how lucky I am that these air tickets to Hannover were so expensive... I'd be incredibly disappointed

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Hopefully we still will get that video like we got the extra one for VLV. Remember, this video says (Single Version) on it, so we could get another video for the album version!

Gideon_Mx

It's A Beautiful World
Coldplayer
I'm also not a big fan of it either. I was actually disappointed to see that they also scrapped Jonny's solo off the song. They shouldn't have done that.
I think it would've been better if Jonny just played his solo in the video. (I prefer not to see Chris performing this alone)
But they at least have put Mohammed Ali in it. Not that I am a big fan of his but this shows how much respect they have for him and that's nice.

We'll get the Everglow video anyway, right?

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It's good but I'm disappointed as well. I wanted to see the ice skaters. moreover where is the rest of the band. That’s the reason I don't completely like this version of the song.

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
I'm also not a big fan of it either. I was actually disappointed to see that they also scrapped Jonny's solo off the song. They shouldn't have done that.
I think it would've been better if Jonny just played his solo in the video. (I prefer not to see Chris performing this alone)
But they at least have put Mohammed Ali in it. Not that I am a big fan of his but this shows how much respect they have for him and that's nice.

We'll get the Everglow video anyway, right?
i was sad not to see Jonny too :(
but it makes sense since this is clearly a recording of Chris recording his performance... trippy :p

gai

the video is beautiful in it's simplicity. and great to see the actual vocal recording footage. missing jonny and his solo though.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
the video is beautiful in it's simplicity. and great to see the actual vocal recording footage. missing jonny and his solo though.
Perfectly said

karvi22

Coldplayer for life.
Coldplayer
I actually prefer the original version... this song is wonderful in that way, with all that awesome sound effects, the chorus, etc. I also think this video is a little bit boring. However, it's always a pleasure to see my dear Chris singing and playing the piano like an angel haha

Osaka Sun

mylo xyloto
Coldplayer
it reminds me alot of the style of the videos from the live 2003 dvd

Stephie

My heart is my gun
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Damn, I wanted to see what they made out of the ice-skaters! Despite gruelling cold and boredom it looked potentially nice.

Did they scrap it just because we fell asleep on the side ranks? :D

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Its meh.... Like most things with Coldplay it feels like a PG rated version of something else--in this case Nick Cave's most recent album/dvd which is all performed live in black/white or those videos from Radiohead recently. Adding Jonny would have made it a lot better. Do love the Ali inclusion though, that's the best part easily.

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
Please forgive my ignorance on what the ice skaters is all about. I've been away from the forums lately and must have missed something. Can someone please attach a link that explains that? thank you!