Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Confirmed Australian Tour: Feb/March 2009

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I'll add the petition to the main news tomorrow (or tonight for you in Aus) :)

teenage.revolution.x

look at the stars.
Coldplayer
Actually get off Perth for a second dude, we have a higher population here and out of all 5 of the major Australian cities, Adelaide has the lowest population.

From a tour promoters and scheduling point of view makes perfect sense.
yeah, but you think of it from a point in that to get to perth, you may as well stop over in adelaide, seeing as its pretty much on the way.

and i'm not criticizing perth, as i know people who give me shit about being from adelaide, it's just really.. annoying.

Jayzo

♥ under the Osaka ☀
Coldplayer
Oh I see fair enough. Well, hopefully the petition works then :(.

teenage.revolution.x

look at the stars.
Coldplayer
^thanks, i'm hoping it will make a difference, as this is what happened last time in 06, they weren't planning on coming to adelaide, but then after an official petition was made, they put on an adelaide concert.

Zeya

Not a true fan
Coldplayer
woooohooooooOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!

so actually..what are we supposed to do?
how to register to visa entertainment?
and when can we secure the seating position?

i'm sooo exciteddddd!!

coldplay <3

Chris Martin (L)
Coldplayer
Are the tickets $145 or was that just a rumor?
i seriously don't care how much they are i would pay $1000 to see them
i just need to plan it, gah!
CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
coldplay <3, I totally agree! I am so excited to see them, I'd pay anything.

It does suck about the Adelaide 'snubbing' -- I would be mortified if they skipped Melbourne (of course, that's very unlikely, but you understand my point...) -- you get yourself hyped up, and then this happens? Not. Cool. :(

I really hope the petition works for you guys. If it was successful in '06, I think you might have a fairly good chance at changing some minds... ;)

Focusing of ticket prices/ seating arrangements -- please! Hurry up and release it all. I want to know the seating set-up and cost for Rod Laver Arena. We need to be informed. Anyone want to make an educated guess as to when we'll be privy to that information?

I understand the estimated ticket price was around $145 for GA, and that Reserved Seating was said to be just under the $100 mark...? Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

:D:D:D

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
yeah, but you think of it from a point in that to get to perth, you may as well stop over in adelaide, seeing as its pretty much on the way.

and i'm not criticizing perth, as i know people who give me shit about being from adelaide, it's just really.. annoying.

and thats why Adelaide was skipped as far as I could make out from reading the articles. the dates they could have done adelaide as a stop-over didn't fit with the venues availability.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Coldplay Announce ‘Viva La Vida’ Australian Tour

Chugg Entertainment today confirmed that Coldplay would return to Australia next February on their “Viva La Vida” tour, in support of their new album of the same name.

In a rare move for the Australian market, Coldplay will go on-sale with two shows in each of the East Coast cities to ensure as many tickets as possible are made available to meet the demand that was set the last time they toured.

The four-city jaunt will kick off on Friday 27 February at the Burswood Dome in Perth, travel to Melbourne for two shows on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 March, and then move on to Brisbane at the Entertainment Centre on Sunday 8 and Monday 9 March. The tour finishes up at Sydney’s Acer Arena on Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 March.

On their last concert tour of Australia in June 2006, Coldplay sold out a total of ten arenas shows, playing to more than 100,000 people, garnering rave reviews and leaving rapturous fans in their wake.

For all shows, a special Visa Entertainment pre-sale starts at 9am local time on Thursday 27 November; tickets go on sale to the general public via Ticketek on Thursday 4 December. Ticket details are available at www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849.

In time for the anticipated tour announcement, EMI has just yesterday released Coldplay’s Viva La Vida - Prospekt’s March edition. The two-disc deluxe package includes Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, the band’s fourth full-length album, plus a brand new EP entitled Prospekt’s March. The EP, which will also be for sale separately, includes six recently-completed songs that the band had begun recording during the Viva La Vida sessions and brand new versions of two album tracks – Lost + (featuring Jay-Z) and Lovers in Japan (Osaka Sun mix). Viva La Vida was released in June 2008 and went on to chart at No. 1 in 36 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia.

Coldplay – ‘Viva La Vida’ Tour Dates

Friday 27 February - Perth, Burswood Dome
Tuesday 3 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
Wednesday 4 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
Sunday 8 March - Brisbane, Entertainment Centre
Monday 9 March - Brisbane, Entertainment Centre
Wednesday 11 March - Sydney, Acer Arena
Thursday 12 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Tickets for all shows on sale 9am, Thursday 4 December through Ticketek: www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849.

Go to: www.chuggentertainment.com / www.coldplay.com / www.musichead.com.au

http://tangledmagazine.com/music/coldplay-announce-viva-la-vida-australian-tour

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Hi guys!

I'd like to fly down to Australia next year for the concerts. I don't think I can drag any of my friends along; I don't know anyone as crazy over Coldplay as me :\ I was hoping if I could meet up with some Coldplayers here for the concert (and maybe some stalking if you're up to it :nice:).

I don't have much leave (or money :p), so I'd prob be going for 1 or 2 gigs only. So would anyone be so nice as to guide me around your city?

Samiya

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey!

I really want to go to the concert on the 11th or the 12th doesnt really bother me HOWEVER i would really like to purchase presale tickets but i dont know how to get the PRE-SALE CODE or where to get it from....

Does anyone know where and how i can get the code for the pre-sale on thursday??
PLEASE!

thnx =)

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
but a dream, which Australian city are you planning on coming over to?

Samiya, there isn't a code per-say; you need a VISA Card to participate in the pre-sale (keep in mind it is an internet pre-sale), so I'm assuming it's basically first in, best dressed...

...you use the VISA Card to purchase your tickets; whether you're successful or not relies on the fact of how many tickets they are releasing, and how quickly they go.

So really, you just need to have your Internet Page & VISA ready and waiting for the 9.00a.m pre-sale. Hope that clears things up a bit -- and Good Luck. :D

Samiya

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh okay,

Well i have a VISA card so that's all i need i guess..

I thought i needed a pre-sale code as i needed one for the Kings Of Leon concert!
Thank you very much for replying!

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
No problem -- glad I could help out. :D

I would also suggest keeping an eye on the Ticketek site; just in case further details/instructions/changes are released -- it is possible that a code is needed to complete the transaction, so be sure to have all bases covered! ;)

We're still wating on official ticket prices, seating arrangements etc., so I'm assuming that clearer instructions will be made available in the next couple of days...

-liams-

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hi, does anyone know anything about the quality of the pre-sale tickets?
I'm just wondering if I'm better off waiting until the general release to get them
I guess if it's GA then it doesnt matter, but if it's fully seated i want to get the best seats possible of course
Anyone booked a pre-sale before?

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Not sure. Details will be released by the 27th I expect. If it's all seated there will be uproar however.

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
-liams-, I think it's a pretty fair bet to say that it will be a limited assortment of both GA and Reserved Seating.

The best thing you can do is get on the Ticketek site ASAP (when full details are released) and see whats on offer.

I haven't purchased Pre-Sale tickets before, so that's all I have to offer. :)

Best of luck to you... :D

StarsKay

get inspired
Coldplayer
Can they just release the prices already?! Honestly, releasing this news a few days before the pre-sale date and not including pricing is kinda ridiculous. I mean people need to have fair warning etc. Anyway, what's done is done - I just wanna know how much we're talking here. Last Aus concert, the Brisbane tickets were $130 I think. A fair price I suppose so I'm hoping they don't push it beyond $150 because that would definitely be ridiculous lol.

^^ I was wondering about the pre-sale code too since that's how they conducted it last time though what was written ^ is pretty spot on, you just need a Visa card. It's going to be a mad rush on Thursday, I can feel it already! :O

StarsKay

get inspired
Coldplayer
Are the tickets $145 or was that just a rumor?
i seriously don't care how much they are i would pay $1000 to see them
i just need to plan it, gah!
CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
haha, ok I love Coldplay, but I wouldn't pay a grand to see them. Maybe if I'd never seen them before but even then, I would've needed to be severly CP deprived or something lol. Though like you, I can't wait either :cool:

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
but a dream, which Australian city are you planning on coming over to?
Any city, really.

I've visited all 4 cities before, but I'm the most familiar with Sydney. But if I can find a Coldplayer to meet up in whichever city, I would most likely head down to that one.