Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

Coldplaying's history

Discussion in 'Coldplaying.com' started by msimo4, Jan 24, 2017.

Share This Page

1. jc90

By:jc90Mar 19, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    A Herp Full Of Derp
    Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

holy crap, I remember seeing your username around, for sure.

2. I ran away

By:I ran awayMar 19, 2017 at 6:55 PM
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

So are you Ian's wife ? :)

3. coldplayisawesome

By:coldplayisawesomeMar 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM
    Maybe I'm a ghost
    Coldplayer

it's so nice to see you around! hope you are all doing well :D

4. Captain Crieff

By:Captain CrieffMar 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM
    drinking pink rabbits
    Staff Member Moderator Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

:surprised: it's the original Mrs Coldplaying!

msimo4 likes this.
  5. jc90

By:jc90Mar 19, 2017 at 11:02 PM
    A Herp Full Of Derp
    Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

Grovel, everyone! GROVEL!

6. alisbe

By:alisbeMar 20, 2017 at 8:15 AM
    Life has a beautiful crazy design
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

Awesome idea to create this thread!

I finally know why Jonny loves cake! :joy:

My life in coldplaying is short and I've been a coldplayer for 5 years but I remember some moments.

I remember reading the post the coldplaying founder wrote to say goodbye to the site. I just thought how sad it was for his team to leave a site they had for 14 years but I didn't pay to much attention to it. Then I saw Mark's first article introducing himself as the new owner but wasn't relevant for me at all. Coldplaying was just my source of information, I wasn't into downloading files or talking to people on the Internet. I thought that's just for crazy fans who doesn't have anything else to do, and now here I am... :eyes:

Later I created my account on March 22, 2014. I think I wanted to get some information that was only available for members. I don't remember when I wrote my first post but since then I've felt so welcomed to this community. I've taken part in a couple of new projects that new members might not know: coldplaying listening party, coldplaying chorus (up&up cover) and #IRanAwayLive2016, I never imagined myself recording my voice to make a cover of Coldplay songs. And, as someone said my level of English has improved and I've said thanks for helping me.

Some of the things you've mentioned like the project postcards from faraway and the Christmas Lights video are familiar to me. Now that I think about it I believe I discovered coldplaying because I read about this site on Coldplay's official website! It's amazing that Coldplay has a great relationship with this fansite. I remember reading those articles about #coldplayingaskscoldplay getting a huge smile on my face and receiving the best Christmas present from coldplaying and Coldplay in the form of an interview done by @Batman !

I can't believe The Oracle is part of the history of Coldplay now, it doesn't seems it was too long ago. I loved reading all those answers and I even took part in the team oracle questions and answers and I got a birthday present from her, not a physical one though. I asked her to share with me a pic from England and she share one from a photoshoot in Blackpool in 2000. 

This is recent but the discussion on the AHFOD album thread "divided" coldplayers into Oldplayers, newplayers, allplayers (haha) and goldplayers (? lol)

I don't have anything new to add. I'm pretty much a new member here, however I can say that I discovered a lot of information about the band here. I love reading all those articles and threads getting to know the stories each one have shared. The forums might have changed in terms of design but I can say that it's the same in terms of the kindness and support each member has brought here. It’s awesome to meet people from all over the world and to share our thoughts after a new song is released, listening to a livestream from a different time zone or watching a concert

And don’t forget the :awesome: emojis :vuvuzela: I hope they get back soon!

7. msimo4

By:msimo4Mar 22, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    GS era fan, wishing to have been an MX era fan...
    Coldplayer

Wow that's been quite a few posts for the past couple of days all of a sudden! Wasn't really expecting that, but I see that this thread is currently the 7th most viewed thread on the forums with 523 views! Thanks guys, that's awesome!
    Hehe, thanks for your story and welcome back! This is kinda why I made this thread, because even though a lot of people might not come back to this place, I know that in the past and even now it holds a lot of special memories in people's lives that they'll never forget, and that it's so special if we can look at the history of it. Do you still follow the band, or are still a fan?
    Yeah, this thread has been a tad dead since a few months or so but I've fairly recently seen a lot of views on here, which is awesome.

Thank you and that's awesome, are you Ian's wife as someone suggested!? That's so cool, I love that you're here now! I absolutely wish I could've experienced the band's history like you have, thanks for contributing. Also, who is/was "Mich"?

Thank you so much! I too wish the Oracle would come back, I'm a GS era fan and loved reading through answers when I was just starting out as a fan. I remember when they finished with the GS website, and then put in the Timeline, and then put in the new AHFOD website. Even though the Oracle now exists in Twitter form, they're barely active now. I really hope that they bring it back sometime soon, or in the next incarnation of the website, when the LP8 era begins! I wonder if they stopped it because it was too hard and they couldn't manage it anymore...

8. Christa42

By:Christa42Mar 22, 2017 at 1:19 PM
    Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
    Staff Member Moderator

Jen!!!!! so glad you posted here and in the pink font! remember i used to post in the blue font? Thank you again for everything and for posting these memories. I still cant believe how big the kids are now. We had some drama but we had some great times too with such a cast of characters. I'll have to sit down and recall my early beginnings here, so many good memories and so many good friends made :heart::x&y::viva::parachutes::mylo:

coldplayisawesome and msimo4 like this.
  9. msimo4

By:msimo4Mar 22, 2017 at 1:39 PM
    GS era fan, wishing to have been an MX era fan...
    Coldplayer

Aww this is the sweetest. This is what I wanna achieve with this thread!

Christa42 likes this.
  10. Christa42

By:Christa42Mar 22, 2017 at 3:19 PM
    Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
    Staff Member Moderator

Excited to read everyone's posts

coldplayisawesome likes this.