Welcome to Coldplaying!

The sun and the moon...Solar eclipse...1919...Coldplay? Discuss Coldplay's upcoming album and all the theories on Coldplaying! سلام و حب

SignUp Now!

Coldplay - UK Tour Date Changes - CONFIRMED BY ANCHORMAN, DETAILS ADDED

mc_squared

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
wOOt,gates opened at 19:00 with Albert coming to stage at 20:10 and Coldplay 21:30

the time on ticket usually means the gate opening
No it doesn't. It's the start time, and normally it says "Doors open at...................."
That's why this is rather confusing.
They should make it a bit clearer.

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Newsreel: Four UK shows moved
October 3, 2008 1:37 pm
Gigs in Sheffield, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester rescheduled

Good afternoon. Due to scheduling reasons beyond Coldplay's control, some dates on the UK tour have had to be repositioned. The dates which have moved are as follows...

- Dec 7th show in Sheffield will now take place on Nov 29th
- Dec 5th show in Glasgow will now take place on Dec 9th
- Dec 10th show in Liverpool will now take place on Dec 7th
- Dec 18th show in Belfast will now take place on Dec 23rd

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this rescheduling. Refunds are available at point of purchase but all original tickets are fully valid for the rescheduled date. We hope we'll still see you all there.

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=148

warby

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
VERY UNHAPPY

Was going to the SECC on the 5th, is Girlfriends birtday have book flights from London and Hotels which are not refundable, what sort of scheduling problem is beyond their control. I go to a lot of concerts and fair enough the odd one has been moved due to illness. I think this shows a total lack of respect for paying fans. I can not go on the 9th either, so cheers guys, Just broke the new to the other half and she is well F**** off.

Warby
:-(

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
did you take insurance on the flights & hotels? Would be worth contacting them to see if you can claim the money back. (i know travelodge for example, offers insurance for £1 when you make a booking)
I know its not the same as going to the concert, but would be better if you don't lose out financially as well.

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So do these early times mean the support will actually come on at 6.30pm? That's mega-early for an evening gig!!
Early doors doesn't always mean early support, sometimes the people try and get you into the venue a few hours before the support is due on, in order for you to purchase overpriced food/drink ;)

Coldplay don't care about their UK fans.

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Coldplay don't care about their UK fans.
that's a very harsh statement. particularly when the timings were the same for Take That at the MEN. i would say its more that the arenas are out for as much money as they can get.

warby

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
did you take insurance on the flights & hotels? Would be worth contacting them to see if you can claim the money back. (i know travelodge for example, offers insurance for £1 when you make a booking)
I know its not the same as going to the concert, but would be better if you don't lose out financially as well.
No, I am afraid no insurance. I would like a reasonable explanation as to why they changed the dates, I am not sure what "beyond the bands control" means.

Looks like we will be going to Glasgow but not seeing Coldplay. Not a happy fan, seen them dozen plus times, so thanks guys for spoiling a weekend and wasting my hard earned cash.

Warby

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
don't think you'll get any other explanation. they're not going to rat on any suppliers who may have screwed it up for them. can't see them being happy with this either, having to change 4 dates means they're left with the chance of lots of empty seats

warby

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
don't think you'll get any other explanation. they're not going to rat on any suppliers who may have screwed it up for them. can't see them being happy with this either, having to change 4 dates means they're left with the chance of lots of empty seats
Empty seats I doubt, just check ebay the "reschduled" dates are already on sale at much inflated prices! I am sure a lot of people who can't go will re-sell on ebay.

I think it is unlikely a supplier has let them down, more likely the band or band member has made a commitment that required the schedule change. The band are going to be in the UK for all the dates, the tour kit will all be here, the venues were booked so what caused this "reschedule" ? I really hope it is not something to do with the band, because if it is it shows a total lack of respect for the UK fans who made them what they are.

Cheers
Warby

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
it would also show a lack of respect for their roadies. the changes now mean that they have to move the set an extra two times. the expense of moving all that lot, on top of the extra work involved, plus the bad press.....
its not the sort of decision you take lightly, or if you can find any other way round it

Alan68

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can sympathise with Warby on this one. I got a friend in Glasgow to get me tickets as I was travelling from Ireland for the gig and making a weekend of it. The Tuesday is no use to me and I will lose money on flights and accommodation. Only chance is some kind person willing to swap Saturday tickets but have a feeling I am wishing for the moon.
Been looking forward to this for months, now not only missing the gig but well out of pocket too.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
All I can suggest is keep trying the live threads here and post your requirements regularly. Coldplaying is here to help :)

mizfiesta

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh My Gawd!

I have tickets for Coldplays December 5th gig at Glasgows SECC - and I've just stumbled upon information on their official website that it's been rescheduled to Tuesday the 9th! I had no idea! Thank gawd I went on their site. I originally went on to see if there was any mention of a support act on that night. :embarassed:

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
I have tickets for Coldplays December 5th gig at Glasgows SECC - and I've just stumbled upon information on their official website that it's been rescheduled to Tuesday the 9th! I had no idea! Thank gawd I went on their site. I originally went on to see if there was any mention of a support act on that night. :embarassed:
did the agent you bought the tickets from not send you any info. that's how we found out before it was officially announced. ticketmaster emailed fans who'd bought tickets from them advising they would need to send back any tickets they already received.

mizfiesta

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Point of purchase

No I didn't receive any notification as I had bought the tickets from a seller on ebay. I would think twice about buying tickets from ebay again. If I had have bought them from ticketmaster, then at least I would have been notified. I emailed the ebay seller who sold me them as I thought he should bear some responsibility for informing me of these changes. He must have been informed from whereever he bought them from (Ticket Scotland I think). He is a big ticket seller on ebay not just an individual selling a couple of spare tickets. I even asked for a partial refund from him but he just replied that the tickets were still valid and he wasn't informed either. I still think he should have done something as a goodwill gesture? :embarassed:

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
No I didn't receive any notification as I had bought the tickets from a seller on ebay. I would think twice about buying tickets from ebay again. If I had have bought them from ticketmaster, then at least I would have been notified. I emailed the ebay seller who sold me them as I thought he should bear some responsibility for informing me of these changes. He must have been informed from whereever he bought them from (Ticket Scotland I think). He is a big ticket seller on ebay not just an individual selling a couple of spare tickets. I even asked for a partial refund from him but he just replied that the tickets were still valid and he wasn't informed either. I still think he should have done something as a goodwill gesture? :embarassed:
have a rummage on ebay terms & conditions. they may be able to help out.

has the seller sent you tickets which are valid for the new date?

mizfiesta

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The seller just told me that the original tickets he sent out to me (obviously with the original date of 5/12/08) would still be valid and accepted when I turn up at the venue on Tuesday 9th. I'm going to be on tenterhooks though in case they aren't. :embarassed:

scusi

So I waited for you.
Coldplayer
You could try ringing the venue, he may be right and they are just using the original tickets. That happened to us about 100 years ago when we were going to see Roxy Music. Bryan Ferry was ill with a bad throat and the concert was rescheduled about 4 months later but we just used the same tickets.

mizfiesta

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Tonites the nite

Well, tonight is the nite of the rescheduled Coldplay concert at the SECC. I am sooooo excited! I'm 99 per cent sure the tickets will be fine and I'll get in ok but I'll not be happy till I'm in my allocated seat. So looking forward to seeing the boys. This is my first Coldplay concert. I'm going to have to have a glass of wine to calm myself down before I go! Keep your fingers crossed for me. x :D