= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

doritji

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I remember you saying. I think what you should do in that case is keep the acetate, along with all your other CP vinyl. Think about selling your CDs if you're ready, but you'll kick yourself if you let something go that you really want.

Oh, and let me know if you're getting rid of any CDs :)
Well I AM actually selling some CD's. Not actively, but if anyone inquires about them, I tell them they're for sale :p So if you're interested in any of them, let me know :)

Coldplayer
I haven't picked up much over the past year either, but I'd keep your acetates. I feel the same way, though. I've been tempted to sell some chunks and pieces, but if I eventually do, I'm sure ill keep my acetates, my safety and my blue room/shiver pack. They all were tough finds, and I think I'd feel sad to part with them. :-(

LARD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Which is the blue room/shiver pack? I don't remember seeing that one!

doritji

Coldplayer
I haven't picked up much over the past year either, but I'd keep your acetates. I feel the same way, though. I've been tempted to sell some chunks and pieces, but if I eventually do, I'm sure ill keep my acetates, my safety and my blue room/shiver pack. They all were tough finds, and I think I'd feel sad to part with them. :-(
Well this one wasn't a hard find at all actually :p I just saw it, and bought it, even though I wasn't sure it was real at that time (it literally was a steal :p ).

I'm just such a fan of vinyl that I want to keep my vinyls, especially Don't Panic and VLVODAAHF promo 12". But it is a really good price I think. And one day I'll just probably store them in my attic...Maybe 50 euros more would convince me :p

Coldplayer
Which is the blue room/shiver pack? I don't remember seeing that one!
Hey, it was a French press/promo release. There's a folder and when opened, there's a slot on each side, one for the Blue Room and one for a Shiver promo. Tried to find a photo, but I must've deleted it out of my photobucket account. Can upload one Monday, if you're interested. I've found it listed in a few places, but have only ever found the one for sale. This is it http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=162016, but there's no photo.

doritji, that makes sense :). I'd probably consider it for that price too! Even thou I've ebbed my purchasing, I don't quite have the heart to sell any piece...though its a little tempting, sometimes. I'm scared I'd regret it. :-(

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
I agree with everyone in suggesting to not seel that acetate, or you should at least be 1000% sure that you won't regret it in the future

I haven't bought anything but the RSD 7" too, and just because it was a vinyl and easy to find..

LARD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The poll (from another merged thread) is gone... thanks Ian!

Spacejam

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anyone else here have a problem with their Coldplay Singles 7" vinyl box set where Speed of Sound has no label saying which side X is on? I mean it has a b-side label on both sides. It's no big deal since I can tell by the groves which side is which. In other words, this is the label on both sides.

LARD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well I'm afraid I don't have it, but I just wanted to say that the regular non-boxset release I have is fine. I seem to remember some other complaints on Amazon UK about the manufacturing of this boxset though.

thetelephoneline

Flying Dutchman
Coldplayer
Doesn't Don't Panic 7'' from the boxset have the print from the original 12'' release? there are several mistakes on the 7'' box which is pity..

Linus

Forever in Coldplay history
Coldplayer
Does anyone else here have a problem with their Coldplay Singles 7" vinyl box set where Speed of Sound has no label saying which side X is on? I mean it has a b-side label on both sides. It's no big deal since I can tell by the groves which side is which. In other words, this is the label on both sides.

mine says X1 Speed Of Sound on the other side, so it might just be a mistake on one disc... I love having them on my shelf so i can see them every day though, cause i can't even listen to them :p

weihun

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I recently bought a signed copy of parachutes from this seller. Here's another signed coldplay cd of his for sale. The signatures didn't quite match the other pictures I found online. What do you guys think?

ebay.com/itm/Here-we-have-a-hand-signed-Cold-play-CD-insert-Yellow-/230969136402?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV&hash=item35c6d55512

thetelephoneline

Flying Dutchman
Coldplayer
Brothers and Sisters
the Blue Room EP
Acoustic
Yellow
Shiver
Parachutes
Parachutes - 12''
Trouble
Don't Panic - Speciale Nederlandse editie
In My Place
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
A Rush Of Blood To The Head - 12''
the Scientist
Clocks
Clocks - Limited Dutch 3CD
Live 2003
Speed Of Sound 2x
Speed Of Sound - 10''
X&Y
X&Y - Special Dutch Edition
X&Y - 12''
Fix You
Talk
Talk - DVD single
Talk - Limited Dutch 3CD
Talk - 7''
Violet Hill
Violet Hill - 7''
Viva La Vida
Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends 2x
Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends - 12''
Lovers In Japan
Life In Technicolor II
Life In Technicolor II - 7''
Viva La Vida Prospekts March Edition
Prospekts March EP
Lost+
Leftrightleftrightleft
Strawberry Swing
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - 7''
Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto - 12''
Charlie Brown
Live 2012
Hurts Like Heaven - 7'' (RSD)

SprayCanSoul

Podge
Coldplayer
Anyone know any places where I might pick up Viva La Vida LP Promo apart from EBay,
I know there extremely rare, but determined to get my hands on one. Cheers !

thetelephoneline

Flying Dutchman
Coldplayer
Anyone know any places where I might pick up Viva La Vida LP Promo apart from EBay,
I know there extremely rare, but determined to get my hands on one. Cheers !
Discogs maybe, I rarely see them even overthere. I really want the Viva La Vida promo CD, the white one. just so beautiful!