Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

jeremyy

Up&Up
Coldplayer
did you ever see Gwyneth Paltrow's picture in las vegas show?? or in a video?

Crystaline

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is like watching a car crash in slow motion. Poor Chris...I bet they sprung that on him . kanye is a total prick and douchebag. I hate him. I can't believe I bought his music. Arrogant ****.
He may be arrogant, but his music backs it up.

Lovers in NYC

Lovers in NYC
Coldplayer
I saw his eyes when he leaned in towards me before and after he came back out. Something was definitely up.

And ya I always try to get a pic with Chris in the background, but literally every time he saw my friend trying to take a pic, he would turn around. People next to us even commented on that.

I've got tons of videos. I think I filmed every song and am trying to upload as many as I can from my hotel, but the internet is a hit or miss here. There should be another one soon. Homecoming is uploading now I think.

99% of the people there had no idea what Coldplay was about and it showed. It was a status thing for most people and I think there were probably a total of 10 of us towards the front singing with every song and having an actual good time. I know it looks like I just showed up on this forum, but I've been a member for years. Had my password saved on another computer and forgot it so I wasn't able to login from a new computer. I don't normally post much, but I read a lot when I can. I'm still trying to recover from last night, but I'll write a much more detailed post about everything.
Thanks so much for the vids/pics, Jimmy!...clearly had a brilliant night!

Also, I know you said most people seemed clueless on Coldplay...d'you think the boys noticed/felt that as well? :(...wondering whether it affected the general vibe from song to song...and especially Chris?...I know he always wants to please the crowd in every way possible :p...wondering if he looked/acted bit different as a result?...

And did you ever figure out why Chris seemed to turn around each time your friend tried to take a picture?..you said 'something was definitely up' about Chris's eyes...perhaps he was bit under the weather? ;(...just curious ;P

And how did you indeed get to be so lucky and attend this gig?....sorry to be nosey...we're all just massively jealous...do tell ;P

Thank you again!

Soo

Lovers in NYC

Lovers in NYC
Coldplayer
Random thought...wonder if Brandon Flowers was there?....don't know why but was under the impression that he and Chris were good friends :p...well, since Chris is a massive Killers fan..and think I remember reading they've hungout a few times as well:p...so figured he'd be invited..especially since he was there for the hotel opening, no? :p

H

howyousawtheworld

Did Coldplay really need to do this?

Certainly not in my opinion.

JimmyD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sorry guys, will start uploading videos again today. Have had a rough couple of days. Internet at the hotel was terrible, as was the rest of the service and I wasn't able to complete a single upload. Got home this morning at 5am, but I'm ready to upload now :)

Since I was pretty close to the speakers, some of the videos may have bad audio. I have two videos of Beyonce on youtube's front page now that are being bombarded with hateful comments regarding the loud bass. I think most of the Coldplay videos are okay. I will also write up the whole story sometime tonight.

JimmyD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
As promised, Strawberry Swing and Clocks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5wk7jjcCCc"]YouTube - Coldplay Strawberry Swing & Clocks NYE 2011 Cosmopolitan Hotel[/ame]

JimmyD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^Why is my SS dedication not in that video? :angry:
It's in this one:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AodFpq-wDI"]YouTube - Coldplay - Strawberry Swing intro NYE 2011 Cosmopolitan Hotel Las Vegas[/ame]

I think you can hear me say "Holy Shit!" Or something when he said your name. Was it really dedicated to you?

JimmyD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks so much for the vids/pics, Jimmy!...clearly had a brilliant night!

Also, I know you said most people seemed clueless on Coldplay...d'you think the boys noticed/felt that as well? :(...wondering whether it affected the general vibe from song to song...and especially Chris?...I know he always wants to please the crowd in every way possible :p...wondering if he looked/acted bit different as a result?...

And did you ever figure out why Chris seemed to turn around each time your friend tried to take a picture?..you said 'something was definitely up' about Chris's eyes...perhaps he was bit under the weather? ;(...just curious ;P

And how did you indeed get to be so lucky and attend this gig?....sorry to be nosey...we're all just massively jealous...do tell ;P

Thank you again!

Soo
I think the guys were a bit shy the whole night. They never made eye contact with anyone. I kept screaming jokes and things to Guy, but he seemed almost nervous to look anywhere but his safe zone.

My friends jokingly said (I hope it was a joke) that Chris recognizes me as a crazy fan so he kept doing it on purpose. I've seen them several times in the past few weeks and I always sing really loud and sometimes scream the right notes when Chris makes a mistake. They say he is probably annoyed every time he sees me at a concert. They cite this photo where he gives me the evil eye/death stare down as their evidence. I hope its not that, but who knows. He mostly tried to not look at me, but when he did, they all looked like this.

I'm uploading another video and going to the gym, when I get back I will begin the write up.

JimmyD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Politik
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_4J_ZzBzlg"]YouTube - Coldplay - Politik NYE 2011 Cosmopolitan Hotel[/ame]