Coldplay in Beijing, October 2010

Al-Hassan

Imperfect Perfectionist
Coldplayer
Hey everyone...

I was reading the latest Q Magazine when I saw something mentioned in there which surprised me!

Coldplay are one of the bands confirmed to headline the Show Of Peace, which will be held on 10th of October, 2010.

Check out the website... the line up of artists and performers is astonishing!!! :shocked2:

http://showofpeace.com/artists.html

Does anyone know further information about this? :)

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
It obviously hasn't been mentioned on the official site, but have any of the other artists' sites confirmed their attendance yet? That list is like half of the music industry!

kjones31

Glowing in the dark
Coldplayer
On the site it also says 'target artist to be invited' - meaning not necessarily confirmed if I'm reading this correctly

analoeskah

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There was also a thing about Glasonbury in Q Magazine and they mentioned that there was a secret little gig or something..?

Megalomania

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Wow! If all of the target artists go, that would be a pretty amazing show!

marie/pims

Reign of Love
Coldplayer
It's so weird that this is happening in China when the Chinese government are sending planes and weapons to countries like Sudan, the DRC and Zimbabwe - which helps these government kill their own people, let them starve etc...oh well...Yeah.I'm not a big fan of China's foreign policy.

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
No, they just put Careful Where You Stand instead of Spies on Parachutes, you can find all their other albums without problem there :)

This show was originally scheduled for April 17, and I was really hoping it could happen since I'm going to Beijing those days, but yeah, it's a list of target artists and if the band wants to have the album out before the end of the year I highly doubt they will play there, it would be too much stress just to play 2-3 songs

double-trouble

Tell me how you feel ^^
Coldplayer
I was excited at first, but I am not now.
I can not stand it if Coldplay have to share the stage with the stupid shit like 李宇春 Chris Lee and 周杰伦 Jay Chou. I hate them and to be honest they are really nobody who knows nothing.

And this is definitly just the target invited artists list.

double-trouble

Tell me how you feel ^^
Coldplayer
And S. H. E! Can't be serious!

Now I definitely hope Coldplay would not coming.

Dfit00

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You have to wait until the official announcement is done.

It would be nice for Coldplay to visit China someday, as well as U2.

double-trouble

Tell me how you feel ^^
Coldplayer
yeah, I knew one day they would come. And it seems they would not say NO to invitation with such a good cause. But I was expecting they come to city like Guangzhou or Shanghai, you know, not as political as Beijing.

I am just expecting their next tour in HK since I have missed the last two.

double-trouble

Tell me how you feel ^^
Coldplayer
hi, can anyone tell me what's going with this " Spies Banned In China" thing. I don't really get it. I heard this saying before and I tried to understand the lyrics but I just don't get it. How come it have anything to do with China and how come it be banned in China. Can anyone give me a clue please, cuz I know my English is not good and maybe it's an understanding thing.

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
I never read anything official about this, I only know it's not in the Chinese version of Parachutes, which is kinda strange and probably led people to believe it was sort of banned, but yeah, I don't get the reason either to be honest :shrug:

lemon

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah, I have read or heard it back in 2001, when Chris said, they were banned in China, because of the lyrics of the song "Spies", "expressing" everyone is being spied on.

But I have bought some CDs in regular stores in China and you always get posters and stuff with them, it's just awesome and in the past they had had pirated albums *cough* which had B-Sides on them...

I hope they come to Shanghai to the EXPO...that would be awesome.