Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clocks pad

Charlie17

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
man that song galaxy stuff is pretty brutal. accurate mostly, but just harsh and amateurish sounding. not to be all negative. edit: it sounds like it was all done with MIDI. nothing wrong with midi, but recordings without live takes with microphones can be incredibly sterile and rigid. There has to be at least a couple human elements mixed in IMO. I'm sure you could just re-create the clocks pad somehow. Just hearing the song in my head, the pad doesn't contain the same chordal content as the appreciated piano, does it? there are three chords in the main piano riff whereas the pad kind of sounds like there are only two. could be wrong. I might listen and try creating a pad for you. Unless that link with the actual track from the record works.

fuzzyman20

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
man that song galaxy stuff is pretty brutal. accurate mostly, but just harsh and amateurish sounding. not to be all negative. edit: it sounds like it was all done with MIDI. nothing wrong with midi, but recordings without live takes with microphones can be incredibly sterile and rigid. There has to be at least a couple human elements mixed in IMO. I'm sure you could just re-create the clocks pad somehow. Just hearing the song in my head, the pad doesn't contain the same chordal content as the appreciated piano, does it? there are three chords in the main piano riff whereas the pad kind of sounds like there are only two. could be wrong. I might listen and try creating a pad for you. Unless that link with the actual track from the record works.
I guess the chords are different. But they sure are pretty close to the original one. If I could get that file I could try to humanize it, pretty simple actually.
Trying to recreate it can be tricky, the chords are different and the sound is unique, and that sample sounds just like the original one

fuzzyman20

Coldplayer
I really need that pad track....If someone could share please.....

Last edited:

Mehovoric

Get It Together
Coldplayer
coldplaykb ... where do you get this stuff?!?!?! ahh this is amazing. I'm hearing so many new things that completely refresh the tracks for me. There's a bit on ETIAW that I never ever ever would have guessed was played by the bass. And the birds on the VLV Drum track. Too bad LIT got noticed for copyright.

Fuzzyman20, if you haven't already, listen to the Clocks Piano track. During the verse is a significant portion of the pad you're looking. If you're good with something like Melodyne or pitch shifting you might be able to fill in the rest of the gaps. When I play it, I split my piano out to 2 parallel tracks. One is mostly clean, the other is loaded down with a ton of reverb. Gives it a great airy feeling.

fuzzyman20

Coldplayer
coldplaykb ... where do you get this stuff?!?!?! ahh this is amazing. I'm hearing so many new things that completely refresh the tracks for me. There's a bit on ETIAW that I never ever ever would have guessed was played by the bass. And the birds on the VLV Drum track. Too bad LIT got noticed for copyright.

Fuzzyman20, if you haven't already, listen to the Clocks Piano track. During the verse is a significant portion of the pad you're looking. If you're good with something like Melodyne or pitch shifting you might be able to fill in the rest of the gaps. When I play it, I split my piano out to 2 parallel tracks. One is mostly clean, the other is loaded down with a ton of reverb. Gives it a great airy feeling.
If I play it by myself it won't sound the same........making that track in melodyne it would be a huge production, it would be impossible.
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUZFcGszFQ
at minute 11:16 we can clearly hear a playback track being lauched....thats the track im looking for

AHeadFullOfaRainyDay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Xylobryte7

Coldplayer
Do you have these multitracks for download separated from the click track?