Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris Martins Piano SOUND

patriklindgren42

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I use the internal sounds from my mp9000 and Piano2 "Studio Grand" is the one to go with! that's the Coldplay one ;) you can also use MIDI on the mp9000 to use it as a master keyboard to play external sounds like vst's and sound modules.
I don't think it's going to sound as good as the real deal if you sample the instrument because you can't edit the internal effects and settings afterwards.
I just suggest you buy a Kawai mp9000 if you want the sound ;)

Last edited:

patriklindgren42

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
We played a small Cafe' and I used my mp9000 and works great live except it's a really heavy weighted instrument to carry around.

Last edited:

Coldplayfan1294

Registered Coldplay Fan
Coldplayer
That's so cool Patrik. Must be living the dream man, to be playing with friends Coldplay songs. I could only dream to be able to do that. What's it like?

adamschoales

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow. Viva La Vida multitrack stems! Those would have been handy a couple years back... Garage Band stems were all I had for "the Suite". Cool find!

gnietok

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey, i just realized that in pro tools, when you open an instrument track and select the "mini grand" instrument, then you put a hard piano type, and that sounds extremely close to the original clocks piano with a good amount of reverb it's very nice, test that and let me know what you think! Also the "real" piano from that same instrument sounds very close to the piano from trouble, i love that sound! :)

OdysseasTS

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Can someone email me the fix you samples and if you have the kawai samples?

patriklindgren42

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Here is a very interesting link I found by Roadie 42!

It seems like they have sampled the old keyboards like the Mp9000 and Triton Rack, and the funny thing is that in this interview with Miller there is no Mp9000 rack, just the Triton Rack and Muse receptors and audio interfaces and so. So I guess the piano sound Chris used under MX tour was actually a sampled version of the Mp9000 not the original unit that they used since the beginning and until 2009.

http://timeline.coldplay.com/roadie-42-blog-129/
[video=youtube;fOQPKn7Vzv4]Mobile Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOQPKn7Vzv4
[/video]

Last edited:

Coldplayfan1294

Registered Coldplay Fan
Coldplayer
Thank you for doing that, I really appreciate it. I think you're close, I think that is more reminiscent of the left right left right left live album or the viva era where he was playing an even brighter piano sound than normal, it was more tinny than anything else. MX era seemed to have a bit more bite to it, a bit more bass, etc.

fuzzyman20

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Thank you for doing that, I really appreciate it. I think you're close, I think that is more reminiscent of the left right left right left live album or the viva era where he was playing an even brighter piano sound than normal, it was more tinny than anything else. MX era seemed to have a bit more bite to it, a bit more bass, etc.
I can change the EQ and compression etc... according to the song.... for me those samples are the best