Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris Martins Piano SOUND

dev_eleven

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So here's the deal. I can make a tutorial for Kontakt, no questions asked, BUT the samples are not going to sound anywhere close to how they sound with Logic because of the plug-ins I have added to the EXS instruments. For example, I lost a lot of the fidelity when extracting the Fix You samples, especially the rotary sound that really gives the organ life. As far as I know, Kontakt doesn''t have this feature and you'd be wasting your time trying to find plug-ins within Kontakt that do. In Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, I added some Distortion, EQ, and Reverb to the Synth make it sound like the album version since the sample was recreated/matched with another synth from Logic's software instruments. For the Viva string intro, I had to add Compression and decrease the attack time on the EXS. The point is, if all of these extra settings which make the samples sound like the actual song carried onto the EXS file itself, I would totally do a tutorial. But, they don't. This is why I chose to share the Logic files - because everything is self contained. There's no extra work to do. The plug ins, the samples, the multitrack stems, the settings - they're all on the 1 file that you download for each song. 2 days ago, I downloaded Logic 10.0.7 from the link I posted (because my version was 10.0.0 and I needed an update) and it only took 20 minutes to download, 5 minutes to install. If you guys don't have Logic, I really suggest getting it with the link I posted. When it comes to software instruments and making music, you would save yourself a lot of hair pulling with Logic and didn't waste time with Kontakt's frankly unimpressive interface. Plus, you wouldn't have the multitracks to play along to if you used Kontakt. What's the fun in playing the EXS Insturment if you can't play it with Coldplay?

dev_eleven

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If you guys need any convincing that you don't need to use Kontakt ever again, I can post a video/soundcloud of the samples and how they all sound so far. I was able to get the Scientist to sound pretty close and the White Shadows Synth is dead on.

fuzzyman20

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Not every one uses MACOSX! We arent all american! And there is no way to get Logic for PC so please do a tutorial!! Shouldnt this work for everybody?

fuzzyman20

Coldplayer
I use contact in Ableton Live, I have all the multitracks including the Lovers in Japan and Paradise, exclusive ones !!!

Crss

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Where did you get the LIJ and Paradise multitracks? :eek: are the originals?

fuzzyman20

Coldplayer
They sure are! I got them from a friend of mine that is DJ

dev_eleven

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow. I completely forgot about Windows people. This week if I have time, I'll try posting just the EXS files with the samples. I understand now that some people want to use the multitracks in Ableton, etc. http://coldplayvst.livreforum.com/ is a site I got banned from trying to post all the links to the samples. The guy on there is selling $80 of Coldplay samples at the end of this month which will include the MP9000 VST Rac, Tack Piano, and more EXS instruments.

Here's my progress so far: https://soundcloud.com/devanwelsh/coldplay-samples

-D

fuzzyman20

Coldplayer
Please im a new guy on this, please understand theres no way to use Logic

Crss

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Could you upload the lovers in japan and paradise multitracks? pleasee

Xylobryte7

Coldplayer
The Every Teardrop is a Waterfall synth doesn't work me, says its missing a .wav file?

Crss

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
http://coldplayvst.livreforum.com/ is a site I got banned from trying to post all the links to the samples. The guy on there is selling $80 of Coldplay samples at the end of this month which will include the MP9000 VST Rac, Tack Piano, and more EXS instruments.
Thank you for the sounds!, and about the forum coldplayvst.livreforum.com the MP9000, Fix You Organ (original) will be free and will be available at the end of this month but he is not selling them.. he is selling sounds like strings, synths, etc exclusive from Coldplay. :)

mrzackzadek

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey everybody-

So sad to see that the forum with all of the samples has been shut down! I would really appreciate getting those samples - is there another place I could get them?

Along those lines, I was curious if anybody had the MP-9000 sounds yet?

Thanks so much for their time and work - it does not go unappreciated!!

Coldplero

Coldplayer or Coldplero?
Coldplayer
If he posted there PM me the links please cause I can't see the forum and I want to use them too