CCC [Project]: The $1.36 Campaign - Over $1300 USD raised!!

lunar1126

beyond the dying light
Coldplayer
Sofy said:
lol texas!

Thanx for answering my q:
So, if it is like Victanic said, if a person pays the minimum of 1,36 thru paypal, Sponsor a Child would get from that person 1,021...if i´m correct, though my mathematical skills certainly suck. Well, then, if it´s like that it´s not THAT much...
Very close. :) $1.36 USD, after the -$0.35 USD transaction fee, works out to be $1.01 USD. One buck isn't that much, but if it's all you are able to give, it is better than nothing, right? :) Of course, the more you give, the less of an impact the transaction fee makes on your total donation sum. But your donation amount completely up to you. Some people have been able to donate larger amounts, and some, a few dollars....but the point is, no matter what you give, you are helping. It all adds up! :)

frostbitepanda

Grrr...
Coldplayer
WOW. That's all I can say. The response is simply overwhelming folks. This is AMAZING.

I'm planning to donate some money tomorrow. :) I get paid! *dance*

Last edited:

an_cat

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You guys amaze me everyday, really. I'm going to give my bit tomorrow when my dad gets home from his work trip with his credit card ;) I feel horrible having helped set this up and not giving yet, but I'm soooo glad to see this turn out.

Love you guys, truly, I do. And hopefully a little kid and his or her family will as well! :)

clockpolitiks

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I hope so too!! I'm glad I could donate. I feel good inside! Wow, almost 60 dollars. That is awesome!! Thanks to everyone else who donated!!

Ladybug

We all look like teachers
Coldplayer
You guys, I've been trying to figure this out, but I can't...(embarrassing, I know :laugh4:): Do I need a credit card to use PayPal or is an account enough?
I just don't get it, to be honest. :/

winnie

Mr. Golden Deal
Coldplayer
@Ladybug: It should work with an usual bank-account, too (simple bank transfer)... well at least in Germany it does, but it shouldn't be too different with Austria.

Sofy

we want the songs back!!
Coldplayer
lunar1126 said:
Very close. :) $1.36 USD, after the -$0.35 USD transaction fee, works out to be $1.01 USD. One buck isn't that much, but if it's all you are able to give, it is better than nothing, right? :) Of course, the more you give, the less of an impact the transaction fee makes on your total donation sum. But your donation amount completely up to you. Some people have been able to donate larger amounts, and some, a few dollars....but the point is, no matter what you give, you are helping. It all adds up! :)

YAY!!! it was so close! :D i thought it was -0.3, not -0.35...
You should remember that here a dollar is much more than it is there, and besides the salaries are crap...so i dont know how much i´ll be able to give, but i think my parents are letting me do it! another YAY!!!

lunar1126

beyond the dying light
Coldplayer
Sofy said:
YAY!!! it was so close! :D i thought it was -0.3, not -0.35...
You should remember that here a dollar is much more than it is there, and besides the salaries are crap...so i dont know how much i´ll be able to give, but i think my parents are letting me do it! another YAY!!!
Oh yeah, I totally understand! :nice: A few dollars can work out to be a lot more in other countries, so just give what you feel is appropriate for your currency. And YAY for your parents!! :D

anitafranc

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
WOW! $85 that's amazing.. and it's been just three days
you all rock!

KM

Mega piranha
Coldplayer
God... I wish I could participate in this thing... but my parents aren't trusting of people on the internet. :cry:

edit: A link here in a banner.

Last edited:

lunar1126

beyond the dying light
Coldplayer
Kara, your banner.....LOVE it!! You're not donating, but are participating. :nice:
No new donations today (last time I checked), but we've done an amazing job so far! Hopefully, this weekend we can sign up for a child with Save the Children!! Details will be posted as soon as we get them. :D

frostbitepanda

Grrr...
Coldplayer
I'm donating tonight hopefully. My check came a bit late this week, but I should be able to contribute!

Great work so far everyone! I'm so very proud of everyone's efforts. :)

And Nadia, when should we meet on that subject? I work Saturday until about 4:30, and I think I'm visting my sister afterwards, so I don't know when I could be avalible. Probably no sooner than 9 o'clock Eastern. Sunday, however, I'd be free for anywhere between 5 - ? . Haha. PM me when you have a time, mmm kay?

an_cat

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm free on Sunday too, as far as I know. Tomorrow I've got SATs all morning and then my friend's having a party. I probably won't be around that much, and if anything really late (maybe 10pm my time?) Sunday we can work on setting up Save the Children, maybe start working on the store and get things all caught up nice nice. :nice: heh

PM me as to what you guys think ;)

Anyways, thanks SOOOO much everyone. I can't say it enough. I feel almost like this is my baby (a baby with many mothers! LMFAO ;) ), and it makes me incredibly proud to see the involvement...!

grange1975

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have just made what I hope will be the first of many donations to such a good cause!! Can't believe that $85 has been raised already!! :lol:

boomslang

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
wow look at all the progress!! i'll donate in the coming week hopefully :)

twistedlogic149

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can't believe the progress we've actually made! Wow!

I knew this was going to work... but not this well! This is so great, guys!

Sofy

we want the songs back!!
Coldplayer
^i was going to say the same! it´s amazing! and how organised it is...you´re the best!