Welcome to Coldplaying!

Register now to access the largest Coldplay Community with over 100,000 fans and an abundance of Downloads, Coldplay Games and more!

SignUp Now!

Avicii / Chris Martin, Heaven and

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
I'm not that excited since it will be the same as the previously leaked version... But anyway... We'll love it!
I think it will be a little different but mostly the same. From the preview I heard, the claps for missing leading up to the chorus. So I think it's definitely tweaked a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I think it will be a little different but mostly the same. From the preview I heard, the claps for missing leading up to the chorus. So I think it's definitely tweaked a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I hope so!!! The demo felt kinda cluttered to be honest. A cleaner version would be so much appreciated!

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
To my ears it sounds exactly like the demo.
Yeah... Feels super underproduced and low energy to my ears? Like the earlier version we heard featured acoustic guitar, kick drum, and the piano exploded towards the end. It feels like the awkwardly slowed down Chris's vocals. I think this could have ended up being a big radio hit similar to "Wake Me Up." It has the catchy hooks, it has the star guest vocalist. But boy did they underserve this song.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The song doesn't have very good pacing and feels quite repetitive imho,without there being a huge buildup/drop. Not my favourite Avicii song...

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
feels quite repetitive imho
I agree, I liked the hypnotic progression they have, but it doesnt change much from it. It was nice to hear for the first half, but 4+ minutes of it without much change makes it a little boring.

nowayme

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
It's all a matter of getting used to the new version. I mean we had years to getting used to the demos that were leaking. Give yourselfs some time to adjust. I'm so thrilled that finally the track is a thing!

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
I mean I got both versions and I'm leaning towards the first guy, and not Chris. It just seems a bit more up tempo than the official. But both versions are great.

Gideon_Mx

What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get?
Coldplayer
It's finally here!!!! What an amazing tune this is.... Love it.
I know what some of you're talking about. It indeed gets quite repetitive at one point point but actually isn't something unfamilar, is it?
I also have a feeling that there are too much layers of Chris' voice at a time at certain moments, you know what I mean? As if the song is crammed with melodies during the (pre-)choruses. For example: the ''and went to heaven, ah oh oh oh ooh....) parts sound a bit too much to my ears.
The production sounds quite well. I really like the raw sound of that electric guitar in the background.. The percussion and everything else sounds nice. The piano starting from 2:25 has a chesty sound to my ears which I really like.

Last edited:

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
The TIM album is fantastic!

I love Peace Of Mind, Heart Upon My Sleeve, SOS and Excuse me Mr Sir especially.

As for Heaven, I’m so happy that this is released after all this time and hype! But Heaven official vs Heaven Leaked definitely has differences. I think I’m leaning more towards the leaked version as the better version. Of course they’re essentially the same but there’s little moments and intricacies like acoustic plucks and this other whistling synth in the refrain which are missing in the official version. Also I prefer the last ‘heaven’ which ends the song instead of the abrupt unexpected ending in the official. However the official does have a mint breakdown which emphasises Chris’s ‘oooooooooooooOOOOOOHHHHH!” instead of being a background sound in the leaked version.

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
I'm just glad the version with Chris is finally seeing the light of day outside of leaks. I never liked the version with the other singer very much. Chris fits the song so much better.

Gideon_Mx

What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get?
Coldplayer
I'm just glad the version with Chris is finally seeing the light of day outside of leaks. I never liked the version with the other singer very much. Chris fits the song so much better.
Wait, did Chris sing the song instead of someone else? I've never heard of this story.

Last edited: