6-Dec-08 - Glasgow, SECC - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

crazyduckette

...they're just spies
Coldplayer
Brilliant!!!! They really are amazing pics. :eek:

and it's okay about the Jonny pic, haha, I remember the times I tried to take a good Will pic for you and failed miserably. :lol:

Did Chris say any particularly funny things this evening?

fudge

WILLUVER
Coldplayer
he was changing lyrics all over the joint. It's a bit of a blur....lol

He said something about being away from Tunnocks Caramel Wafers compared to this song - the hardest part lol

kevvvy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Have to say the oddest (and also the funniest) part of the night was the couple sat to my right who left after 6 songs. They were all tarted up. You could tell they hadn't been to a rock concert before lets put it that way. She had the fur coat and all the bling on her fingers and probably elsewhere too (I never asked lol) and was so pissed off cos folk were standing in front of her. They buggered off never to be seen again lol! Was cool cos we could move about a bit more.

Who leaves a gig after 25 mins anyway?? Pair of fuds!

fudge

WILLUVER
Coldplayer
ha..love that word!

there was a couple next to us sitting down for most of it but everyone else was up dancing and singing. Dancing in the aisles and everything....twas great!!

crazyduckette

...they're just spies
Coldplayer
Was it a leopard print fur coat? because I saw a woman like that at Birmingham tottering around on some heels, looking stupid. Perhaps it's one of the boy's relatives......LOL, I hope not.

kevvvy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Were you on the floor or in the stands? Think I would have did what you did and went down the front as well if nobody was stopping me but not so easy when you're in the tiers lol. Have to say everybody was up dancing where I was too. Think I sat for about a minute of a song but that was just to sort out the settings on my camera.
Just uploading my pics but nowhere near as good as yours. Not too shabby seeing as I was at the back mind you lol. Get the whole stage in as well so it shows a different perspective.

kevvvy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Was it a leopard print fur coat? because I saw a woman like that at Birmingham tottering around on some heels, looking stupid. Perhaps it's one of the boy's relatives......LOL, I hope not.

Nah it was a black number. To be honest it looked like he's got the tickets as a business perk. She was telling him to tell the others to sit down (all 10000 of us lol) and he just stood up and then did nothing lol.

kevvvy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm horrible at remembering setlists but it seemed the same as Birmingham except Speed Of Sound was played on the main stage and not acoustically

kevvvy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
lol cos my memory is not what it used to be! Yeah they played Life In Technicolor II right at the end. In fact I have the full song on vid and will share once its uploaded to YouTube :)

Strawberry Swinger

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
and no cemeteries of london?

damn it, they really don't wanna expand the 90 minutes list,and they don't want!

kevvvy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
and no cemeteries of london?

damn it, they really don't wanna expand the 90 minutes list,and they don't want!
Thats the one that I'm thinking 'Did they play this?' cos I'mnot 100% sure at the moment. I'm sure there'll be someone to put us both out our misery soon lol

KissesBirds

Jonny's Lori
Coldplayer
Thought I'd post these tho! My seats were further back but we went down the front towards the end - no one bothered! :laugh3: Twas AWESOME!

(the best I could do Kara, sorry! :()
:drunk:

SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE!

Wow, that's so cool that you were able to get this close! All the shows I went to had security guards that kept you strictly in your place.

Thanks for posting! :D

sg2006

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What a fantastic night!!

The guys totally rocked. The crowd was completely up for it. The atmosphere was unbelieveable. The highlights for me were Yellow.... the whole place playing punch the massive yellow balloons back at Chris. The B stage set perform right in front of us. Lovers in Japan with thousands of luminous butterflies. The Scientist when Chris changed the words ...'Come up to Glasgow, dying to see you. Don't know how fucking awesome you are' ...superb. Not mentioned was that he sang the first verse and chorus of Take That's Back for Good. But perhaps the best thing was the crowd constantly singing the chorus from Vida La Viva even on the way to the train station....how cool is that!

Will try and upload photos and vids later.

And to all the Buckland Girls, Jonny ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CookyMnstr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

:bomb::bomb::bomb: How does he do it??? Does he practice in front of the mirror--Hmm how should I stand to look causal, yet hot???"
And thanks Guy, for letting me get a glimpse of Will, too:D

The Scientist when Chris changed the words ...'Come up to Glasgow, dying to see you. Don't know how fucking awesome you are' ...superb
Aww I love it when he does things like that!!!! :smiley:

Sounds like you guys had a great time--woohoo!!!! :dance:

fudge

WILLUVER
Coldplayer
right...
I'm gonna try my best with the setlist....the order is totally wrong! I said to myself i would take not on my phone of the setlist....but when they came on that just totally went to pot! lol

Violet Hill
Clocks
In my place
Yellow
Cemeteries of London (actually not sure if they played this now! lol I seem to remember it......but not sure!)
Viva la vida
Speed of Sound
Fix you
gpasuyf/talk
hardest part
postcards from far away
green eyes (SOOOOOOO happy they played this!!)
death will never conquer
strawberry swing
Lovers in Japan
Lost!
politik
the scientist/ back for good
death and all his friends

feel free to correct me! :D