Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

1. NOTICE: Coldplay Downloads are now back up! Sorry for the downtime
    Dismiss Notice

3-Mar-2009: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Discussion in '2009: Australian/NZ & Middle East Tour' started by Jenjie, Nov 22, 2008.

Share This Page

1. crestingwaves

By:crestingwavesMar 4, 2009
    a ladder to the sun...
    Coldplayer

Lol, no Jizo, I'm talking to "Crackers"..he said something bout a camera lol.
    Alls good. I don't think Guy was snarling too much, there were some roudy bunch next to us who mighta been doing that. I can't see how Simo knew about that seeing as he was on the other side near Jonny? Guy seemed happish, just his normal, conservative, shy, AWESOME self.

2. Ab

By:AbMar 4, 2009
    девочка
    Coldplayer

Oh, I see! :D
    Good one!!!! :lol:

3. Jayzo

By:JayzoMar 4, 2009
    ♥ under the Osaka ☀
    Coldplayer

Lol I thought it was super cool new hip greeting I didn't know about :lol: :p.

4. Ab

By:AbMar 4, 2009
    девочка
    Coldplayer

I thought it was an Aussie interjection! :lol:

5. crestingwaves

By:crestingwavesMar 4, 2009
    a ladder to the sun...
    Coldplayer

Well yer. I do say it to be honest. Sometimes, if something is crazy or cool, you say "wow, thats crackers!"
    So I can see how you got confused. Way for that crackers guy to have his name as crackers....its crackers..

6. caity...

By:caity...Mar 4, 2009
    ladidadida...
    Coldplayer

hmm... not quite!

crestingwaves and i are cooler than cool cos we had signs of awesomeness :)

fin

7. joshtimo

By:joshtimoMar 4, 2009
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Ha so you remember seeing me!! That's funny! Anyway, as for Guy, the girls I was with were at the Perth gig also and THEY mentioned that Guy snarled at them, but IN PERTH!! Not in Melbourne; also Guy mentioned to me he was happy with the crowd on the 3rd, so good work everyone!

8. Plug_in_coldplaying

By:Plug_in_coldplayingMar 4, 2009
    5:2 Hurts Like Heaven
    Coldplayer

Do you mean,you were talking with Guy?

9. busybeeburns

By:busybeeburnsMar 4, 2009
    mr coldplaying himself
    Founder Coldplayer

Heraldsun have beefed up their article from yesterday and posted some ace pictures :D

READ EXTENDED REVIEW OF LAST NIGHT'S CONCERT BELOW.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's easy to see why Coldplay have become the world's biggest band in less than a decade.

Quite simply they've got brilliant songs and plenty of them - a knack for timeless melodies first displayed on Yellow which stretches to triumphant anthem Viva la Vida - THE soundtrack to pop music in 2008.

It's harder to see why Chris Martin has such a problem with his own band; his constant self-criticism is instantly negated by the euphoric and emotional reaction that greeted Coldplay at last night's Rod Laver Arena show.

The show is simply brilliant – the best tour they’ve ever done and a remarkably user-friendly stadium concert.

Despite all this Martin seemingly finds it harder to embrace his music than the fans do – he introduced his band as ''we are Coldplay and we’re one of England's premier soft rock bands'' last night.

His British self-deprecation has it’s charm in small doses, but Martin has now earned the right to have a healthy dose of rock star ego.

He’s a fascinating rock star – weird and wired with a wonderful voice.

He’s also smart – busting his trademark yoga-meets-Bono floor squats in front of the assembled photographers just seconds before they were due to exit the arena.

It’s a suitably clever tour. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends pulled off a rare trick - experimental but accessible and also last year's highest-selling album worldwide.

After boring themselves with the bloated autopilot stadium rock of previous release X&Y, accordingly their latest tour is a deliberately intimate show in a not-so-intimate venue.

And tellingly, aside from Fix You the songs from X&Y have either been dumped or stripped back – Speed of Sound and The Hardest Part (introduced as “a song rejected from Shane Warne the Musical”) were acoustic while Talk is remixed on the spot with Will Champion on stand-up synth drums as the band move to their 'B’ stage among delighted fans on the right catwalk.

Indeed their two huge catwalks knock out plenty of floorspace - a bad move financially but a priceless way for diehard fans to get closer to their heroes.

Then a tiny stage at the rear of the venue lets those in the nosebleed section get up close and personal with the band – the hail of cameras suggest the moment will already be captured on You Tube. And their use of cameras and screens is ingenious – from a tiny TV on stage to globes hanging from the roof they’re projected onto.

Like their music, the staging techniques aren't original, but Coldplay are masters at recycling in style and injecting their own charm.

Pleasingly heavy on songs from Viva la Vida, their stunning live show saw envelope-pushing album tracks like 42 and Chinese Sleep Chant alongside tried-and-true world-beaters like Clocks, The Scientist and Fix You.

However more than just a parade of tunes, Coldplay deal in moments. Like the spine-tingling moment when they swing into Viva la Vida and the crowd turn the song’s vocal chant into a football anthem that continues long after the band have stopped playing. Or the sea of paper leaves that swamp the audience during the gorgeous Lovers in Japan. Or the way Life in Technicolour II is the musical equivalent of getting a firm hug or a warm smile.

Yes, forget what Chris Martin says, Coldplay are something very special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25136716-5006024,00.html

10. Pris

By:PrisMar 4, 2009
    Oh, to be that bass.....
    Coldplayer

So true :nice:

Thanx for posting it Ian, those pics are great :D

11. svenky

By:svenkyMar 4, 2009
    Livin' life in Technicolor
    Coldplayer

fix you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ChOMKFtYY"]YouTube - Coldplay - Fix You - Live in Melbourne - 3rd of March 2009[/ame]

12. svenky

Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK1FbnbevQ8"]YouTube - Coldplay - Life in Technicolor - Live in Melbourne[/ame]

13. svenky

Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQm8ENRkU_Q"]YouTube - Coldplay - LIVE Melbourne Rod Laver Tuesday 3rd March 2009[/ame]

14. svenky

Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejDhx5fE4Is"]YouTube - Coldplay - LIVE Melbourne Rod Laver Tuesday 3rd March 2009[/ame]

15. svenky

Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-1kzfuCGM"]YouTube - COLDPLAY - Hardest Part / Viva La Vida LIVE[/ame]

16. busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
    Founder Coldplayer

17. busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
    Founder Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradii/sets/72157614761945176/show/"]Coldplay, Rod Laver Arena 2009[/ame]

18. joshtimo

By:joshtimoMar 4, 2009
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Yes, after the show.

19. marie/pims

By:marie/pimsMar 5, 2009
    Reign of Love
    Coldplayer

tell us more then, please :)

20. svenky

By:svenkyMar 5, 2009
    Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdfal7b_wac"]YouTube - Coldplay Viva La Vida tour - 42[/ame]