3-Mar-2009: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Josh, you seriously have to elaborate...?

Definitely a show to get excited for, guys.

Last edited:

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Amaaaazing pics:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradii/sets/72157614761945176/show/"]Coldplay, Rod Laver Arena 2009[/ame]

sputnam

Berry Berry Nice
Coldplayer
My brother was an official photographer last night and these are his pics from the concert http://www.filedimage.com/
but please don't reproduce them without permission :)
I was sitting in a side view position in 3rd row which was amazing! They were all so close!

sputnam

Berry Berry Nice
Coldplayer
baahhh I need to know where they are staying...anyone know yet? Also, does anyone know what time people were lining up from yesterday for GA?

walkryfe

generic oneiric
Coldplayer
thanks!

much appreciation to you for posting the playlist! it's fun to try to track from show to show what stays the same and what doesn't--what seemed the thing to play at the time, and what didn't. i'm sorry if this is a typical question, i'm new here. do you know if anyone hereabouts ever plays one of those prediction games, where you try to guess for example, what the encore songs will be, or how many times during a tour certain songs will be played and such? thank you!

joshtimo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey,
Just woke up and to tell you the truth, it doesn't feel like last night happened - from the gig or to what transpired after! It was a long day of lining up with a perfect ending!

I will respect the privacy of the band with regard to where they are staying or how I came to have a couple of seperate long chats with them - I honestly don't know where to begin; my conversations with Phil and Guy only barely touched Coldplay, it was fairly relaxed, talking about everyday stuff, whilst smoking a few cigarettes. The crew were having a mini party but the band didn't seem as if they were attending.

FYI, the band, Phil, Kelly and Miller (all of whom I crossed paths at some stage) aren't staying in the same hotel as the rest of the crew, which is fairly in line with what R42 says in his blogs - just find it quite intriguing that Miller, but not the majority of the crew/roadies, is staying with the band.

Anyway, still ridiculously tired and got to get ready for work!

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Hey,
Just woke up and to tell you the truth, it doesn't feel like last night happened - from the gig or to what transpired after! It was a long day of lining up with a perfect ending!

I will respect the privacy of the band with regard to where they are staying or how I came to have a couple of seperate long chats with them - I honestly don't know where to begin; my conversations with Phil and Guy only barely touched Coldplay, it was fairly relaxed, talking about everyday stuff, whilst smoking a few cigarettes. The crew were having a mini party but the band didn't seem as if they were attending.

FYI, the band, Phil, Kelly and Miller (all of whom I crossed paths at some stage) aren't staying in the same hotel as the rest of the crew, which is fairly in line with what R42 says in his blogs - just find it quite intriguing that Miller, but not the majority of the crew/roadies, is staying with the band.

Anyway, still ridiculously tired and got to get ready for work!
Fair enough, but was it where we attempted or not? I waited for two hours you know, I didn't do it for zilchies :p

joshtimo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Fair enough, but was it where we attempted or not? I waited for two hours you know, I didn't do it for zilchies :p
No, we were barely close! The band and crew are at two completely different chain of hotels.

ron3kl

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Second support band?

OK, the first warm up band was Decoder Ring.

They're OK, but can anyone tell me the name of the second act?

I really want to know, just so that I don't accidently ever go and see them again.... :(

soon to be scientist

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What have rules been like for cameras at the shows so far? anyone? I'm flying over from NZ for the weekend to go to the sydney show on the 14th, and not sure what cameras to bring/ what i'm allowed to take into the arena.

joshtimo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Camera are allowed, just don't annoy the band with a flash if you're in the front row! Guy snarled at someone the other night apparently!

joshtimo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
OK, the first warm up band was Decoder Ring.

They're OK, but can anyone tell me the name of the second act?

I really want to know, just so that I don't accidently ever go and see them again.... :(
Mercury Rev! ahaha don't be mean!